1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

AFAustin’s 8th Annual "Going to the Dogs" Sale (Part 7)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Traditionals, Slipjoints, "Old Timey"' started by AFAustin, Jul 19, 2020.

1. AFAustin

AFAustin Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 8, 2004
    Welcome to Part 7 of my 8th Annual "Going to the Dogs" Sale.

(Note: Please send any communications via my email address: aforsythe4 [at] austin [dot] rr [dot] com and not via PM. Thanks!)

Part 1, which gives all the background on this benefit sale, is here:
    https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/afaustin’s-8th-annual-“going-to-the-dogs”-sale-dedicated-to-petey-part-1.1732914/
    (All Part 1 knives now sold or withdrawn)

Part 2 is here:
    https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/afaustin’s-8th-annual-“going-to-the-dogs”-sale-part-2-further-reductions.1734148/ (All Part 2 knives now sold, withdrawn, or re-listed)

I put up some Spydercos and CRKTs over in the Modern Folders subforum here:
    https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/spydercos-and-crkt-pilars-benefiting-the-pups-price-drops.1734837/ (Happily all now sold)

Part 3 is here:
    https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/afaustin%E2%80%99s-8th-annual-%E2%80%9Cgoing-to-the-dogs%E2%80%9D-sale-part-3-price-drops.1735306/ (All Part 3 knives now sold or re-listed)

I put up a Buck 500 Duke in the Buck subforum here:
    https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/500-duke-benefiting-the-pups.1736369/ (Also now sold)

Part 4 is here:
    https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/afaustin’s-8th-annual-“going-to-the-dogs”-sale-part-4-price-drops.1736590/ (All Part 4 knives now sold, withdrawn, or re-listed)

Part 5 is here:
    https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/afaustin%E2%80%99s-8th-annual-going-to-the-dogs-sale-part-5-price-drops.1737781/ (All Part 5 knives now sold, withdrawn, or re-listed)

And Part 6 is here:
    https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/afaustin%E2%80%99s-8th-annual-going-to-the-dogs-sale-part-6-price-drops.1739025/ (Some nice ones still available)

Please note that the prices on the remaining knives in Part 6 are all reduced so please take a look at those! (The knives that remained from Parts 1-5 are all either relisted here---with further reduced prices---or else have been withdrawn and are off to ebay where their sale proceeds will likewise be added to the total from this sale.)

Everything is the same as in Part 1, including that 100% of the proceeds will go to the pups, but here in Part 7 I’m offering some relisted knives at reduced (bargain!) prices along with a few new ones.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

8/1/20 Update: It's a wrap! This sale is now officially over and the donations have been made. Part 8 has all the details here: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/afaustin’s-8th-annual-going-to-the-dogs-sale-part-8-donations-made.1742502/

For convenience sake, let me repeat the ground rules:

Details:

Prices include shipping, USPS 1st Class, w/ Delivery Confirmation. PayPal only. I'll cover the PayPal fees, so please list it as a sale of goods, not a gift.

1st unconditional "I'll take it", followed up with prompt payment. I think my PM/Conversations box might fill up pretty quickly, so please e-mail me for payment info. at: aforsythe4 [at] austin [dot] rr [dot] com

Once we have a deal, please post an "I’ll take it" in this sales thread, since that’s required for us both to leave feedback, which I think is important.

By buying these knives you are stating that you are at least 18 years of age, and otherwise in compliance with all applicable laws regarding them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

International Sales Policies:

I like the international character of BF and so I’m usually willing to jump through the extra hoops to do international sales. But as this sale has grown in size and become a good deal more work, I’ve got to place some limits. So, apologies, but it’s U.S.A. only for this sale.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I’m getting close to the end of this sale and the good news is that it looks like I’ve got matching funds lined up at the beneficiary organizations. So I am motivated to get another bunch of knives sold so that the total proceeds will be enough to get the full matches available. I don’t intend to leave a single dollar of match money on the table!

Now without further ado, let’s get on to the next batch of knives!

Thanks for helping the pups!

Andrew

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I’m going to start off with three new-to-the-sale knives.

1) Case Peanut #7220 in Curly Maple. Stainless “as ground” (satin) blades. Very pretty curly maple covers. Sharpened to nice edges and used almost none.

