• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

AEB-L Chef in Spalted Curly Maple *SOLD*

Robert Erickson

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
I've just finished up this AEB-L Chef that I have for sale. It is handled in stabilized Spalted Curly Maple from Burl Source. It's really light and nimble and should make a great all around chef knife. The Curly Maple has nice depth and chatoyance to it. It doesn't show up well on the photos unfortunately. I've rounded the choil and spine for comfort.
Specs:
OAL: 11.5" weight: 5 oz. and the balance point is just behind the front pin
Blade: 6" long, full flat grind taken down to 0.009" before sharpening. Distal taper with Plunge-less design and hand sanded to 600 grit.
Handle: 5" long. Stabilized Spalted Curly Maple from Burl source. Black G10 liners and Black micarta pins.
Heel Height: 1.9"
Steel: 0.078" AEB-L HT to 61RC by Peter's HT
$SOLD shipped CONUS, paypal preferred. International buyers email please to discuss shipping.
Post I'll take it here then PM or email for payment info.
Post, PM or email any questions/comments/critiques
robertericksonknives at gmail.com
Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
looks like I got here too late. The knife looks great! Let me know if you make another

Beautiful blade. Nice catch Phil!

looks like I got here too late. The knife looks great! Let me know if you make another

Thanks guys! Appreciate the comments!
huckabee, I have 2 more chef blades in that profile that are heat treated and ready to be finish ground and handled. If you're interested email me at robertericksonknives at gmail.com to discuss further.

Back