• Preorders are LIVE for the 2024 BladeForums Traditional Knife

Traditional Knife Information Thread - make sure you go in there and read up.

Requirements: Be a Gold or higher member or have been a member of the forums since 6/2023 with at least 100 posts in the Traditional Forum. Preorder is for people who live in the continental US only, international orders will be separate.

Delivery expected in Q4 2024, hopefully before the holidays.

User Name
    Serial number request

A Popularity Test!

If you must pick one like a non knife nut, which...

• Benchmade 635 mini Skirmish

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spyderco C101G mini Manix

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wow, I thought its gonna be close match, but really not so!! :eek:

More vote, more vote before it end!

:thumbup:

This was painful having to choose one over the other since these are possibly my two favorite knives. I agree with several others who like the Skirmishes better styling and pocketability, but the Manix' greater utility. Since a knife is a tool and form should follow function, I have to give the nod to the Manix. There are certain cutting jobs where the Manix is the only knife that will serve and I can't say that about the Skirmish.

Having said that, the Skirmish sees a lot more pocket time.

Easy choice for me.

A) I don't like framelocks. They look to me like a liner lock that someone didn't bother to finish.

B) I don't care for recurves. I have had several over the years, and they just don't do anything for me.

C) I don't like metal handles, whether the metal is steel, titanium, aluminum or platinum. I'll take G-10 or FRN over any of them. Metal is for liners, not scales.

Guess which I voted for :D

Those are my reasons for picking the Manix as well. Plus I think a lockback is better than a framelock.

i'll take the mini skirmish because of the ti frame lock. also i,m spoilded with one hand open and close.

I LOVE framelocks and titanium. But, with that said, I still voted for the Mini-Manix. I had one, and it IS a fantastic knife. That and I prefer Spydies over Benchmade.

Looks like we have a clear winner!

Thanks for everyone who voted and express their opinion.

I may be a bit late, but I also vote for the Manix, due to the flat ground leaf-style blade, G10 grip, and choil. The skirmish also strikes me as a bit "over-styled" for my personal taste.

Back