A little annoyed with what I saw on instagram

Question:
What is "Instagram"?
Isn't it just another worthless, meaningless "Social Networking" site, like Facebook?
Isn't it full of loosers with no real life friends, and who need to put down everyone to "feel good" about themselves, and show (among other things) their stupidity talking about things they have no knowledge of as if they are "experts" on the subject? Spread lies as "truth", and hatred and ridicule against those who have the gall to disagree with them or worse, call them out on their lies?

Depends. I hate to say it but among the younger kids I know they all are instagram all the time. If they don’t use it they won’t have friends.

Of course they are all faux friends anyway. When you’re young and still want people to like you.

Question:
What is "Instagram"?

Social Network designed to share images and videos

Isn't it just another worthless, meaningless "Social Networking" site, like Facebook?

Similar to facebook but different in many ways. Worthless no? It's valued at around 100 Billion Dollars. I wouldn't call that worthless. Meaningless? No, again, it gives exposure to a lot of people in good ways.

Isn't it full of loosers with no real life friends, and who need to put down everyone to "feel good" about themselves, and show (among other things) their stupidity talking about things they have no knowledge of as if they are "experts" on the subject? Spread lies as "truth", and hatred and ridicule against those who have the gall to disagree with them or worse, call them out on their lies?

Again, you sound like you have no idea and just paint with a broad brush and just go by stereotypes about social media. Are there "losers" with no real friends? Sure. Are there people who use it to feel good about themselves by posting half naked selfies and raking in the likes from thirsty guys? Sure. Are there conspiracy theorists and hate mongering people? Of course. It's the same in real life, all kinds of people.
There is a bunch of positives and good things about it as well though.

I follow a bunch of people, I enjoy following people who post funny stuff that brighten my mood, I follow knife companies because they show new models, announce shipping info/preorders, knife makers who show off their work in progress and customs, other knife enthusiasts who you can share some opinions with and exchange thoughts, you can message people directly get feedback or information, a lot of youtubers are on there as well, so you can talk to them about their videos, make suggestions and interact with them. I follow car makers/car accounts since I enjoy neat car pictures and you can talk to people who have hypercars, a lot of them are really nice enthusiasts as well. And of course boobs, never forget about those.

No offense, but just try it out. That's coming from somebody who never liked Facebook, MySpace or any other social media website. IG is different, at least in my opinion. Enjoy your Sunday and don't be so cranky on a weekend. ;):thumbsup:

Instagram is owned by Facebook.

Correct, and a pretty good buy from old Zuck. Turning a Billion into a 100 Billion in like 4 years. (I mean valuation doesn't mean necessarily worth, but even if he sold it now for 20 Billion, still pretty good.)

Question:
What is "Instagram"?

Ive seen some very talented craftsman on there that operate solely from Instagram. I'm only on there to have work done and buy custom parts for balisongs.

Social networking sites aren't bad, there's crap on there but also a lot of good. Blade Forums is a social networking site for cutlery aficionados. Facebook has some good knife brand fan pages, Instagram has custom and production makers with accounts showing what they are making before they come out. All about how to use it, you see something you don't like avoid it.

I use Instagram, and don’t mind acknowledging it. I follow my lady, my kids, and a bunch of knifemakers. Like many, many other things in this world, the problem is less often the Thing, and more often the way a person relates to it.

I'd far rather see almost ANY positive interest in knives vs fear and loathing (which leads to ever more restrictive prohibitions ) .

Plus , interest in crap knives can, hopefully , be a gateway to wanting better quality and greater knowledge . :)

There’s these cats I follow on Instagram. They f the world. These little kitty’s makes some nice knives too.

Dont do any of the social media crap except watch youtube videos but I'm sure 99.9% of the people liking pictures just see a cool looking knife and have no clue about make/model/steel/materials/real or fake.

I was just in the classifieds and there is a 0055 for sale and the link takes you to Instagram. I know it's a coincidence but I thought it was funny because I had just read part of this thread then went and saw that.

Back