1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

AFAustin’s 8th Annual "Going to the Dogs" Sale (Part 5) (Price Drops!)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Traditionals, Slipjoints, "Old Timey"' started by AFAustin, Jul 5, 2020.

1. AFAustin

AFAustin Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 8, 2004
    Welcome to Part 5 of my 8th Annual "Going to the Dogs" Sale.

Part 1, which gives all the background on this benefit sale, is here:
    https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/afaustin’s-8th-annual-“going-to-the-dogs”-sale-dedicated-to-petey-part-1-reductions.1732914/ (One nice knife still available)

Part 2 is here:
    https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/afaustin’s-8th-annual-“going-to-the-dogs”-sale-part-2-further-reductions.1734148/ (A few knives still available---with further price drops!)

I put up some Spydercos and CRKTs over in the Modern Folders subforum here:
    https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/spydercos-and-crkt-pilars-benefiting-the-pups-price-drops.1734837/ (Happily all now sold)

Part 3 is here:
    https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/afaustin%E2%80%99s-8th-annual-%E2%80%9Cgoing-to-the-dogs%E2%80%9D-sale-part-3-price-drops.1735306/ (A few knives still available)

I put up a Buck 500 Duke in the Buck subforum here:
    https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/500-duke-benefiting-the-pups.1736369/ (Also now sold)

And Part 4 is here:
    https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/afaustin’s-8th-annual-“going-to-the-dogs”-sale-part-4-price-drops.1736590/ (A bunch of nice knives still available)

Please note that the prices on the remaining knives in Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, and Part 4 are all reduced so please take a look at those!

Everything is the same as in Part 1, including that 100% of the proceeds will go to the pups, but I’m offering up a new bunch of knives here in Part 5.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

7/12/20 Update: Part 6 of the sale is now open here:
    https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/afaustin’s-8th-annual-going-to-the-dogs-sale-part-6.1739025/

7/19/20 Update: Part 7 of the sale is now open here:
    https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/afaustin’s-8th-annual-going-to-the-dogs-sale-part-7.1740239/

8/1/20 Update: It's a wrap! This sale is now officially over and the donations have been made. Part 8 has all the details here: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/afaustin’s-8th-annual-going-to-the-dogs-sale-part-8-donations-made.1742502/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For convenience sake, let me repeat the ground rules:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Details:

Prices include shipping, USPS 1st Class, w/ Delivery Confirmation. PayPal only. I'll cover the PayPal fees, so please list it as a sale of goods, not a gift.

1st unconditional "I'll take it", followed up with prompt payment. I think my PM/Conversations box might fill up pretty quickly, so please e-mail me for payment info. at: aforsythe4 [at] austin [dot] rr [dot] com

Once we have a deal, please post an "I’ll take it" in this sales thread, since that’s required for us both to leave feedback, which I think is important.

By buying these knives you are stating that you are at least 18 years of age, and otherwise in compliance with all applicable laws regarding them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

International Sales Policies:

I like the international character of BF and so I’m usually willing to jump through the extra hoops to do international sales. But as this sale has grown in size and become a good deal more work, I’ve got to place some limits. So, apologies, but it’s U.S.A. only for this sale.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now without further ado, let’s get on to the next batch of knives!

Thanks for helping the pups!

Andrew

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The first 3 knives are the remaining part of the extremely generous donation from my friend and supporter in the great state of Pennsylvania, whose first 4 knives appeared in Part 4. He knows his knives and he’s been a great friend and supporter of this sale.

1) Case Trapper #6254 SS in Gray Sawcut Bone. Stainless blades. This is the full size (4 1/8" closed) version. Sloped and fluted bolsters. Beautiful gray (with a touch of blue) sawcut bone. Appears new and unused. A very handsome knife.

Includes box and paperwork. $42.00 $39.00 WITHDRAWN (and relisted in Part 7 with further reduced price!)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2) Case Medium Stockman #6318 SS in Blue Jigged Bone. Stainless blades. 3 5/8” closed. Appears new and unused, with a few blade rubs as you typically get with this pattern. Sleek serpentine shape with pretty blue covers.

Includes box & paperwork. WITHDRAWN (and relisted in Part 7 with further reduced price!)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3) Case Mini Trapper #6207W SS in Antique Sawcut Bone. Stainless blades. 3 1/2” closed. Appears new and unused. The Mini Trapper is one of my favorite Case patterns and this version with the wharnie secondary is at the top of the heap. Beautiful knife with outstanding blade combination.

Includes box & paperwork. $45.00 SOLD

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
  2. AFAustin

Jun 8, 2004
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next 2 knives are the remaining part of the much appreciated donation from my friend and supporter in beautiful North Carolina, whose other knives appeared in Part 3. His generosity bowls me over and just never seems to end.

4)
    Victorinox Pocket Pal (Red). Appears unused and unsharpened with minor rub marks. Thin and light with 2 excellent blades and feels great in hand. Typical Vic quality and a very handy little knife.

Includes box. $22.00 $19.00 WITHDRAWN (and relisted in Part 7 with further reduced price!)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5) CRKT Daedalus #6405. 2.91” closed. 8Cr13MoV stainless wharncliffe blade. Stainless covers with mother of pearl inlay. Slip joint with half stop. Has been lightly sharpened. A few very small scuffs. Elegant and different gentleman’s knife designed by Ken Steigerwalt. Now discontinued. Made in China.

No box. $29.00 SOLD

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next 3 knives originally appeared in Part 1, were purchased by my good friend who is a great supporter of this sale, and then donated back so I could sell them again! It just doesn’t get any better than that!

6) Case Pen Knife #72042 in Curly Maple. Stainless blades. Appears unused and unsharpened with a few rub marks. Very attractive curly maple covers.

