A tool for holding tools to sharpen

Could you post a picture of the under side of the tool holder? When the wedge is used to hold that palaski to sharpen the hoe is there anything on the underside holding it?

Could you post a picture of the under side of the tool holder? When the wedge is used to hold that palaski to sharpen the hoe is there anything on the underside holding it?

Sure, I could take one. You can see just the front edge of it in the pictures sbove.

There's a metal holder, shaped just right for the job that it sits in. No need to clamp on the adze filing, it just stays put.

I just work on a portable Black & Decker Workmate bench with a drop-in vise. It works pretty good. I also keep some squeeze clamps handy for the odd tool that can't find a place in the vise.

WorkMate%20Vise%20Stations.jpg

I remembered yesterday as I was back at building the treefort, the workmate posts.

Here is mine in action...

20180426_134609.jpg

20180426_134627.jpg

20180426_135936.jpg

20180426_194932.jpg

20180406_143118.jpg

I have some limbs to remove to clear a safe path for the zipline run to be installed after the tree fort deck is done.
The boys are going to love it! They still have not seen nor caught wind I have been building this while they have been at school the past couple days:cool:

Miller, you're one sneaky chap. I bet they're gonna be ecstatic!

Thank you:cool:
I am trying but had another day of rain. Add in a few distractions and this is where I stopped before they arrived home.

20180427_145055.jpg

Hatch door cut and fit

20180427_145041.jpg

Notch it

20180427_092149.jpg

Patiently waiting to limb a clear and safe run

Screenshot_20180427-164637_Gallery.jpg

(3&1/2lb. Charter Oak Connie) :thumbsup::cool:

I think it will be hard to keep the boys from playing out in yard tomorrow...my project will most likely be discovered but they are going to do backflips:thumbsup::thumbsup::D

Wonderful project Miller. The kids'll love ya. But trees expand radially and if this isn't accounted for will damage/deform the trunks or pull apart the tree house floor and supports. Been there done that (starting out as a 'free-range' youngster with hammer/nails and scavenged boards more than 1/2 century ago). These days I cobble together tree-supported work tables at Crown land campsites but the underpinnings are kept an inch away from the trunks and are secured by overly long lag bolts that can be backed out as the tree grows. It's true that kids outgrow tree houses in short order (hey what's 5-10 years in the scheme of things (in the life of a tree or when you're 60+)) and if you're good about all this you'll take the whole thing down the moment the kids outgrow it.

Wonderful project Miller. The kids'll love ya. But trees expand radially and if this isn't accounted for will damage/deform the trunks or pull apart the tree house floor and supports. Been there done that (starting out as a 'free-range' youngster with hammer/nails and scavenged boards more than 1/2 century ago). These days I cobble together tree-supported work tables at Crown land campsites but the underpinnings are kept an inch away from the trunks and are secured by overly long lag bolts that can be backed out as the tree grows. It's true that kids outgrow tree houses in short order (hey what's 5-10 years in the scheme of things (in the life of a tree or when you're 60+)) and if you're good about all this you'll take the whole thing down the moment the kids outgrow it.

Thanks 300!
I did account for growth but in my hurried state did not research and I spaced roughly a half inch using 5/8 washers. I used 10" lags that I can back out if needed, had not thought of that, and only used one lag each end thinking compartmentalizing.
When the interest is gone, I will surely remove and even repurpose what I can...or move into it;)
The boys discovered the near finished project this morning and I realized last night they would without school to preoccupy their thoughts.
They loved it, my oldest giving me design ideas only Disney could have imagined:):thumbsup::cool:

Back