a little becker love

rifon2 said:
Thread inspired me, for sure.

Bought a BK9, that came in, it's amazing.

Yesterday bought a BK7!

Now I've got to look into these Micarta handle slabs I keep reading about, although I think the handle as it is is pretty decent. Fit and finish on the
BK9 are excellent, BTW. - I'd asked the dealer to do a look-see before shipping.

So thanks for the pix, the thread, and I'll be sending you a bill...;)

oh, i do so like bill hooks, i'll take the ames medium one :) thanx!

bladite

aproy1101 said:
Alright Bladite here are the two I bought because of you, sir. Thank you, btw, I'm hooked for sure. I already received the mikarta scales for my future Brute acquisition.

attachment.php

attachment.php

i saw that in the other thread :) good work.

someone ne-nuded a becker necker, and put on a nice wood handle too. make a double sheath, and have a "karda", and a fire steel too.

bladite

rosconey2 said:
just looked up my bank balance to see what camillus charged for my micarta slabs-

i didnt think it helped when i said the shipping was very steep for such a close delivery-
they charged me $25 total shipped-add in $50 shipped for the bk10-and it might be the best 75$ piece around

well im still a camillus fan

i ordered me some slabs... got two sets, $20 each, and $11-12 shipping.

happen to have an extra campanion, we'll see if i can do the de-nude and handle thing, perhaps get a different sheath for it as well. go for that "odd" custom look :)

talked to the lady for a little bit. yup, on strike. steel still coming in, beckers still being made. sheaths coming in from an outside vendor. not working at capacity, but they are putting out stock.

bladite

Okay ... I got my micarta grips yesterday.

Why didn't you guys tell me how much they would improve the knife overall??

Well, okay, you did tell me, but did I listen? Nooooooooooooooooo!!

Bladite said:
i ordered me some slabs... got two sets, $20 each, and $11-12 shipping.

happen to have an extra campanion, we'll see if i can do the de-nude and handle thing, perhaps get a different sheath for it as well. go for that "odd" custom look :)

talked to the lady for a little bit. yup, on strike. steel still coming in, beckers still being made. sheaths coming in from an outside vendor. not working at capacity, but they are putting out stock.

bladite

well, one set came in... they only charged me $20 + about $12 shipping ;) i called to ask where the other one was. the hand written log shows *2*, they send 1, so they'll send along another 1, but free shipping. if wanted to cover my bacon and get a third, i'd get charged shipping that time ;) no way :)

i can believe it costs $12 for shipping... $4? priority mail? yah, 2-3 days. $12? no wonder they're on strike :p

nice handles though

bladite

Bladite said:
well, one set came in... they only charged me $20 + about $12 shipping ;) i called to ask where the other one was. the hand written log shows *2*, they send 1, so they'll send along another 1, but free shipping. if wanted to cover my bacon and get a third, i'd get charged shipping that time ;) no way :)

i can believe it costs $12 for shipping... $4? priority mail? yah, 2-3 days. $12? no wonder they're on strike :p

nice handles though

bladite

got my second set... $1.11 us post :) compare that to the $12 for ups. aiyee.

bladite

Man, now I have a second set of grips and no Becker for them.

The question is, do I want the 9 incher or the 5.5 incher? (I have a BK7).

Has anybody tried making some wooden slabs for their becker?

Still trying to decide on my first one, or two, or three ...:D

Has anybody tried making some wooden slabs for their becker?

Still trying to decide on my first one, or two, or three ...:D

Better act fast. They're starting to get harder to find.

adding a couple reference URLs to the original post, to tie a couple other newer folx's threads together. big happy family :)

bladite

Back