A Simple Infraction

RenderedContent-959D0634-A115-43A2-8967-402E90854EBB.JPG 3 weeks ago I bought a Medford Infraction. After having spent some time with it, in my opinion, it's one of their best designs. Yes, it's overbuilt, but like most Medfords, it's construction is simple. Two thick slabs of titanium, a few screws, a clip and the blade. What's really nice about the Infraction is the size, comparable to a Hinderer Jurassic in length and and just a tad thicker. The blade is much thinner than the usual Medford and was very sharp out of the case (a nice Pelican btw).
Mine has the flamed Ti handles and Vulcan finish on the blade. The blade is deployed with a tab towards the front of the handle and you can flip it easily with a bit of wrist or using the grove in the blade. The action is somewhat sebenza smooth, don't expect the blade to fly out but it feels good and locks tight when open. Ergonomically the Infraction is comfortable in the hand with no hot spots that I can feel. The clip is sturdy and easy to get in and out of the pocket. I like this knife, a lot, it has a very slick design shape and the blade fits the size of the handle very well. And yes, I'm aware of Medfords rules on taking the knife apart, but I'm OK with that, I have plenty of knives I can disassemble and modify if I like. It the Infraction fails or has a problem, I'll send it in to have it fixed. I had to do this with another Medford I own and was taken care of politely, quickly and with no complaints.
All and all, a very cool, usable knife.

jwh720

Gold Member
View attachment 759993 3 weeks ago I bought a Medford Infraction. After having spent some time with it, in my opinion, it's one of their best designs. Yes, it's overbuilt, but like most Medfords, it's construction is simple. Two thick slabs of titanium, a few screws, a clip and the blade. What's really nice about the Infraction is the size, comparable to a Hinderer Jurassic in length and and just a tad thicker. The blade is much thinner than the usual Medford and was very sharp out of the case (a nice Pelican btw).
Mine has the flamed Ti handles and Vulcan finish on the blade. The blade is deployed with a tab towards the front of the handle and you can flip it easily with a bit of wrist or using the grove in the blade. The action is somewhat sebenza smooth, don't expect the blade to fly out but it feels good and locks tight when open. Ergonomically the Infraction is comfortable in the hand with no hot spots that I can feel. The clip is sturdy and easy to get in and out of the pocket. I like this knife, a lot, it has a very slick design shape and the blade fits the size of the handle very well. And yes, I'm aware of Medfords rules on taking the knife apart, but I'm OK with that, I have plenty of knives I can disassemble and modify if I like. It the Infraction fails or has a problem, I'll send it in to have it fixed. I had to do this with another Medford I own and was taken care of politely, quickly and with no complaints.
All and all, a very cool, usable knife.
Nice looking knife!

knarfeng

senex morosus moderator
Staff member
Super Mod
Discuss the knife, not each other.
One warning issued for insults.

BD_01

Basic Member
Good looking knife!
For my own tastes, I'm anticipating the Medford Petite series to be released. ;)

All kidding on thickness aside, this is the first of this model I've seen and I really like the contour quite a lot. Also, while I'm generally not a big fan of forward finger choils, the one on your knife looks both aesthetically pleasing and functional. Not sure if it's perspective, but the blade to handle ratio looks great too.

Congrats!

Wolverine666

Gold Member
I like the looks of that knife very much. Unfortunately , I'm sure it's D2 since Medford seems to stick with that. I prefer a true stainless. Still a looker though.

lieferung

Basic Member
Never seen this Medford, I dig it. Looks much more practical than their other designs.

Sonnydaze

Gold Member
Of course, that knife is nice-looking and very capable. The blade is still listed at 0.190" thick, which is about equivalent to most of their blades other than the pry-bar Praetorian. I'm a bit surprised that they managed to bring it in at only 4.3 ounces...

Good looking knife!
For my own tastes, I'm anticipating the Medford Petite series to be released. ;)

All kidding on thickness aside, this is the first of this model I've seen and I really like the contour quite a lot. Also, while I'm generally not a big fan of forward finger choils, the one on your knife looks both aesthetically pleasing and functional. Not sure if it's perspective, but the blade to handle ratio looks great too.

Congrats!
Thank you. The blade to handle ratio is pretty good. The Medford Petite! That would be something :)

Odog27

Gold Member
Basic Member
"The point" is at the terminus of the blade section of the knife (furthest point from the pivot on the blade). The furthest point from "the butt" when the knife is in the open position. Hope this helps!
This is one of the better looking medfords I've seen. Enjoy!

"The point" is at the terminus of the blade section of the knife (furthest point from the pivot on the blade). The furthest point from "the butt" when the knife is in the open position. Hope this helps!
This is one of the better looking medfords I've seen. Enjoy!
Good "point" Mr. Odog27:thumbsup: