Ads popping up on BF

None here, so it does not seem to be an across the board problem
But certainly paid members are not suppose to be getting ads. That is one of the perks. I am sure they will figure it out.

Anyone still seeing ads?

Anyone still seeing ads?

I currently am. If it matters:

- I get ads in Chrome, Edge, and Firefox browsers
- Cleared cache, logged out and back in - same issues
- The ads are in the side margins on a 4k monitor but are not present on a regular monitor

Were you here between 0630-0700 Eastern, when the rest of us (including iPhone users) were experiencing the problem? I'd posted that the issue seemed to be resolved before you said things were good on your end.
It was around 7 when I tested started to write my post got interrupted by my grandson didn't finish my post or read new ones before posting minutes later oh well I was trying to help and it wasn't needed glad all is better

That might be true, but unless I'm mistaken, BF makes money off the ads.
If you're not going to pay for a membership, you pay the forum by subjecting yourself to ads.
Running an ad blocker means you've got no interest in supporting the forum.
Just food for thought.

I see plenty of ads (on other sites) using adblockplus. It just blocks pop-ups, redirects, and ads that use tracking. Ads that are just ads get through fine.

I'm not installing an ad-blocker when one of the perks of supporting this site through a subscription is that I shouldn't be seeing ads.

I just started seeing ads today. So far just appears to be on my PC with a 27in 2560x1440 screen. If I make my window narrow they disappear, but when window is the full width of screen they pop up in the side margins.

Tuned in today and wanted to report that there aren't any ads showing up in the side margins on my 4k monitor anymore. Looks like it is good to go.

Back