1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

a MOM would be cool

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by dieseldog, Jul 17, 2012.

1. dieseldog

dieseldog

Jun 5, 2011
    Mother of misstress's full flat grind 11-11.5" blade .4 thick straight handle maybe ?
    If your going to dream , dream BIG right. This one might take three weeks before it comes out.
    Anyone else think a MOM, or sh mom would be cool?

2. BePrepared

BePrepared

Aug 26, 2010
    SHNMFMOM :thumbup:

3. knife hunter

knife hunter "Die Hard Hog" Moderator & Dealer Moderator Dealer / Materials Provider

Dec 5, 2007
    oh this could be worse than the BJ!:eek:

a real beach:rolleyes:

a fight starter:foot:

still the measurements make for one mean blade:grumpy:

:D

4. Havoc550

Havoc550 KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 9, 2011
    Your subject line really had my sick mind going before I clicked the link :)

Bigger is always better in the Mistress line, in my opinion.

Since Busse and co. love acronyms, how about a MILF!!

Mistress
    INFI
    Loving
    Fetish

Since some of you would make love to an older woman made of INFI, this would be an instant hit :)

5. uyotg

uyotg Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 5, 2010
    .4" thick???

... "yo mama MOM so fat..."

6. Solstice

Solstice

May 27, 2005
    I like the way this piglet thinks. You're going to go places man!

7. RussMo

RussMo

Apr 1, 2007
    MOAB-Mother of all Bowie's
    MOASH-Mother of all Steel Heart's
    MOABM-Mother of all Battle Mistressess!!! If this one was made to at least MOASH thickness, Full Flat Grind, I would be on this one in the drop of a dime.:thumbup:;)

8. Need2Know

Need2Know Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 31, 2011
    Upside down"MOM" is WOW....I like what you described here. I'd be very interested in one.

9. dericdesmond

dericdesmond Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 10, 2007
    The user in me says hellz no, the mistress luvin hog, not so much : )

10. Last Visible Canary

Last Visible Canary actively parsing hurf durf

Nov 28, 2006
    Make the handle be the same as the TTKZ and throw a light brigade treatment on it, and I'd probably have to find a way to buy one.

11. BePrepared

BePrepared

Aug 26, 2010
    this is starting to get interesting... so we're up to a hollow ground, blown out tang, 11.5", .4" thick blade, with a TTKZ shaped handle...

How about we add a full length fuller :)

then we can call it the Light Brigate Test Team Gemini Mega Mistress LBTTGMM

Of course, then we'd need a Nuclear Meltdown treatment on it, so i guess it's the NMLBTTGMM?

12. Last Visible Canary

Last Visible Canary actively parsing hurf durf

Nov 28, 2006
    If I was crafting it from scratch, I'd probably do a light brigrade treatment only on the handle, and a full height large radius convex for the blade. That way you'd get the absolute maximum chopping power out of the forward balanced .400" thick blade, but with good edge geometry for performance. If it turned out to be too blade heavy (especially in if it was a NM BM blade) you could add a wide fuller to it, taking up 50% of the blade heigth, with the bottom 50% still maintaining the wide convex grind.

13. BePrepared

BePrepared

Aug 26, 2010
    okay, what if you take a busse gladius, leave one edge unsharpened, move the fuller up toward the unsharpened edge(spine) with a flat grind above the fuller, remove the upper half of the guard, and make the tip more of a drop point.

then you essentially have a 14" long BM with an extended grip

:)

14. Soulrack223

Soulrack223 Gold Member Gold Member

May 8, 2007
    I'd be happy with a +10" blade, .4" thick stock and the KZ handle shape with machined standard thickness scales. :cool:

15. ChristoDart

ChristoDart

Jun 29, 2011
    I still want a basic 14.

16. BePrepared

BePrepared

Aug 26, 2010
    that might find it's way into my collection...

17. M67

M67 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Only if we cross the MOM with a BJ.

Then it would just be weird. A Mistress Jack? Gross.

Now a Boss Mistress.......Bosstress...... nice :cool:

I like it :thumbup: :D

18. KnifeAddictAK

KnifeAddictAK

Nov 17, 2003
    MOM would be awkward all around. For example: "I beat on my MOM this weekend", "I stripped my MOM this weekend", "I'm selling my MOM", "My MOM drew blood", "I'm selling my MOM to buy more knives", "I just got my MOM and can't quit fondling it", "Let's see those pics of your stripped MOM", and this list can go on and on and on and on. Just food for thought :D :p Note: These are all viable terms that have been used in regards to INFI

19. gixxerman

gixxerman Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 19, 2009
    BRING ON the MOM!!!!!
    (oh wait, still waiting on the NMFSH and NMSHBM!!!!):grumpy::grumpy:

20. Soulrack223

Soulrack223 Gold Member Gold Member

May 8, 2007
    If MOABs are north of two grand, what's a MOM going to go for?