1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

3. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

"A Mora on Steroids" (re-post) SOLD

Discussion in 'For Sale: Fixed Blades' started by redsquid2, Dec 26, 2013.

1. redsquid2

redsquid2 KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 31, 2011

Forum member awestib said it looked like a Mora on steroids, when I posted it before. When I made it, I was in fact mimicking the Moras with the wooden handles, to some extent. Also looks a little like an Entrek Forester.

Not a true scandi: it has a narrow, convexed secondary bevel.

Materials: A2, brass tubing, West G-Flex Epoxy, dymondwood, olive canvas micarta.
    Heat treated by Paul Bos, 60 R.C.
    Overall Length: 8"
    Tip - To - Handle: 4"
    Cutting Edge: 3 3/4"
    Thickness: 1/8"

The handle scales are carefully laid up with G Flex. The finish is a mixture of beeswax, 3-in-1 oil, and paraffin wax.

Includes the two sheaths pictured. Both are treated with Sno-Seal.

Please do not expect this knife to be awesomely perfect: The plunge lines are a little mismatched, and the spines are not as smooth as the flats.

Since these pictures were taken, I have trimmed off the excess epoxy from in front of the scales.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The wax finish wore a little on the left handle side, from sliding in and out of the sheath:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

$85 shipped in USA via Priority Shipping. Add $6 for Canada. No other destinations, please. I prefer paypal. With checks, I have to wait until it clears the bank before shipping. With Money Order, I have to wait until I cash it.

Buyer: please tell me what color you want your lanyard to be, and if you don't want a lanyard, that's fine too.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2013
  2. ljcsov

ljcsov

Mar 2, 2012
    Wow very nice. I like your style!!!

3. halfserrated

halfserrated

May 10, 2007
    I will take it. Just send me the payment info. Thanks!

4. redsquid2

redsquid2 KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 31, 2011
    SPF to halfserrated.

5. redsquid2

Aug 31, 2011
    thanks!