AFAustin’s 8th Annual "Going to the Dogs" Sale (Part 6) (Price Drops!)

AFAustin

Gold Member
Welcome to Part 6 of my 8th Annual "Going to the Dogs" Sale.

(Note: Please send any communications via my email address: aforsythe4 [at] austin [dot] rr [dot] com and not via PM. Thanks!)

Part 1, which gives all the background on this benefit sale, is here:
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/afaustin’s-8th-annual-“going-to-the-dogs”-sale-dedicated-to-petey-part-1.1732914/ (All Part 1 knives now sold or withdrawn)

Part 2 is here:
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/afaustin’s-8th-annual-“going-to-the-dogs”-sale-part-2-further-reductions.1734148/(All Part 2 knives now sold, withdrawn, or re-listed)

I put up some Spydercos and CRKTs over in the Modern Folders subforum here:
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/spydercos-and-crkt-pilars-benefiting-the-pups-price-drops.1734837/ (Happily all now sold)

Part 3 is here:
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/afaustin%E2%80%99s-8th-annual-%E2%80%9Cgoing-to-the-dogs%E2%80%9D-sale-part-3-price-drops.1735306/ (All Part 3 knives now sold or re-listed)

I put up a Buck 500 Duke in the Buck subforum here:
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/500-duke-benefiting-the-pups.1736369/ (Also now sold)

Part 4 is here:
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/afaustin’s-8th-annual-“going-to-the-dogs”-sale-part-4-price-drops.1736590/ (A bunch of nice knives still available)

And Part 5 is here:
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/afaustin%E2%80%99s-8th-annual-going-to-the-dogs-sale-part-5-price-drops.1737781/ (Some nice ones still available)

Please note that the prices on the remaining knives in Part 4 and Part 5 are all reduced so please take a look at those!

Everything is the same as in Part 1, including that 100% of the proceeds will go to the pups, but I’m offering up a new bunch of knives here in Part 6.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

7/19/20 Update: Part 7 of the sale is now open here:
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/afaustin’s-8th-annual-going-to-the-dogs-sale-part-7.1740239/

8/1/20 Update: It's a wrap! This sale is now officially over and the donations have been made. Part 8 has all the details here: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/afaustin’s-8th-annual-going-to-the-dogs-sale-part-8-donations-made.1742502/

For convenience sake, let me repeat the ground rules:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Details:

Prices include shipping, USPS 1st Class, w/ Delivery Confirmation. PayPal only. I'll cover the PayPal fees, so please list it as a sale of goods, not a gift.

1st unconditional "I'll take it", followed up with prompt payment. I think my PM/Conversations box might fill up pretty quickly, so please e-mail me for payment info. at: aforsythe4 [at] austin [dot] rr [dot] com

Once we have a deal, please post an "I’ll take it" in this sales thread, since that’s required for us both to leave feedback, which I think is important.

By buying these knives you are stating that you are at least 18 years of age, and otherwise in compliance with all applicable laws regarding them.

International Sales Policies:

I like the international character of BF and so I’m usually willing to jump through the extra hoops to do international sales. But as this sale has grown in size and become a good deal more work, I’ve got to place some limits. So, apologies, but it’s U.S.A. only for this sale.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now without further ado, let’s get on to the next batch of knives!

Thanks for helping the pups!

Andrew

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The first two knives were donated by my good friend and supporter in Arizona. They are re-listed here from Part 2 with prices further reduced---time to move some knives!

1) Winchester #W20 19005 Workman Series 1-Blade Trapper in Black Jigged Delrin. From Blue Grass Cutlery. 4 1/8” closed. Appears new and unused, but with some dark marks on the bolsters around the pins (Note: The marks don't really appear in my poor pics but they are obvious in person). Single spey blade. Per the good folks at Blue Grass, the blade is 440c stainless steel. Sharpen it up and it’ll make a nice work knife. Made in U.S.A.

