A Simple Infraction

I like the looks of that knife very much. Unfortunately , I'm sure it's D2 since Medford seems to stick with that. I prefer a true stainless. Still a looker though.
I've seen this model available with D2, 3V, and S35VN.
If the price were more reasonable I'd be all over that 3V.

I've seen this model available with D2, 3V, and S35VN.
If the price were more reasonable I'd be all over that 3V.

3V and S35VN def interest me. Nothing wrong with D2 but I feel that there too many better steel options out there.

What are we talking about for price? Medfords seem to just be too expensive imo.

Last edited:
3V and S35VN def interest me. Nothing wrong with D2 but I feel that there too many better steel options out there.

What are we talking about for price? Medfords seem to just be to expensive imo.
$600+ on the Infraction seems to be the going rate.

Of course, that knife is nice-looking and very capable. The blade is still listed at 0.190" thick, which is about equivalent to most of their blades other than the pry-bar Praetorian. I'm a bit surprised that they managed to bring it in at only 4.3 ounces...
You answered my question, 4.3 ounces is outstanding. :)

That Vulcan finished blade and flame work looks incredible on this knife. The Medfords never did much for me, but I like this one. Thats just an all around great looking knife!

Well... I just saw the price :eek:...Still looks great, which is good because I now could never bring myself to use it

(I believe the "point" was to show a knife on a knife forum. OP's is giving their first impression and introduce a blade some might not know about...including me)

(I believe the "point" was to show a knife on a knife forum. OP's is giving their first impression and introduce a blade some might not know about...including me)

This type of thread is most often seen in the specific sub-forum "Knife Reviews & Testing" ...which is set aside for these thread types. I suspect that this sparked the contention which occurred earlier.
Nevertheless...a nice folder...

Last edited:
This type of thread is most often seen in the specific sub-forum "Knife Reviews & Testing" ...which is set aside for these thread types. I suspect that this sparked the contention which occurred earlier.
Nevertheless...a nice folder...
Well I think it's a nice folder and thought I'd share my initial impressions. Not a very spec heavy/testing review I suppose. I will try harder next time and place in the proper area of the forum, do my best to not be so contentious, and be most aware of members sensibilities. Thank you.

I apologize for my remark, sir. Beer plus internet equals.....

It was totally out of hand.
Good form Mr. Anderson.
Good form by both of you gentlemen.

Vox, you really have nothing for which to apologize--this is, after all, GKD and that is what has generally ensued following your OP. While Medfords are not really up my alley, I find your description and comments by others interesting and enlightening. You've handled any little tempests in this teapot admirably. Those who wish to bitch or skewer each other should head over to W&C or Pirates' Cove for their sport.

Oops--duplicate post. Working off my phone at our remote cabin in the Vermont woods. Easy to muck it up with virtually no signal here. :confused:

Last edited:
Nice looking Infraction. Is the nonlock side titanium as well? Most of those I've seen are carbon fiber nonlock side. So far every Medford I've had has been extremely well made, and this looks the part as well.

Nice looking Infraction. Is the nonlock side titanium as well? Most of those I've seen are carbon fiber nonlock side. So far every Medford I've had has been extremely well made, and this looks the part as well.
Thank you.
Both sides are titanium on this particular Infraction.

Good looking knife.

I prefer a thinner blade, and must confess that the price point is a bit high for me. It's the best looking Medford I've seen though.

I'm not really into Medfords, but I really like the look of that knife. Good score! She's a beauty. =)

Back