• Spring cleaning sale: I've reduced prices on the BladeForums.com Logo Tshirts and PVC patches to move these out of here! We're down to sizes Large & XL on the shirts, but have plenty of every colorway left on the patches. Get them before they are gone! https://www.bladeforums.com/help/bfcmerch/
  • The search engine is not working correctly. We are aware of the problem and are working on a solution. Thank you for your patience.
  • I've implemented new password tools to try and cut down on the number of people getting their profiles compromised by reusing the same passwords that they have used elsewhere. If you are using a password that has been exposed in a data breach and is listed on haveibeenpwned.com you will get a notification to change it the next time you log in. When you choose a new password it will show you the strength; you will need a "Medium" strength or higher password for here, 8 characters or more in length.

Thanks for your support!

A little OT. What Busse would you use to skin THIS!

Cobalt

Gold Member
that is huge. I thought it was a Boa at first glance. :thumbup:

on_the_edge

Gold Member
I've seen a few 6 & 7 footers up close, alive and dead and each one looked like a coiled up sewer pipe with railroad spikes for fangs!

I agree that any fang on a snake that is real close to me is too much fang, IMO. Nevertheless, if you want the real McCoy in terms of fang size, take a look at the Gaboon Viper -- 2" is the normal length for fangs in that guy!!!:eek:

OOH!! OOH!!! ME WANT!!! :D That would make one heck of a shop pet!

btw, it looks like its still alive, and yep, I've seen em near that size. Feeding that monster would break ya. :eek:

I'm a herp fan from way back, neat to see them getting that big, the rattle snake roundups are starting to strain the populations. :( Seems people want the rats, mice and other disease carrying vermine over the nice clean snakes. :rolleyes:

Yaa, me too and my wifes Late Uncle was Ross Allen (for real).

That's a hefty snake, but nowhere near 95lbs. Let's get real here folks. A 12' Burmese python, perhaps, but not that D Back.

Let it go to breed, the tasty ones are ~3-5', and there are plenty of them.

"take what you need and leave the rest, but they should have never taken, the very best."

Rob

OOOOOHHHHHOOOO !!!!!

To skin it?

A 4" Mora!

After the head is off, make a slit down the bottom (basil), side to the anus or so and peel the skin off.

Clean guts out, chop into 4" pieces, dredge in seasoned flour, drop in hot grease, ENJOY !!!!!

Rob

Strabs

Gold Member
I would just strap on my INFI spurs (the flown versions) and ride the sucker to Wauseon:D

I've raised them, I've bred them and I've eaten them. I'd rather conserve and relocate (long boring history), but if needed and had my choice of Busse, it would have to be a ABA.

i dont know how fast a 9ft snake can travel (though i assume its pretty fast), but it would seem that you could probably get away from it if if you saw it coming.

maybe that wasnt the case - but i try not to kill snakes. they serve a valuable purpose in this life - lowering the amount of golfers i have to kill.

and seriously, that thing is bueatiful... it would be (for whatever reason) nice to know it was out enjoying life somewhere in a feild. pretty much any reptile expert/exibit/zoo would love to have that thing

Dang bro...what you got against golf? ;)

That thing is freaking huge. My 2nd wife used to have a pet Rattlesnake (Diamond Back) but it was tiny compared to that thing. Wasn't aware that they got to that size. :eek: