A Buck 110 with a little bling... (pics)

Wow, thanks for the great response from everyone, this was a fun project to do.

Alberta Ed, If Buck is willing to swap the blade it will get BG-42, unless damascus is back in stock (doubtful until after they move).

HoB, I have made a few knives but mostly I just customize them. I have not taken very many special requests because I usually fly by the seat of my pants. Typically I make one and then decide to sell it and move on to another one. I'm planning on buying a grinder in the near future though, right now I do everything in my wood shop with mostly woodworking tools.

Tok, everything is from scratch parts with the exception of the Buck 110. The CF was the last of a bigger piece I had, 1/8" G-10 dowel and brass screws.

Oilman, Buck has a program where you can send in a 110 and have a different blade put on it, I just don't know if they'd want the liability of doing it on a one of a kind piece.

T. Erdelyi (& others), I doubt I'll be taking any orders - just not enough time to do them, hopefully one of these days I'll have my status changed to Knifemaker and go live.

Lavan, no offense taken, the use of the term was tongue in cheek hence the reference to the knife matching my "new gold teeth", which I don't have. Every generation has used terms that their elders thought were abuses of the english language though.

Well, off to order my automatic kit from CJ, I think I'm ready to tackle that one now (;)). Thanks again guys!

That is gorgeous! I REALLY like the thinner profile. You definitely could do some business here.

You did an outstanding job. I've often thought about trying to thin down a 110 but never had the courage or the patience. Great work.

Wow. Outstanding work. Just a question: How much lighter is your beautiful 110 compared to the original?

If and when you send it to Buck, I hope they consider offering some of the modifications you've demonstrated on their custom line.

Back