A box from Moose

I like the black better. I can see how the orange would be nice if you set it down in leaves or something, it would be hard to lose. But they were just too bright for me. My 14 is my EDC for around town but camping-fishing- in the woods will be my 17 backing up my 9 now anyway.

Im all about my orange zytel. But I tweaked mine a bit, I like them better now

100_1538.jpg

100_1541.jpg

Thrillbilly that kydex sheath looks great did you make it?

B. Thanks for the reply on the sheath.I understand the one you are talking about.
Can you show how you edc your's.

Thanks for all the reply's.

I didn't forget about you Hawkeye, couldn't find the time to take the pictures I wanted until today. :)

Like most people I started out with the factory sheath. Its kind of big, tends to rattle a bit sometimes and can dull the blade while removing it from the sheath. The dulling becomes less of a problem the more you use it from the blade wearing down the spot that rubs. There are many ways to use it. I will show you a few that I liked.

At first I just added a loop of para cord and neck carried it. Its convenient,you can put it on or take it off quickly. You can conceal it under your shirt but get to it without too much trouble or keep it on the outside of your shirt if your using it a lot. Mr Becker neck carry's a BK11. Then I got a Tek Lok hoping it would fit the holes on the stock sheath. It does not but Trailbum showed me his sheath where he drilled his own holes. 2 minutes later I have a Tek Lok on my stock sheath. I really like the Tek Lok and its one of the ways I EDC my 14 now. The other way I have grown to like is to just slip the sheath behind my wallet in my back pocket.

3carry.jpg

DSCF3799.jpg

DSCF3831.jpg

I don't neck carry as much any more but when I do I use a very comfortable neck lanyard from Thrillbilly. I wish I had one of these sooner.

DSCF3808.jpg

I recently started working on replacing all my sheaths with kydex. Both my daughters have BK14's with Kydex also.

Here is my daughters green Azwelke taco sheath with Tek Lok and my brown pancake sheath from Thrillbilly. It carry's so nicely behind my wallet I forget I have it until I need it.

DSCF3832.jpg

DSCF3787.jpg

Here is my other daughters set up. I thought I would go ahead and post it even though its pink.:eek: Its an Azwelke BK13 taco piggybacked on a Thrillbilly BK14 Taco.

DSCF3783.jpg

B.Thank you very much for taking the time to show me how you edc your Becker 14 . I did cord wrap mine and ran some paracord

through it and neck carried it on Thursday.I also wore it on my belt. The sheath is a little bit wide but I like it on my belt and

will have to try it in my back pocket.

Thanks again.

Hawkeye

I have tried all kinds of belt carry, I have found I prefer to just drop my 14 in a back pocket and forget it. It's the perfect size for that.

and yes, the orange sheath is one of mine. I like orange LOL

Hey B. do you know if the 14 will fit in an Izula factory sheath?

I am pretty sure it will not. I don't own an Izula to compare but the Izula has a shorter, thinner blade. Izula is 2.8 inches to almost 3.5 for an Eskabar. More belly on the Becker too.

Aftermarket Kydex is pretty cheap for the BK14 if your looking to upgrade.

Here's the sheath I received from GODSPEED, as another kydex option for you......

IMG_4152.jpg

IMG_4149.jpg

*the black thing on the second pic is a mini-Bic lighter sheath

CCMI thanks for posting the pictures of your kydex sheaths
Here's the sheath I received from GODSPEED, as another kydex option for you......

IMG_4152.jpg

IMG_4149.jpg

*the black thing on the second pic is a mini-Bic lighter sheath

Back