Includes box. $40.00 $37.00 $35.00 $29.00 SOLD

XoQOOM5l.jpg

noOKqKml.jpg

vTBo11ll.jpg

2) John Primble #D 06 5009 JP PK Belknap Barlow in Saw Cut Brown Bone. From Blue Grass Cutlery. 3 3/8” closed. Appears new and unused, with a few small marks on the bolsters. Per the good folks at Blue Grass, the blades are 1095 carbon steel. Pull on the main is moderate, a little stronger on the pen (as is common). Very nice saw cut bone. Feels great in hand. Made in U.S.A.

Includes box. $65.00 $55.00 $47.00 $41.00 $38.00 SOLD

Osv9SIpl.jpg

L6IdpZCl.jpg

zMfkAjol.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This next knife was donated by my good friend and supporter in North Carolina and is re-listed from Part 3---with a nice price reduction.

3) Case Trapper #3254 SS in Yellow Synthetic. Stainless blades with a stonewash finish. This is the full size (4 1/8" closed) version. Some scuffs on the bolsters. It has been sharpened, carried, and used, but is in good working condition.

7/16/20 Update: I just pulled out this knife to get it ready to be mailed and noticed that the spey has some vertical play and very slight horizontal. Shouldn't affect function but sorry I missed this originally. In light of this I'm reducing the price to $15 and pa knifeguy is welcome to withdraw his claim if he'd like.

No box. $29.00 $25.00 $21.00 $19.00 $15.00 SOLD

HKNA4Jll.jpg

zsfik5Fl.jpg

HVcBwXcl.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited:

AFAustin

Gold Member

4) A.G. Russell Cattaraugus CM-10 Bullet Lockback in Brown Jigged Bone. K.C.C. (Knife Collector’s Club) with “2846" engraved on the spring. Stainless blade. Made in Japan. 3 1/4" closed. Unused with factory edge. Beautiful jigging on the covers. These are just superb small lockbacks and are among my favorites of A.G.’s Japan made knives. But I have too many and so am selling this unused one.

No box. $50.00 SOLD

1gYU2HOl.jpg

pkECtcOl.jpg

3ptLubCl.jpg

5) A.G. Russell Reverse Congress in Black Rucarta. 3 1/4" closed. AUS-8A steel. Made in Japan. Sharpened and lightly used. Easy pulls. The small wharnie has scratching and uneveness along the upper bevel line, but it is very sharp.

The good folks at A.G. Russell tell me the model no. is AG-438CR and that these sold for $44.95 (plus shipping) back in 1998 and were big sellers. I have several of these and they are excellent gentleman’s knives. One of these (new) sold for $74.95 in mid-May on ebay. I am discounting it substantially due to the cosmetic issues on the wharnie.

No box. WITHDRAWN

8o1rRSal.jpg

cd1BJBQl.jpg

i5q6aghl.jpg

6) A.G. Russell Reverse Congress in Red Rucarta. 3 1/4" closed. AUS-8A steel. Made in Japan. Sharpened and lightly used. Easy pulls. The small wharnie has some uneveness along the upper bevel line, and but it is very sharp.

The good folks at A.G. Russell tell me the model no. is AG-438CR and that these sold for $44.95 (plus shipping) back in 1998 and were big sellers. I have several of these and they are terrific gentleman’s knives. One of these (new) sold for $74.95 in mid-May on ebay. I am discounting it substantially due to the cosmetic issues on the wharnie.

No box. $35.00 SOLD

PBBTG7ul.jpg

muvhIcYl.jpg

KW4DkSIl.jpg

Last edited:

AFAustin

Gold Member

7) Case Mini Muskrat #PCC 6318 in Dark Purple Jigged Bone. Stainless blades. New, unused, and unsharpened. 3 5/8" closed. Beautiful dark purple bone covers. The open and close isn’t as smooth as I’d like but a little breaking in may help with that. Not many of this model around and this is a beauty.

Includes box & paperwork. $49.00 $43.00 SOLD

qYBdAnPl.jpg

xiR4VKJl.jpg

RwYRNqHl.jpg

8) Case Small Stockman #73087 in Curly Maple. 3 3/8" closed. Stainless blades. Pretty curly maple covers. I modded the spey into a “semi-sheepsfoot” which I like much better. Sharpened to nice edges, used and carried some, and has a few blade rubs and minor scuffs. Attractive and pocket friendly little stockman.

