1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Advice for a sheeple friendly edc?

Discussion in 'Kershaw Knives / Zero Tolerance' started by BrentD86, Aug 26, 2012.

1. BrentD86

BrentD86 Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Hey everyone as some of you know I carry a zt 0550 and love it. Sometimes though I find myself in an environment full of sheeple and hesitate to bring it out for small tasks as it does draw a little attention. So I would like to pick up a smaller kershaw to carry with my zt for little situations like this. I have handled the cryo and am leaning towards one, nice little knife and I love the deep carry pocket clip. I do like the sandvick more for the blade steel though so I am also considering picking up my first leek but i feel it might not carry deep enough. Are there any other kershaws with sandvick and a deep carry pocket clip combined?

2. DedRok

DedRok

Sep 2, 2011
    Kershaw Zing

[​IMG]

3. GatorFlash1

GatorFlash1 Gold Member Gold Member

May 28, 2012
    Kershaw Rainbow Leek. Everyone loves the colors. Not a big honker that scares folks.

Speed Safe Assisted opening is very quick.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. turk.919

turk.919

Oct 21, 2008
    More of a tradational design but you could try the DWO.

5. NightMare Silverado

NightMare Silverado

Sep 2, 2011
    Just use your 550. There's no point trying to please anybody but yourself. I went through this phase too and carried a 1 inch blade neck knife for public use. You will still get the same shunned/shocked look from timid people.

6. RogueBowie

RogueBowie

Nov 16, 2011
    I always use a SAK for my sheeple friendly knife, I've never had anyone look uncomfortable when I pull it out. I know it's not a Kershaw/ZT, but it's the best people friendly knife IMO. If you want people friendly and want to stick with Kershaw/ZT, maybe a Scallion? Someone suggested a Leek but it looks a bit pointy and menacing and on a knife with AO it might appear 'switchblade' like to some.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2012
  7. jfever311

jfever311

Jun 14, 2007
    I like having my Dalton Assassin for times like that....... :D

8. Armedtetrapod

Armedtetrapod

Sep 14, 2011
    volt 2!

9. Gadgetman7

Gadgetman7

Sep 30, 2001
    Maybe a Double Cross. A traditional design with locking blades. My dad carried one for several years before he died.

10. TheOTBalisong

TheOTBalisong

Jun 28, 2012
    This:
    [​IMG]

11. BrentD86

BrentD86 Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 27, 2012
    What of the echelon, I just saw that it has a deep carry clip. Anyone gotten their hands on one to check it out?

12. gooeytek

gooeytek

Jul 12, 2011
    I know this is the wrong forum, but the Spyderco Squeak in pink FRN fits the bill well.

13. JSMcustoms

JSMcustoms

Feb 2, 2012
    To be honest, I'm working on getting a ZT 0550 for myself (Ebay can be a nail biter at times). As for my advice, I would simply use whatever knife I wish around other people regardless of what they might think about said "weapon" as long as it's legal to carry where you live.

14. strick284

strick284

Apr 10, 2010
  15. solidorange

solidorange Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 30, 2011
    OD-1 does not have a deep carry clip, but carrying it tip down leaves very little showing. i have found that it is a great "sheeple friendly" knife. the "disappearing" flipper on it is still one of the most innovative and interesting opening methods i have ever seen. i am actively trying to hunt down another orange one for a franken-project. they are getting pretty hard to come by.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. smoakie976

smoakie976

Mar 12, 2011
    Kershaw Skyline! I can flip almost as fast as my friends Scallion.

17. jfever311

jfever311

Jun 14, 2007
    Wow!! I have not seen this knife until now. I have to ask why this opening design did not take off? Did they have breakage or failure issues with the opening mechanism? I would really like to know what happened here. Matter of fact, I'm going to google the subject right now.........

Byebye.

18. flarp

flarp

Sep 7, 2011
    The Chive is a nice little knife and quite addictive to flip. Its size hopefully makes it not too intimidating. It doesn't have a deep carry clip, but it's small enough to begin with such that it doesn't ride high in the pocket. The blades I've used that tend to draw the least attention, though, are SAKs, traditionals, and multi-tools.

19. dogboye

dogboye Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 1999
    I think just about any of the Leeks are not intimidating to non-knife people. Plus, they are very good cutters. I thi one of the nice-colored Blurs would be OK, too. Provided they are legal. But I'm of the camp that if they are legal, I don't worry too much about what people think.

20. Talley1013

Talley1013

Oct 15, 2010
    My opinion is to carry whatever EDC I feel like and if someone gets offended then that's their problem. Right now I am carrying an 0560 and it fits like a glove.