• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

a med week batch while the new shop is getting set up side kicks and something new

View attachment 256228

View attachment 256224
View attachment 256225
Black walnut side kick
8” total in length. The 4” o-1 steel blade is 1/8” at the spine and has a scandi grind, the drop point starts about 1” from the tip, and the blade is finished with a satin polish. An observant eye will see that the black walnut handle is book matched so that the grain is perfectly aligned across the the top of the tang. This walnut is about 80 years old and I have left the worm marks in the handle that is otherwise polished, giving it an old world oil finished appearance. sold . including a leather pouch sheath

View attachment 256230
blood wood side kick
4" o-1 steel with scandi grind on a 1/8" blade. a gentle drop point starts 1" from the tip and has a light forge scale finish. the slabs are end grain blood wood with a lacquer finish and 5 1/8" black pens in a common fiddleback forge pattern total length is 8" SOLD includes a leather pouch sheath

View attachment 256226View attachment 256227[
something new
If a predator and a marauder had a drunken one night stand this is what their love child would look like. This little beastie is 10” total length with a 51/4” x 11/4” blade made from 1/8” o-1 steel. The slightly swept drop point starts 31/4” from the handle and meets the scandi grind short and sharp point. All of this is complemented with a simple satin finish. The contoured handle is green canvas micarta with a black canvas bolster and liner all of which is locked together with 3 1/4” black pins. sold including a leather pouch sheath

Last edited:
I'll take the black walnut side kick! That way Dan I finally get your Scandi grind ...
Great knives!
Andy

OK, just got the "something new " in and WOW one hell of a knife !!!!! Fits great in the hand .Cant wait to get it out and test it . Thanks for the great blade Dan !

Back