A special new BK16 unboxing.

Twas a gift and will be going no where. The knife that is. The t-shirt, well, that too is a gift, and will definitely be going somewhere. Look for more of it around the Fall Gathering. ;)

That is some drop point goodness right there DerekH, congratulations man. After a 9, it will be the 16 for me though it wont be as cool as that one ;)

SMKW Gerber'd the hell outta those nice saber grounds. I like my FFG, but would take a saber if I could ever find one. Sans graffiti.

It's really sad what they did to them. I have one in it's box in my garage I was planning on hanging onto in NIB condition for awhile but I am seeing it less and less as a future sought out collectors item and more as just a chance to play with a unique grind for the BK16. They still have 86 left at SMKW and they've BEEN in the high 80's for awhile now. Hmm to save or to use?

You don't even know the half of it biscuit.

All I heard was "pube shirt" and my brain shut down.

Thanks OG's for enlightening a newb. I didn't know that the standard 16 didn't have the sabre grind. I learn something new everday.

Thanks OG's for enlightening a newb. I didn't know that the standard 16 didn't have the sabre grind. I learn something new everday.
They originally were going to have the saber grind, but after KA-BAR got a new laser etching machine, and a new coating, the blades didn't require roll stamping for the logos anymore. A flat was required on the blade for roll stamping. So, Ethan decided to go with a full flat grind. The ffg is probably slicier, but the saber looks better, imo.

*GRUMBLE stupid laser etch machine...GRUMBLE*

I hear ya. Would have been nice to at least had a year run with the saber, before they got the machine.

I threatend a hunger strike in the "Ask Tooj" thread. Maybe that'll work. Need a reason to diet anyway. The thought of re-starting P90X makes me cringe...

I just ran two miles. In October, I want to hike a 26-miler in a day. At that point, I think I might be ready to START P90X.

i seem to have a couple of these finally. yay :)

weird. go from nearly none to "hey, i'm a store".

the collection growing unwieldly.

because i was stupid, and bought a couple extra new models, i just had a friend stop over, and they saw the new BK15 with factory laser stamp and said "oh nice. very nice. NIIIIIICE. must buy, where?" -- "here".

inventory -- :)

Back