A Decade as a full time Knifemaker

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by Fiddleback, May 1, 2019.

1. Nbrackett

Nbrackett Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 19, 2015
    Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

2. jaz322

jaz322 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2015
    Prayers sent.

Fiddleback likes this.
  3. prom52

prom52 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 13, 2014
    Andy,

Phil couldn't have said it any better so I'll just say congratulations on achieving the 10 year milestone as a craftsman. You have created an outstanding legacy in the knife world !

I was saddened to read the news of your recent loss. Please accept our condolences and give Leah a big hug from Susan and I as you mourn his passing. Prayers sent.

Peter

Fiddleback likes this.
  4. Fiddleback

Fiddleback Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 19, 2005
    Somewhere in the 25k range. Lol. Thanks Phil.

Tutone likes this.
  5. Fiddleback

Oct 19, 2005
    Miss yall.

prom52 likes this.
  6. Lady1911

Lady1911 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2018
    Congrats, Andy!

Your knives have not only become useful, highly functional tools for me, they’ve been a gateway into this amazing community of people that I’m happy to call friends.

Thank you also for your continued support of military veterans and active duty personnel. I wish you many more years of success in your craft!

Fiddleback, Nbrackett, VANCE and 2 others like this.
  7. Bmurray

Bmurray Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Congrats my friend

8. Curl of the Burl

Curl of the Burl Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 27, 2013
    Congrats Andy!

9. Fiddleback Outpost

Fiddleback Outpost Fiddleback Forge Knives & Fiddleback Outpost Gear

Apr 29, 2016
    @Fiddleback,

I can't count the businesses on 2 hands that you've helped start or grow just by being generous with your knowledge and skills, as well as by giving people the opportunity to succeed. I think that you genuinely enjoying those around you succeed is likely the biggest reason for your success. And it's well-deserved. No one is self-made...and you're one of the best at recognizing that and continuing to pay it forward.

I've been able to see, and experience, first hand what you created 10 years ago. Not only the joy that the knives have brought to all the customers, but the community and friendships that were built from this "hobby" of yours. I think it's easy to forget, or be overly modest about, the other things you have created as a ripple of you showing up to the daily grind every damn day for Fiddleback Forge over 10 years. You not only built a kick-ass company, a great product, and a cool community...the amount of lives that have been touched is possibly immeasurable. I have often thought about the number of families your creation has supported over the years...how many other businesses started, or stuck, because of yours (including mine!)...how many people learned a tradecraft or skillset from being in your shop...how many kids I've seen light up when you grind the knife they just hammered at Trackrock...and just how many bromances there are with this small man with a giant's laugh. What you've done is awesome on so many levels.

I hate knowing that your milestone is bittersweet with your FIL's passing. Your business having such a significant impact is also a testament to his impact on the world as well. Hell, just the fact that he actually let you marry Leah instead of making you disappear in a Louisiana swamp is likely the biggest contribution he could have made to your success! In congratulating you...we all honor him as well. We are all only as good as the people who opened the doors for us, or mentored us on the path to open it for ourselves.

Please share my sincerest condolences with Leah and the girls. I can only imagine how hard this is. If you need ANYTHING, holla.

Tutone, Fiddleback, NoRest and 4 others like this.
  10. Halfneck

Halfneck Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Seems like just the other day you were making Nessmuks and posting pics up in the General forum. Surely it hasn't been that long...

Sorry for the loss of your Father In-law, but I'm betting he is pleased up above with your milestone.

Congratulations, and I'll see you at BLADE

Tutone and Fiddleback like this.
  11. Fiddleback

Oct 19, 2005
    @Halfneck Its a tradition that we hang out at Blade. I am counting on seeing you.

Halfneck likes this.
  12. catalystman80

catalystman80

May 1, 2013
    Congrats Andy on the 10 years! I remember seeing your hunter on equip2endure on YouTube back in 2012, spent the following 6 months or so lurking the forum, and finally pulling the trigger for my first on 9/6/13, a cherry crotchwood bushcrafter. Still remember how happy I was to snag one and got a some more in the coming years. Haven’t been around much, but I still share my love for Fiddies with anyone asking about a knife. It’s the best experience I’ve had buying knives from you and connecting with other fans of your work.

Here’s to wishing your another 10 years, and much success!

13. McVeyMac

McVeyMac Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 19, 2013
    Andy, so sorry for the loss to your family on what would have been such a celebratory occasion. Peace to you, Leah and the rest of the family. FYI, I have a six month old granddaughter named Leah. Not a common name, but a beautiful name. Tell your Leah I'm praying for her and the rest of you.

14. cbach8tw

cbach8tw Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2006
    catalystman, do you still have that first Fiddleback and does it still get dirt time?

Andy, congrats on the anniversary and prayers sent up for your family.

15. crex

crex

Oct 4, 2002
    Congrats Brother! You've come a long way from fido's butt, been real fun to watch you grow. 10 years just shot by.
    Very sorry to hear about Leah's Dad, be thankful for the times you all had together. He's still around in your heart.
    I know my Pop is, he kicks my butt mentally most every day.

Fiddleback Outpost and Tutone like this.
  16. B Griffin

B Griffin Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 22, 2007
    This thread started out happy and then quickly went sad, Congratulations on the 10 years, and my condolences to Leah and yourself. I am very sorry to hear of your loss.

Fiddleback likes this.