• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

8" kitchen knife

Tony Mont

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Hello everybody!

My first ever kitchen knife is ready for a new home!

Steel: 1070 high carbon steel.
Handle: Wenge wood with flared stainless steel tubes.

Dimensions:
Overall lenght: 34 cm - 13.38''
Blade lenght: 20.5 cm - 8.07''
Blade widght: 5 cm - 1.96''
Blade thickness: 3 mm - 0.118''
Handle lenght: 12.5 cm - 4.92''

It has been differentially heat treated. The is a hamon which is visible on daylight. It has a full flat grind with a hand sanded satin finish blade.
*NOTE FOR LEFT HANDED PEOPLE*-The handle has a thumb rest for a right handed user, it wouldn't work right for a left handed person.

The blade has a small aesthetic blemish, I dropped a drill bit near the ricasso, it will not affect the performance of the knife. IT can be seen on the second picture as a black dot. I can send extra pictures if you want to see it.

Price: 150$
Free international shipping with priority mail and a tracking number.
Via PayPal.

DSC_0037.JPG DSC_0038.JPG DSC_0039.JPG DSC_0040.JPG DSC_0042.JPG DSC_0043.JPG DSC_0044.JPG DSC_0045.JPG DSC_0047.JPG

Thanks for looking!
Tony.

That's in the works! I hope to start working with stainless steels soon.

Hey Tony, if you have or could make this style of knife in stainless or 1095 in a 4-5 “ knife (11-14 cm) I would be in for a couple. My wife uses paring knives for just about everything in the kitchen, but gets either cheap stainless or ceramic. A nd then gripes about them cause their dull I know your quality, but she just wouldn’t use a 8” blade. Let me know what ya think and shoot me a price.

Hey Tony, if you have or could make this style of knife in stainless or 1095 in a 4-5 “ knife (11-14 cm) I would be in for a couple. My wife uses paring knives for just about everything in the kitchen, but gets either cheap stainless or ceramic. A nd then gripes about them cause their dull I know your quality, but she just wouldn’t use a 8” blade. Let me know what ya think and shoot me a price.

Email incoming.

Back