Adventures in Modding: Ultimate ZT 0200

hey all... I have had a ZT 0200 on my bench for the last few weeks for a fellow Order member;-) This was my first ZT 0200 and it was nice to do more than just a few scales. The instructions were blue/black G10 with a faux bolster and a stonewashed blade. I took a little creative freedom and came up with what you see. Stripping the blade was straightforward (used a scotchbrite belt on my mini grinder).....stone-washing the s30V blade was a different story. I used my old tumbler for 2hrs....barely did anything. next up was my brand new HF 5lb agitator...4hrs...still almost nothing. So I did a acid dip...not too long...to give it a nice look, then a few more hrs in the tumbler with assorted media. The result was a sweet "fallout style" finish.

Well I couldn't just leave the liners all shiny at this point, so they got dipped & washed too. From there I made up a nice set of scales with a sidewinder pattern below the bolster. The blue plays off the acid wash amazingly, and the black accents the hardware and pillars for a nice overall look. I also am using a new lubricant (for me) called nano oil. This stuff is amazing!!! The blade is soooooooooo smooooooth on this knife, while remaining completely solid.

8432087738_a79e54358b_z.jpg

8432088844_e2e96e0a23_z.jpg

8431005675_57449903d3_z.jpg

Hope you like what you see:D Im also uploading a YouTube vid featuring the blade on my channel www.youtube.com/rivaldj1314/

Last edited:
It is 154cm must be a typo..

But that is on sweet knife!

looks like I'm not the only one watching geoff;)

I've got to send you some of my knives! I'm a sucker for a stonewash and an acid dipped and washed blade is woah!

Love the 0200! I might need to order a scale from you in the near future.

I use nano oil also. It IS amazing. I use it on knife pivot points and my pistols. Good stuff! The 0200 almost comes out gravity feed with a quick jerk to begin with. The nano oil just makes it easier.

Back