No box. WITHDRAWN (and relisted in Part 7 with further reduced price!)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7) Case Mini Moose #62032 in Red Sawcut Bone. Stainless blades. 3 5/8" closed. Originally had a small spot on the edge of the clip blade from blade rap (where the blade hits the back spring when closed with enthusiasm), so I inserted a tiny piece of cork in the well under the tang to remedy that. Sharpened to nice edges (which may’ve taken care of the blade rap, but I’ll leave the cork in place to be on the safe side). Minor blade rubs and very lightly used.

When I first got this knife in, I did a little review: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/a-small-moose-is-loose-case-mini-moose-mini-review.1466171/

Includes box & paperwork. WITHDRAWN (and relisted in Part 7 with further reduced price!)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 26, 2020
  3. AFAustin

Jun 8, 2004
    8) Case Mini Trapper #4207 in smooth white synthetic. Ichthus shield. Stainless blades. New in box. I won this in a drawing and haven’t used, carried, or sharpened it. While the Mini Trapper is one of my all time favorite Case patterns, I have way too many of them.

Includes box & paperwork. $33.00 $29.00 SOLD

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

9) Case Teardrop #TB62028 in Pocket Worn Old Red Bone. Stainless blades. Half stops. Sharpened to nice edges and used very little. Nice deep red bone. The Case teardrops are very comfortable in hand.

Includes box & paperwork. $38.00 SOLD

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10) Case Teardrop #TB71028W in Green Curly Maple. Stainless wharncliffe blade (This is the single blade model). Half stop. Sharpened to a nice edge and used very little. Thin, lightweight, and comfortable in hand, with gorgeous green curly maple covers.

Includes box & paperwork. $38.00 SOLD

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
  4. BeatonAround

BeatonAround Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 20, 2016
    I will take: 10) Case Teardrop #TB71028W in Green Curly Maple.

5. AFAustin

Jun 8, 2004
    10) Case Teardrop #TB71028W in Green Curly Maple is SPF to BeatonAround.

Hi, Barbara! Always great to see such a staunch supporter of the sale!

Please email me for PP info.

Thanks,

Andrew

6. AFAustin

Jun 8, 2004
    10) Case Teardrop #TB71028W in Green Curly Maple is now SOLD.

PP received. Thanks, Barbara. I'll get this en route to you tomorrow with a t/n.

Thanks for all your support of the pups!

Andrew

7. Joe58

Joe58 Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 11, 2002
    PM sent for the #3 bone mini trapper. Also for the #7 modded ebony Case humpback in the other listing. Take both. :)

Last edited: Jul 5, 2020
  8. OTF-MAN

OTF-MAN Platinum Member Platinum Member

Sep 9, 2005
    I'll take it. 9) Case Teardrop #TB62028 in Pocket Worn Old Red Bone. Stainless blade

9. AFAustin

Jun 8, 2004
    3) Case Mini Trapper #6207W SS in Antique Sawcut Bone is SPF to Joe58.

Joe, thanks for your purchase. Please email me for PP info. at: aforsythe4 [at] austin [dot] rr [dot] com

I'll reply on the Case Humpback Stockman mod in ebony in the other thread.

Thanks,

Andrew

10. AFAustin

Jun 8, 2004
    9) Case Teardrop #TB62028 in Pocket Worn Old Red Bone is SPF to OTF-MAN.

OTF-MAN, thanks for your purchase. Please email me for PP info. at: aforsythe4 [at] austin [dot] rr [dot] com

Thanks,

Andrew

11. AFAustin

Jun 8, 2004
    9) Case Teardrop #TB62028 in Pocket Worn Old Red Bone is now SOLD.

PP received. Thanks, John. I'll get this in tomorrow's mail with a t/n.

Andrew

12. Gary W. Graley

Gary W. Graley “Imagination is more important than knowledge" Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 2, 1999
    Email sent for the;

5)
    CRKT Daedalus #6405

Thanks Andrew,
    G2

13. AFAustin

Jun 8, 2004
    5) CRKT Daedalus #6405 is SOLD to Gary Graley.

Thanks for the email, Gary, and I'll get this pretty little knife on its way to you tomorrow.

Andrew

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
    Gary W. Graley likes this.
  14. AFAustin

Jun 8, 2004
    (Sorry, a little late posting this---should've put it up yesterday.)

3)
    Case Mini Trapper #6207W SS in Antique Sawcut Bone is SOLD to Joe58.

PP received (yesterday). Thanks, Joe. This one went out to you in today's mail.

Andrew

15. nannybear

nannybear Platinum Member Platinum Member

Feb 19, 2016
    what is your paypal for donations?

AFAustin likes this.
  16. AFAustin

Jun 8, 2004
    Hi, Ann. That is very kind of you and you have been a great supporter of the sale!

I should still have your email address and will email you now with that info.

Thanks for all you do for the pups and all animals!

Andrew

Gary W. Graley likes this.
  17. AFAustin

Jun 8, 2004
    PP received. Thanks so much, Ann, and every penny will go to the pups.

Your generosity and continued support is greatly appreciated!

Andrew

nannybear likes this.
  18. anthonycastorena2014

anthonycastorena2014 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 27, 2014
    I'll take 8!!!! Mini trapper white synthetic

Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
  19. AFAustin

Jun 8, 2004
    8) Case Mini Trapper #4207 in smooth white synthetic is SPF to anthonycastorena2014.

Thanks, Anthony, and please email me for PP info. at: aforsythe4 [at] austin [dot] rr [dot] com

Andrew

20. AFAustin

Jun 8, 2004
    Anthony, I've replied to your email with my PayPal info.

Thanks,

Andrew