Includes box & paperwork. $42.00 SOLD

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2) Case Tribal Lock #TB612010L in Smooth Antique Bone. Stainless blade. Scored and dimpled bolsters. Solid lock up. The blade was pretty scratched when I bought it so I did a horizontal satinizing which produced pretty good results on the scratches. Sharpened to a nice edge.

Includes box & paperwork. $42.00 SOLD

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3) Beretta Moki R.W. Loveless Zytel Drop Point Hunter. The tang stamp says “Model 200A Seki Japan” and the box has “JK200A02”and “79178”. (This model is a bit longer and has a wider blade than the otherwise similar model you sometimes see, which is labeled“JK205A02”and “79495”.) The knowledgeable gent from whom I bought it indicates that these beautiful fixed blades are made by Moki. And this is confirmed elsewhere:

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...p-of-my-tractor-new-pix.940433/#post-10683568

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...unting-knives-pic-heavy.915215/#post-10375750 (See: bottom of Post #5) (Btw, there are no “sheath extraction” problems with mine.)

The blade steel is AUS 8 and it has a beautiful hollow grind and satin finish. The handle is Zytel with a checkered pattern which provides good grip. The factory grinds are well done and it is sharp out of the box, which is typical of Moki. This knife was purchased new and hasn’t been used, carried, or sharpened.

Overall length is 8 3/8"; blade is 3 13/16"; cutting edge is 3 7/16".

I have no use for fixed blades but I couldn’t resist buying this one just because of the good things I’d heard about it and the desire to see it and handle it up close. I wasn’t disappointed. I will confess to being a huge fan of Moki and own several of their folders.

Here is a YouTube video (not made by me) which shows the knife in action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJAjndrOxvw

Pretty unbelievable value at this price for a beautiful Moki knife.

Includes very nice black leather sheath, box, and Beretta warranty card. $52.00 SOLD

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
  2. AFAustin

Jun 8, 2004
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Next up is a nice relisted Vic (with a further reduced price!) from my good friend and donor in North Carolina.

4) Victorinox Pocket Pal (Red). Appears unused and unsharpened with minor rub marks. Thin and light with 2 excellent blades and feels great in hand. Typical Vic quality and a very handy little knife.

Includes box. $22.00 $19.00 $17.00 SOLD

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Next are 3 relisted beauties (now at truly bargain prices!) from my good friend and donor in Pennsylvania.

5) Case Trapper #6254 CV in Red Jigged Bone. CV (carbon steel) blades. This is the full size (4 1/8" closed) version. Appears new and unused. Beautiful knife and a Case classic.

Includes box and paperwork. $45.00 $39.00 $35.00 SOLD

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6) Case Trapper #6254 SS in Gray Sawcut Bone. Stainless blades. This is the full size (4 1/8" closed) version. Sloped and fluted bolsters. Beautiful gray (with a touch of blue) sawcut bone. Appears new and unused. A very handsome knife.

Includes box and paperwork. $42.00 $39.00 $35.00 SOLD

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7) Case Medium Stockman #6318 SS in Blue Jigged Bone. Stainless blades. 3 5/8” closed. Appears new and unused, with a few blade rubs as you typically get with this pattern. Sleek serpentine shape with pretty blue covers.

Includes box & paperwork. WITHDRAWN

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited: Jul 26, 2020
  3. AFAustin

Jun 8, 2004
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And finally, 3 of my own relisted knives (and yes, these are now at bargain price points!).

8) Case Pen Knife #72042 in Curly Maple. Stainless blades. A hair under 3" closed. Appears unused and unsharpened, with minor blade rubs. Very attractive curly maple covers.

No box. WITHDRAWN

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9) Case Humpback Half Whittler #62046 ½ in Red Jigged Bone. Stainless blades. 3 5/8" closed. Appears new and unused with factory edges, and grinds are well done. Nice swedges on both blades. I like the thin ground main and oversized pen.

No box. $45.00 $39.00 $35.00 SOLD

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10) Case Mini Moose #62032 in Red Sawcut Bone. Stainless blades. 3 5/8" closed. Originally had a small spot on the edge of the clip blade from blade rap (where the blade hits the back spring when closed with enthusiasm), so I inserted a tiny piece of cork in the well under the tang to remedy that. Sharpened to nice edges (which may’ve taken care of the blade rap, but I’ll leave the cork in place to be on the safe side). Minor blade rubs and very lightly used.

