A Season for Giving

RedbeAR15

Platinum Plucker
Ok Gang, I know many who would like to have a Horton, and may not necessarily have all the funds to buy one, so I have put together a little contest to help.

Post a story about unconditional giving. It can be an experience where others have given to you unconditionally, or where you have given to others unconditionally. Or it can be about someone you know personally. Post as many times as you would like.

Starting today, the winner will receive a $100 shop credit for any Horton knife that Mr. Horton has available to sell you. One $100 shop credit will be given away each day through Christmas Day, for a total of $500 in platinum credit.

Only one credit will be awarded per person, so five different people will win.

Jeremy will decide on the time and means for determining the daily winners!

Have fun and Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to All :thumbup::)

First of all...this is very very generous of you RedBear. You are a good man.

My family struggled financially throughout my youth. However, my gramma and grampa always helped others when they could. One year, we took a vacation on their dime to Tampa Bay, Florida. While there, my gramma noticed the maid who cleaned our room had many missing and other rotting teeth. She understood how much of a detriment bad or no teeth can be (my grampa had dentures). So she had my grampa take the woman to a dentist and paid for her to have all new teeth put in. The woman was very thankful and her look of happiness was something my family will never forget. They were classy people and helped instill a giving nature in all those who spent time with them.

Mine too, I'm speechless. , I will figure out a way to draw a winner, thanks so much, this is one of the amazing things we have going here on this forum,

Mine too, I'm speechless. , I will figure out a way to draw a winner, thanks so much, this is one of the amazing things we have going here on this forum,

It's an amazing forum :cool: Where else can you go and learn about knives, lives, wives, lights, guns, ammo, gear, tits, tats, whootie, kayaks, chickens, dogs, hogs, and llamas all from a group of great guys?:D

Haha, but it is all true. Jerm is the man, and he has a lot of good people who contribute. I know I am one of those inconsistent fellas, but I am loyal. Jerm and Busse are the makers of my favorite fixed blades. My brother loves the edc necker I bought off ya at the Chicago knife show event.

this is not a contest.. lol.. everyone who submits a story, i will put their name in a hat and draw them out picking 5.

all stories submitted, i will put names in a hat and draw 5 on the day after Christmas.. thanks again,, Redbear for your kindness,,

This is very cool! Right-on Redbear.
I don't have a story to submitt, but I love the spirit of the contest.
I look forward to reading these accounts, good luck, and Merry Christmas.

This is very cool! Right-on Redbear.
I don't have a story to submitt, but I love the spirit of the contest.
I look forward to reading these accounts, good luck, and Merry Christmas.

Everyone has a story - Somewhere, somehow it happened - dig baby:thumbup:

very generous offer Bear,,,, you are a class act my mang

It's not about me Maine - It's about you - Share the story and share the wealth:thumbup:

Surely you have helped a friend or received help sometime in your life without any kind of paybeck? or know someone who has.

Ok - I'll kick it off - I was a po white boy (seriously) and was dating way outta my league, and the Mother was so cool, she treated me better than I ever deserved. I was totally across the tracks, but she never let me know that. Instead, she treated me like all the other Polo's and Calvin Kleins. Momma Rosa was way cool. I would have gone hungry many times, had it not been for her

Last edited:
Story: My friend and gunsmith took in a Vietnam Vet who was gonna be homeless, and let him live in his shop for a few months. All went well, and the Vet now has an apartment.

Turns out this Khe Sanh veteran was awarded 2!! Silver Stars!! He never talked about them.

Nice gesture Bear,,, I'm not going to participate 'cause I allready own 2 Horton knives and I want someone else to have the opportunity to enjoy Jeremy's knives,,,

I gave my 1st cousin an ETS SJ for Thanksgiving last year. He left a week or so after that to Afghanistan. He's with the 159th Aviation brigade.

Back