A portaband saw just changed my life

I've been using mine to cut up bar stock up to .250 thick. Chews through it like butter

Nice

Have you tried any slightly radius-ed cuts? How long would you say its takes to cut an inch of the .250 also what tpi blades are you using if you don't mind me asking.

Ron

Nice

Have you tried any slightly radius-ed cuts? How long would you say its takes to cut an inch of the .250 also what tpi blades are you using if you don't mind me asking.

Ron

I've done shallow radiused cuts no problem, but you won't be able to make any sharp turns thats for sure. I'm using the bi-metal blades, can't recall the TPI but something in the neighbourhood of 16? To cut an inch of .250 5160 I would guess 15-20 seconds

Looks like I will be picking one up then, what blades would you recommend and what was the specific saw? I have been thinking about this for months, but I am on a tight budget so have not pullet the trigger, but my knife making goes very slowly as I dread grinding down blanks for days ( one blank takes at least an hour, usually more) after hacksawing them to the correct lengths. Sounds cheaper than a mill to.

That's the saw I was looking at the -20 and the -21. I think the -21 allows for blades up to 1 inch thick (from where the teeth are to the back of the blade) that's the only difference I could find. These are also compatible with the gen 4 swag tables if I'm not mistaken.

I think Milwaukee is the way to go.

Thanks zcd

I use the same model Milwaukee as ZCD. I paired it with the V4 table from SWAG as well as a foot switch. I can't even imagine trying to accomplish the same work with a hacksaw. Well worth the investment IMO.

Frontmonth,
The only difference between the -20 and -21 models is a carrying case for the -21. The saws are exactly the same.

Randoms020.jpg

I purchased a Grizzly 4x6 G0622 a week ago. I am on pins and needles to put it to work! I have it setup a couple hours away as I live in an apartment right now and I'm not getting anything with a garage or shop until May.

Back