No box. WITHDRAWN

ExGUTRrl.jpg

PHSegJIl.jpg

UqjKojbl.jpg

9) Case Half Whittler #6208 in Red Jigged Bone. Stainless blades. 3 1/4” closed. This is the older single spring model. Some blade rubs as you would expect. Sharpened to nice edges and very lightly used.

No box. $42.00 $38.00 SOLD

mhkLTKHl.jpg

feEos1zl.jpg

PXkzxyQl.jpg

10) Case Half Whittler #6208 in Smooth Green Appaloosa Bone. Stainless blades. 3 1/4” closed. This is the older single spring model. Pretty green covers. Some minor blade rubs as you would expect and I gave the blades a light satin finish. Very lightly used. Originally had a small spot on the edge of the blade from blade rap (where the blade hits the back spring when closed with enthusiasm), so I inserted a tiny piece of cork in the well under the tang to remedy that. Sharpened to a nice edge (which likely took care of the blade rap, but I’ll leave the cork in place to be on the safe side).

No box. WITHDRAWN

eIfeiQCl.jpg

fjdJ6qdl.jpg

QQ5Oa0cl.jpg

Last edited:

AFAustin

Gold Member
Good things come to those who wait... Bearing with you :thumbsup:

Hi, Arno---glad to see another supporter stop by! We of the technology challenged class require more than a little patience from our friends!

Cheers,

Andrew

.577NE

Gold Member
Hi, Arno---glad to see another supporter stop by! We of the technology challenged class require more than a little patience from our friends!

Cheers,

Andrew

Yes sir, that makes two of us :)

Andrew, I truly appreciate your continued effort to help the pups.

I would like to donate 100 $ without claiming a knife. Please feel free to e-mail me your PayPal address and I will do so.

Edit: Money sent.

Last edited:

AFAustin

Gold Member
6) A.G. Russell Reverse Congress in Red Rucarta is SPF to MCar.

McKay, I have your email address and will email you my PP info. in a sec.

Thanks,

Andrew

AFAustin

Gold Member
Yes sir, that makes two of us :)

Andrew, I truly appreciate your continued effort to help the pups.

I would like to donate 100 $ without claiming a knife. Please feel free to e-mail me your PayPal address and I will do so.

Edit: Money sent.

Arno,

That is really so good of you---thank you very much! I received your PP and every cent will go to the pups!

I truly appreciate all your generous and ongoing support of my efforts.

Andrew

AFAustin

Gold Member
4) A.G. Russell Cattaraugus CM-10 Bullet Lockback in Brown Jigged Bone is SPF to LastRodeo.

Hi, Mike---great to see another tremendous supporter of the sale here! I think I have your email address and so will send you PP info. right now.

Thanks!

Andrew

Last edited:

AFAustin

Gold Member
4) A.G. Russell Cattaraugus CM-10 Bullet Lockback in Brown Jigged Bone is now SOLD.

PP received. Thanks, Mike. I'll get this nice AGR in the mail to you tomorrow with a t/n.

Thanks for helping the pups yet again!

Andrew

AFAustin

Gold Member
6) A.G. Russell Reverse Congress in Red Rucarta is now SOLD.

PP received. Thanks, McKay. I'll get this one wrapped up and on its way to you tomorrow with a t/n.

Thanks for helping the pups again!

Andrew

AFAustin

Gold Member
1) Winchester #W20 19005 Workman Series 1-Blade Trapper in Black Jigged Delrin is SPF to hughd.

Hugh, thanks and I'll email you my PP info.

Andrew

AFAustin

Gold Member
1) Winchester #W20 19005 Workman Series 1-Blade Trapper in Black Jigged Delrin is now SOLD.

PP received. Thanks, Hugh (and thanks for adding a bit extra for the pups)!

I'll get this one in the mail to you tomorrow with a t/n.

Andrew

AFAustin

Gold Member
7) Case Mini Muskrat #PCC 6318 in Dark Purple Jigged Bone is SOLD to BeatonAround.

PP received. Thanks for another purchase, Barbara! I'll get this pretty number in the mail to you tomorrow with a t/n.

Thanks for helping the pups one more time!

Andrew