1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

AEB-l utility knives (SOLD)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Kitchen Knives' started by KirbyKnives, Oct 6, 2020.

1. KirbyKnives

KirbyKnives KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 31, 2019
    I have 3 kitchen utility knives up for grabs today. Each one is made from .062" AEB-L stainless steel which has been heat treated with a targeted hardness of 62-63 HRC. (includes LN2 soak) All 3 handles are made from stabilized ambrosia maple wood with stainless pins.

In the first two pictures blades will be 1-3 with 1 being the top and 3 at the bottom. The last two pictures, #1 is at the right and #3 at the left.

Option #1 SOLD has a 5" blade, 1 1/4" heel, and OAL of 9 1/4"
    Option #2 SOLD has a 5 1/4" blade, 1 1/4" heel, and OAL of 9.5"
    Option #3 DELISTED (keeping for myself) is a little different with more of a scandi grind and lower heel. 5 1/8" blade,
    1 1/8" heel, and 9 1/4" OAL

asking $SOLD each which includes shipping in the US. I will ship international but buyer pays increased shipping cost.

I can accept payments through PayPal sent to [email protected] and can accept checks but will wait for clearance before shipping.

Thanks for looking!

IMG_0434.jpg
    IMG_0435.jpg
    IMG_0436.jpg
    IMG_0437.jpg

Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
    Cascadia, bigsurbob, mycough and 8 others like this.
  2. woodysone

woodysone Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2005
    Those look like great workers, if there anything like your paring blades, who ever picks these up is going to have a good friend in the kitchen.

KirbyKnives and David Mary like this.
  3. Jacobcarriker

Jacobcarriker

Aug 24, 2020
    I'd like to purchase option 1

mycough likes this.
  4. KirbyKnives

KirbyKnives KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 31, 2019
    Thank you, it’s all yours

5. Lifelong learner

Lifelong learner Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 8, 2019
    I'll take #2. Sending a pm

6. slamer

slamer

Mar 26, 2001
    2nds on #2...

7. KirbyKnives

Dec 31, 2019
    I just put 2 in the heat treat oven so I can get you one just like option 1 and 2 if you'd like yet. #3 was the original drawing that 1 and 2 came from but I ended up shaping slightly different.

mycough likes this.
  8. mycough

mycough

May 20, 2007
    I think you can probably sell a stack of these, well done!

909Cut likes this.
  9. KirbyKnives

Dec 31, 2019
    Thanks!

10. 909Cut

909Cut Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2019
    I’d take an option 2 Brotherman. Thank you.

Joe.

11. slamer

slamer

Mar 26, 2001
    I also am inclined to option #2 .....behind Joe ....Thank you

12. James Mayo

James Mayo

Apr 26, 2020
    Any chance you have any option 1’s available?

13. KirbyKnives

Dec 31, 2019
    The only thing I have available right now is the bottom one in the listing pictures of this listing: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/2-stainless-kitchen-utility-knives.1755891/#post-20085003
    It came from the same pattern but I modified it to give even more room to keep knuckles from hitting cutting board, and different handle scales. I can make a couple more more like the one you are referring to if you would rather have one like that. I do have more of that same block of wood that was used for those scales.

14. James Mayo

James Mayo

Apr 26, 2020
    I am particularly interested in the 5” blade profile of the #1 knife. And those handles are beautiful. I got here too late to see the price. How much would it run me back?

15. KirbyKnives

Dec 31, 2019
    I can definitely get to work on one, might be a week or so. I was charging $100 for them which includes shipping in the US.

16. James Mayo

James Mayo

Apr 26, 2020
    Is the AEB-L steel still an option as well?

17. KirbyKnives

Dec 31, 2019
    Yep, that's what I will make it out of. I still have plenty of stock in that size.

18. James Mayo

James Mayo

Apr 26, 2020
    Sounds great. Let’s do it. I’ve only bought one other knife on the exchange and am a bit ignorant of the process. How do we proceed?

19. KirbyKnives

Dec 31, 2019
    you can email me at [email protected]

For now I'll just work on it and when done I'll email a picture to make sure it's what you were looking for and then make payment and I'll ship it then.

20. James Mayo

James Mayo

Apr 26, 2020
    Sounds good. Email sent.