A Barlow in Every Pocket!!!!!

Beautiful GAW! I'm in--I've not been able to score one and the secondary market is tough.

So:"Thank you Charlie Campagna for your vision to put a Barlow in Every Pocket. I promise to carry and use this TC Barlow and will never sell it."

And I'd use it all the time, everyday... slicing apples, and all types of fruit. Cutting hot dogs and sausage around the fire for the kids. Maybe even gut a fish! And it will do all the other little mundane tasks one finds in the space of everyday life... and as it does so, it will bring a smile to my face.

Good luck to all!

Great GAW charlie, not an entry as I am the happy owner of an ancient barlow. But I can swear it is everyday in my pocket (purse in fact) and will never sell :D

Thank you Charlie Champagna for your vision to put a barlow in every pocket. I promise to carry and use this TC barlow and will never sell it.
If I win, I'll probably slip it into my pocket as one of my main rotation knives, and compliment it with a small SAK or micra.
Wonderful giveaway! Very generous!

Last edited:
Thank you Charlie Campagna for your vision to put a Barlow ................

Oops, I already have a few - the burden of honesty. Nice gaw.

Thank you Charlie Campagna for your vision to put a Barlow in Every Pocket. I promise to carry and use this TC Barlow and will never sell it.

I would make it my "weekend knife". Use it for whatever came up and prolly show it to lots of people as an example of what a pocket knife should, and used to be.

"Thank you Charlie Campagna for your vision to put a Barlow in Every Pocket. I promise to carry and use this TC Barlow and will never sell it."

And with that said, I would love to enter your wonderful giveaway. With my re-entry into the world of traditional patterns, my collection is rather sparse, but continues to grow, as does my enthusiasm but there is still a rather large gap that only a Barlow can fill. The Barlow style of knife is one that intrigues me due to its historical significance, attracts me with its simplistic functionality, and flat out continues to be just outside my reach... Getting a good Barlow appears to be rather difficult due to its popularity. I am still getting familiar with SFO's and different production runs, but from what I understand, when a Barlow is released, there is quite the scramble. And the secondary market fetches prices that are usually outside the general rule of reason for me.

So with that said, I cherish this opportunity and I thank you for your generosity. If I am fortunate to win such a fine knife, it will get used every day. It will cut that apple or orange that is just begging to get sliced, it will open up that package that always deters mere fingers and/or teeth, it will assist in the crafts that the kids bring home for homework, it will ream my pipe when it gets caked up, it will cut the seal on a new bottle of wine or fine whisky... And countless other tasks that a knife is perfectly designed to accomplish. A Barlow is, after all, an almost timeless design that screams, "Why mess with perfection?!" or "Why reinvent the wheel?!" or "Why fix something that isn't broken?!"

A Barlow in Every Pocket! A fine mission.

Nice work, John. A very generous Giveaway!;)
Thanks for helping me get one into every pocket!!:thumbup:

Not an entry!!
Obviously!!
:D

Chief. That's one mighty impressive GAW. Fantastic work. Not an entry. MJ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not an entry, since I'm sure there are many other Porch dwellers who'd appreciate that fine knife much more than I would.

But I do appreciate Charlie's Barlow vision, and I especially appreciate your generosity in sponsoring this GAW, Chief!! :thumbup::cool::thumbup:

Best wishes to all the entrants, and I hope each of you manages to eventually get a fabled TC Barlow in at least one of your pockets! :D

- GT

Thank you Charlie Campagna for your vision to put a Barlow in Every Pocket. I promise to carry and use this TC Barlow and will never sell it.
i would use it for normal cutting tasks at work (boatyard) and around the house . i have never owned one due to availability and cost on the secondary market. i would also like to say thank you to chief for doin this gaw, and thank you to everyone on the porch, i dont post alot but im always here sitting quietly in the corner listening and learning. good luck to all

"Thank you Charlie Campagna for your vision to put a Barlow in Every Pocket. I promise to carry and use this TC Barlow and will never sell it."

This is one that I would love to own, as many have said it is out of reach for many. I love that fact that I would be compelled to use and carry the knife, as I may otherwise be reluctant. The first thing that I would do is cut an apple with it to make it a user right away and be done with the hand wringing.

Awesome GAW. Thanks for the chance.

Classy giveaway, Chief. I was looking for a TC Barlow for quite a while, both for the Tom Sawyer angle - I loved those books as a kid - and the similarity to the Bunny knives here in my childhood.

I don't have a TC Barlow, but including USPS's massive international post increase, the last GEC 15 I purchased off the exchange came in at over $200.

That's getting into custom knife territory, so I've kind of given up on owning one. If I were to win it, I would use it in the original spirit of Tom's Barlow: a bit of whittlin' shavings for campfires, a bit of foodprep, some small game field dressing, and a general EDC companion. But no digging! (No wonder Tom's Barlow wouldn't cut!):D

Last edited:
Great stuff, Chief! :thumbup:

I look forward to rejoicing with the winner, who's in for a real treat. :)

And of course, Thank you Charlie Campagna for your vision to put a Barlow in Every Pocket.

Which has a nice ring to it, if I do say so myself. ;)

~ P.

Thanks for this giveaway this is a great idea I would use this as a everyday user this is the kinda knife that ache to cut things, to go fishing and hunting All around just be used thank for the chance

I love that TV design so much I'd pass it down to my daughter and make it an heirloom. I definitely can't afford one right now but I'd love one someday. I don't have any Barlows at all yet. Thanks for such a generous giveaway!

Are you kidding me? "Thank you Charlie Campagna for your vision to put a Barlow in Every Pocket. I promise to carry and use this TC Barlow and will never sell it. The guys at work always kid me by saying things like " did I show you my knife?". If I were to be lucky enough to win this beauty, they would see it every time I opened a box, cut an apple, opened a bag, whittled a stick and when I just wanted to admire it. :). Oh yeah. I'm in and thank you John for you generosity. Someone is gonna be Happy. :thumbup:

Awesome giveaway.
Daily carry would be the best for a knife like that.

Great giveaway, John! Not an entry, but I'll certainly echo your thanks to Charlie for these wonderful knives. :D

Back