• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

AEB-L Paring Knives

J. Hoffman

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
I have three AEB-L paring knives available. Questions and comments are always welcome and appreciated.
This first one is my Derry model in .070" AEB-L Stainless (HRC 61)with stabilized curly Australian Red Gum for a handle. It has a very subtle curl to it and a beautiful natural
strawberry blonde color. The blade is a full flat grind with a machine finish. The hardware is stainless Corby bolts. My Derry model makes a great paring or small kitchen utility knife.
OAL: 6-15/16" Blade: 3"
$125 shipped in the US

The final knife is another Derry again with AEB-L stainless blade. I did the heat treat and cryo treatment with a HRC of 61. The blade is .070" with a full flat grind and machine finish. The handle is stabilized and dyed box elder burl. The burl took a lot of dye and is dark, but still shows the beautiful figure in the right light. The handle hardware is stainless also.
OAL: 6-7/8" Blade: 3"
$125 Shipped

Last edited:
Just opened this up and have to say, this maker sure puts together a great blade. Wish I could finish out wood this nice. It will be around for a long while, thank you @J.Hoffman!

Back