A new piece from Dan Farr

Greetings all.

I picked this one up from Dan at Blade, but figured I'd wait on Coop's quality pic to share it here.

I don't have the knife at hand, so I can't give dimensions yet, but it's a CruForge V blade, stainless guard and Goncalo Alves handle.

orig.jpg

I think this is a pretty solid representation of "flow" in a knife. Check out the elegant blend of curves in the blade alone, the sculpted guard and the ergonimically shaped and attractively stippled handle.

It's a relatively simple knife, but one with a lot of evident thought as to design and skill in execution.

Cheers,

Roger

Roger - Thanks for letting me get a good look at this beautiful hunter in Atlanta. Naturally, I can't claim to have seen all the class hunters at the show, but of the many I did see, this was my favorite. :thumbup: There is barely a straight line on it (a few vertical material borders excepted) and to a large degree that's what makes it so beautiful, gives it 'flow' and probably the reason you didn't even hear me when I suggested you sell it to me. ;)

Roger,

Simply beautiful.

I'd like to be first in line, if you decide to part with it.

P

Beautiful sweeping lines Dan has crafted there. Lovely to look at.

Congrats, Roger, on knife and photo as well.

John

Really fine knife Roger. You always speak very highly of Dan's work. This appears to be a great example of why you feel that way.

Congratulations, Jon

Roger, that is one beautiful piece from Dan!!! Hope ya don't mind here is the one I scored from him at the Blade Show. He sure make a wonderful knife!!

DSC05399.jpg

Roger - Thanks for letting me get a good look at this beautiful hunter in Atlanta. Naturally, I can't claim to have seen all the class hunters at the show, but of the many I did see, this was my favorite. :thumbup: There is barely a straight line on it (a few vertical material borders excepted) and to a large degree that's what makes it so beautiful, gives it 'flow' and probably the reason you didn't even hear me when I suggested you sell it to me. ;)

LOL - Buddy, yep, I guess that went right over my head, or through the empty space between my ears.... Peter - looks like you're second in line. Though it's likely academic - I'm hoping Dan will agree to convert an old order into a matching camp knife to pair up with this one.

JDiesel - more than happy for you to join in. I have to say that Dan had a pretty enviable table - I would have been happy with any of them - but I think that yours may have been the prettiest wood of the bunch. Congrats!

Here's a group shot of the knives:

orig.jpg

I don't know if Dan has received the pro pic of the knife that won Best Hunter - but I will add it in here when I get hold of it - unless the lucky new owner wants to post it himself, of course.

Roger

Roger, that sure is a nice group shot of them all!! That stag handle was my second pick(I should have just bought both!!). Dan lives only 20-30 mins from me and I had to drive 16hrs to finally buy one!! I had a nice talk with him and his brother for a bit, both very nice guys.

Last edited:
frig, that's a nice knife Roger. I can't remember seeing a Farr knife I didn't like. I'm so glad I was able to get my hands on one when I did!

Roger

I am usually not a big "hunter" guy, but I have to admit that Dan really does a great job on his - recognizable as a hunter, but not the "same old same old".
As always, impeccable construction/finish

Bill

Roger to me this knife exemplify's what a great knife is

nothing gaudy just artistry in steel and wood function and form

Fantastic

Last edited:
Lovely piece, that!

Good get, Roger, massively sorry we did not get more chatty time at Blade!

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson

Roger,

Great looking knife. I really like the handle material.

Jim Treacy

Dan, Dan, the Handle Man. Not only is it a great example of what a handle should look like, but the sweeping grind just adds to the total package.

Robert

Beautiful Roger. "Flow" is right!. The eye doesn't want to stop moving when you're looking at this. The lines themselves are a feature. But when you do stop, there is so much so nice...

Back