When I first got this knife in, I did a little review: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/a-small-moose-is-loose-case-mini-moose-mini-review.1466171/

Includes box & paperwork. WITHDRAWN

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 26, 2020
  4. dsutton24

dsutton24 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 9, 2018
    6) Case Trapper #6254 SS in Gray Sawcut Bone.

You probably figured this would happen... I'll take it.

Money sent.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2020
  5. AFAustin

Jun 8, 2004
    6) Case Trapper #6254 SS in Gray Sawcut Bone is SPF to a great supporter of this sale, dsutton24. (And he knows his trappers!)

David, I'll reply to your email with PP info.

Thanks,

Andrew

6. Ron Sabbagh

Ron Sabbagh Platinum Member Platinum Member

Sep 15, 1999
    I think this is a great thing that you do.

I’ll take the tribal lock and the Beretta

hughd and .577NE like this.
  7. AFAustin

Jun 8, 2004
    2) Case Tribal Lock #TB612010L in Smooth Antique Bone and

3) Beretta Moki R.W. Loveless Zytel Drop Point Hunter

are both SPF to Ron Sabbagh.

Thanks for the kind words, Ron, and please email me for PP info.

Thanks,

Andrew

8. AFAustin

Jun 8, 2004
    6) Case Trapper #6254 SS in Gray Sawcut Bone is now SOLD.

PP received. Thanks, David. I really appreciate all your support of the sale, and I'll have this one en route to you tomorrow with a t/n.

Thanks,

Andrew

9. waverave

waverave Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 7, 2018
    I'll take the curly maple peanut :thumbsup:

rockgolfer likes this.
  10. AFAustin

Jun 8, 2004
    2) Case Tribal Lock #TB612010L in Smooth Antique Bone and

3) Beretta Moki R.W. Loveless Zytel Drop Point Hunter

are both now SOLD.

PP received. Thanks, Ron, and thanks for "rounding up" on your payment---it'll all go the pups!

I'll have these two on their way to you tomorrow with a t/n.

Thanks again,

Andrew

11. AFAustin

Jun 8, 2004
    1) Case Peanut #7220 in Curly Maple is SPF to waverave, who is one of the very biggest supporters of this sale!

Thanks, Darren, and I'll email you my PP info. (if you don't already have it memorized!).

Andrew

12. hornetguy

hornetguy Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2015
    I'd like to have the humpback half whittler, red jigged bone...

payment sent...

13. AFAustin

Jun 8, 2004
    9) Case Humpback Half Whittler #62046 ½ in Red Jigged Bone is SPF.

Hi, Drew---great to see another supporter of the sale stop by! I will email you my PP info. right now.

Thanks,

Andrew

14. AFAustin

Jun 8, 2004
    9) Case Humpback Half Whittler #62046 ½ in Red Jigged Bone is now SOLD.

PayPal received. Thanks, Drew. And thank you for kicking in a little extra for the pups---much appreciated!

I'll get this pretty knife in the mail to you tomorrow with a t/n.

Thanks again,

Andrew

15. AFAustin

Jun 8, 2004
    1) Case Peanut #7220 in Curly Maple is now SOLD.

PP received. Thanks, Darren, and thank you kindly for overpaying---very good of you and every cent will go to the pups!

I'll have this pretty Peanut on its way to you tomorrow with a t/n.

Andrew

16. GordonBombay

GordonBombay Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 19, 2019
    Is number 5 still available? I'll take it if so.

17. AFAustin

Jun 8, 2004
    5) Case Trapper #6254 CV in Red Jigged Bone is SPF to GordonBombay.

Thank you and please please email me (at the email address in my first post) for PP info.

Update: Thanks for your email and I've replied with my PP info.

Andrew

Last edited: Jul 19, 2020
    GordonBombay likes this.
  18. AFAustin

Jun 8, 2004
    5) Case Trapper #6254 CV in Red Jigged Bone is now SOLD.

PP received. Thanks, Tony.

I'll get this on its way to you tomorrow with a tracking no.

Thanks for helping the pups!

Andrew

19. TinyDog

TinyDog

Feb 28, 2015
    I'll take Victorinox Pocket Pal (Red) Great Purpose! Email for PP requested.

20. AFAustin

Jun 8, 2004
    4) Victorinox Pocket Pal (Red) is SPF to TinyDog.

I'm a little late getting to the computer this morning! Thanks for your email and kind words, TinyDog, and I'll reply now with PP info.

Andrew