• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

8" S35VN Chef's Knife, Desert Ironwood with Carbon Fiber

This is what happens when you work in big batches, nothing for a couple months and then a flood of finished pieces! This 8" Chef's gets a nice piece of high contrast ironwood with copper tang spacers, bolstered in carbon fiber. Blade is S35VN, HT by Peters' as always, 60 HRC. The edge was 0.007" before sharpening, 30 degree inclusive bevel. The knife is 13" overall length, just shy of 2" deep at the heel, fully flat ground with distal taper. The saya is bubinga with hand carved blade relief, finished with tru-oil. There are two things I'm not 100% satisfied with on this one. A little bit of the texture that was meant to be under the scale is visible on the right side. On the front edge of the tang, the bolster/scale lines are misaligned by a fraction of a millimeter. Last two photos show both spots, both issues are very subtle, but for the BF crowd I wanted to be sure to point them out. Thanks for having a look, first "I'll take it" has priority. $450 Shipped.

sSpXWWB.jpg

alxCdes.jpg

4d9N7uf.jpg

o2o7NxC.jpg

RsugKjR.jpg

9ozTFKC.jpg

0EHXbGM.jpg

j1a46rg.jpg

RASxSTT.jpg

Qh8LNeJ.jpg

qBp0vwG.jpg

Last edited: