A Barlow in Every Pocket!!!!!

Wow thanks for the chance chief! I have admired these barlows for awhile now and a single clip/peachseed jig bone is the perfect version IMO.

Thank you Charlie Campagna for your vision to put a Barlow in Every Pocket. I promise to carry and use this TC barlow and never sell it

If i were the lucky post id likely use this barlow in my wood shop cleaning up dovetails and trimming edge banding etc

"Thank you, Charlie Campagna, for your vision to put a Barlow in Every Pocket. I promise to carry and use this TC Barlow, and will never sell it."

I've never owned a TC Barlow, nor any other GEC, for that matter. My budget was more in the Rough Rider category. Since I lost my job and have not found another, I cannot afford even a Rough Rider.
I will guarentee I will never sell it. I have never sold a knife in my life, and have no intentions of starting now.
If I win, it will go into my right pocket. It will be used for all my knife tasks for which a clip point blade is called for. (I also carry a Stockman, Canoe, and SAK or "Demo" knife every day, since no one blade shape is ideal for all cutting tasks)

Thank you, for the chance. and goodcluck to everyone.

"Thank you Charlie Campagna for your vision to put a Barlow in Every Pocket. I promise to carry and use this TC Barlow and will never sell it."

I'm in, missed out on all the cc barlows, very generous of you! I have some of Charlie's HJ's, awesome sfo series on both of these. I would use this knife to learn to whittle a ball in a box, and maybe continue to whittle after.

Not an entry I just wanted to say that I think this is a very cool and generous idea for a giveaway. Good luck everyone. :D

"Thank you Charlie Campagna for your vision to put a Barlow in Every Pocket. I promise to carry and use this TC Barlow and will never sell it."
I have had a few pass through due to some financial hardships (regretfully) but I always admire the beautiful pics here on BF and I would keep this one and simply use it everyday.
Thank you for your generosity Chief!

I never enter GAW's , but the truth is I have recently become more and more interested in carrying one of these beauties , so for the first time I'd like to officially enter a GAW .
Best of luck to all respondents , and a big thankyou to Chief for the opportunity.

Ken

Edit - just re read the rules so had to add

Last edited:
I never enter GAW's , but the truth is I have recently become more and more interested in carrying one of these beauties , so for the first time I'd like to officially enter a GAW .
Best of luck to all respondents , and a big thankyou to Chief for the opportunity.

Ken
This I am glad to see. Since your generosity has been displayed here, it's good to see you finally say "I'm in" on a giveaway.

I have stayed out of many tempting GAWs, but this one crosses the line! I don't own a Barlow but that TC with peach seed bone is the Barlow I admire the most. Thank you John for a generous giveaway and tribute to Charlie. "Thank you Charlie Campagna for your vision to put a Barlow in Every Pocket. I promise to carry and use this TC Barlow and will never sell it."
I would use it for weekend chores and time in the woods when I can. I share knives with my son and with his recent enjoyment of Tom Sawyer, this one would undoubtedly slip into his pocket occasionally too and get used for the things a responsible boy does.

Good luck to all.

As mentioned by others, this is an outstanding GAW, beautiful knife as well as thought.

As to use, she would be dropped in the watch pocket for an EDC, mostly chores at work and anything that I can think to cut up.

Thanks for the chance and good luck to all who enter!
G2

Thank you Charlie Campagna for your vision to put a Barlow in Every Pocket. I promise to carry and use this TC Barlow and will never sell it.

This would be my primary user, with a smaller backup for delicate situations.

I have never considered a TC Barlow because of its cost, so this is to me a very generous GAW.

I have recently said that I don't use the Barlows I have, but they are all two-bladers, and I've been getting into single blades.

Thank you Charlie Campagna for your vision to put a Barlow in Every Pocket. I promise to carry and use this TC Barlow and will never sell it.

I do not have a TC, and promise I would carry it and use it every day. My major use would be opening boxes, cutting twine and so forth, not really as a food prep knife.

Thank you for this very generous GAW!
Dave

Wow, what a generous offer. Barlows have a special place in my heart, and I have never been able to afford one costing more than what a swap shop find costs.

