1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

A couple of large blade reposts

Discussion in 'For Sale: Fixed Blades' started by Bill Siegle, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Bill Siegle

Bill Siegle KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 3, 2000
    I've got a really nice camp knife with a recurve bolo style blade. 15 3/4in overall with a 103/8in blade tip to handle. The blade is 2 1/16 at it's widest section. Blade steel is 1/4in thick 5160 with my usual differentially hardening. Weight is 16oz. Tang is tapered and scales are black Tero Tuf with stainless steel tube fasteners. Will come with a black Kydex sheath that will accept a large size Tek Lok. Price is $375 shipped in the US. 5CC9CEFD-E3CE-456D-806D-9F2CB76EF930.jpeg 312B92F4-6F27-424D-A4CA-E2BA77D61828.jpeg

Bowie in 1/4in 5160 with green canvas micarta scales. The blade is flat ground with a convex ground edge with final sharpening done at 20 degrees. Weight is 22oz. Overall it is 16 1/2in with an 11in blade tip to handle. Sheath is black Kydex. False edge is thin but not sharpened. This was a light user for me to play with the edge treatment so it is priced accordingly at $300 ***Sold***shipped in the US. 2C113C7C-7DF3-48FD-8C3F-38480CE0555B.jpeg 14A3D18E-3027-4803-B5CA-1C63E283D494.jpeg

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
  2. WILLIAM.M

WILLIAM.M Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 14, 2006
    Double Sweetness!!!

Bill Siegle likes this.
  3. t1mpani

t1mpani

Jun 6, 2002
    The above poster and I have (or once had) owned and used more Siegle knives than probably just about anyone else. For any newer members out there pondering either of these, you will not find a better (meaning more functional) designed knife for real-world use. Heat treatment and ESPECIALLY primary and edge geometries are spot on, as is the quality of construction, both knife and sheath.
    Fancier absolutely exists, but not better.

4. Bill Siegle

Bill Siegle KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 3, 2000
    Thank you both :)

WILLIAM.M likes this.
  5. WILLIAM.M

WILLIAM.M Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 14, 2006
    You deserve all the praise you get as anyone who owns a knife of yours will attest.

Bill Siegle likes this.
  6. Bigcountrycop1315

Bigcountrycop1315

Mar 9, 2018
    I own probably 15 of Bills Knives and use them hard. I’ve used them for hunting and primitive survival. They are my go to Knives. William Martin started my addiction and once I owned one I just couldn’t resist more. High quality spot on heat treat. Perfect edge grinds and comfortable handles

Mack and Bill Siegle like this.
  7. thebrain

thebrain

Dec 12, 2007
    I love the look of the handles on these you can almost feel the comfort, and the angle of the handle to the blade is spot on well done sir!

Bill Siegle likes this.