"Thank you Charlie Campagna for your vision to put a Barlow in Every Pocket. I promise to carry and use this TC Barlow and will never sell it"

I'm a sentimental guy when it comes to tradtionals. It's funny, unless the knife has a history or a story, it usually gets left at home. Modern folders get carried because they seem to fit the task for the day, but for whatever reason, a traditional that I carry has to have a tale or a story or be attached to a memory. One of the reasons (beyond really not being able to afford it right now) why I gave up on ordering myself a Beer Scout was that it wouldn't have any attachment to me. It would just be this thing that I spent 100 dollars on when a SAK could do the same job. My only GEC was a gift, actually, and every time I carry it I think of the gentleman who gave it to me. Thanks again, Phil;) It's why I don't even treat myself to a modestly priced Case and most of my Rough Riders stay at home. I just keep packing the trapper or stockman my wife and daughter gave me.

Traditional knives, to me, are pocketable memories. You don't use or carry them because they are fast or generally have super steels or can purportedly cut you out of a car. You carry them because of how they make you feel. How they hang in your hand or remember your first cub scout knife, how your dad or grandfather or uncle would carry one just like it and how you felt the first time they felt you were responsible enough to use it.

Should I be lucky enough to win, it would be a three-fold victory for me. It would truly be a knife that I wouldn't be able to stomach to afford presently. It would also be yet another nail in my traditional coffin as I find myself gravitating toward these "old school" knives more and more as each year I find myself just a little bit more "old school" than the last;). Finally, it would remind me not only of the consistent and mind-blowing generosity of this forum but also of one of the first pocket knives my grandfather gave me as a boy about 8 or 9.

Of course...I lost that knife:eek: However, I remember it well. It was a double bladed Barlow with scales so old I couldn't tell if they were bone or deeply work-worn wood. The bolster was a weathered gray steel with the traditional BARLOW stamped down the side. My grandpa, a man of the most modest means, had picked it up for a quarter at a yard sale. The blades had a deep rich patina on them except where grandpa had honed and polished the edge. I have been sharpening my own knives for nearly 30 years, but it still boggles my mind how dang SHARP he could get any blade with nothing more than an old Arkansas stone.

I probably had that Barlow for about a summer. Like so many others through the years, the woods swallowed it up. It may have fallen out of my pocket. I may have left it stuck in some stump. For all I know, my non-knife loving mother may have liberated it from my closet when I wasn't looking;) At any rate, it was that old Barlow given to my by my grandfather in his work shop basement back in the late 80's that really cemented me enjoying the pattern. It wasn't until nearly 30 years later that I stumbled across an old $6 Craftsman Barlow that reminded me of the knife that jogged my memory of how much I really did miss that old knife lost to the wilds of rural Indiana.

I can honestly say that if I were ever lucky enough to own such a fine Barlow it would most likely spend more days than not in my pocket. It's a classic pattern that was designed for use and carry. I'd be honored to give it such a life.

Outstanding GAW Chief! Kudos to you for embodying the generous spirit of the "Porch"! Not an entry as I just picked up one of these beauties off the exchange, but good luck to all entrants, you won't be disappointed : )

~Jim

I had a Barlow once. A Queen with the hidden spring. It had custom handle slabs made of some type of metal. When I say custom, I don't mean pretty, just a Barlow rescued by someone with new slabs. I gave it away to a friend who admired it and needed a pick-me-up. As to use, I carry all my knives and it would be used for normal home and office activities. I like shiny knives, so I'd probably not let it get a permanent patina.

Thanks for the giveaway.

I'm in. "Thank you Charlie Campagna for your vision to put a Barlow in Every Pocket. I promise to carry and use this TC Barlow and will never sell it."

Thanks for the opportunity to win such a nice looking knife. I don't own any GEC made barlows. If this one comes home to me, it will be getting used very quickly, as we are gearing up to tap maple trees and make some nice home-made maple syrup. There is 1000 uses per day for a pocket knife when the season starts up.

I'd love to put that TC Barlow in MY pocket! I have but one good Barlow, a 77 from the last run. I'd use it as part of my EDC rotation (which all my knives are in, no safe queens here). Having just moved and being that we're working on improvements to our new home, there's little disposable income these days for knives. Not to mention how difficult TCs are to land when opportunity arises.

Thanks for the amazing giveaway and best of luck to everyone!

Not an entry since I've got enough knives already. Just wanted to say thanks for the giveaway. It's people like you that keep this forum alive and thriving. Whoever ends up with this will be one happy camper no doubt.

I'm in. I have never owned a GEC knife, and would enjoy the opportunity to see one in person. Pictures are great, but... well... Thanks for the opportunity and generosity.

Back