• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

AFAustin’s 9th Annual “Going to the Dogs” Sale (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFAustin

Gold Member
Welcome to my 9th Annual “Going to the Dogs” sale. I started doing this, well, 9 years ago, as a way of combining two things I dearly love: dogs and pocket knives. You can see last year’s sale here: AFAustin’s 8th Annual “Going to the Dogs” Sale (Dedicated to Petey) (Part 1) | BladeForums.com and it in turn has a link to the previous year’s sale, and so on, all the way back to the first one in December, 2012.

During the past couple of sales, I mentioned that our pack of 4 rescue dogs had dwindled to 3 with the loss of our big shepherd, Boy, and then to 2 when we lost our “Little Big Man”, Petey. Our remaining 2, Mia, our pointer and canine queen, and Chico, our little chihuahua, are hanging in there at 13 and 12 1/2 yoa, respectively, although our dear girl Mia has her share of health problems. But they’re both still enjoying life, so we’re grateful for that.

As before, 100% of the proceeds from the sale will go to worthy organizations which support the pups. I always try to choose organizations which can secure a matching donation commitment, so as to double the total funds going to the cause. For the last few years, the recipients have been the Austin Humane Society and Soi Dog, two great organizations which do so much for our 4-legged friends.

This year the recipients are going to be the Austin Humane Society: Austin Humane Society and the Duo Duo Project: End Yulin Festival | Duo Duo Project I still love Soi Dog, and my wife and I continue to support them and strongly believe in their great people and lifesaving efforts, but I wanted to take this opportunity to highlight Duo Duo’s crucial work and send some funds their way. I‘ve really been impressed with their people, a couple of whom I’ve gotten to know a bit, and their dedication to the mission. And importantly, both organizations have now secured matching donation commitments, so once again, this sale will have double bang-for-the-buck impact!

As I have for the past several years, I’m getting lots of help from some kind and generous folks who love dogs as much as they love knives. These great friends from here on the forum are once again sending me a bunch of quality knives to add to the sale. They have asked to remain anonymous but they know they have my sincere gratitude for their generosity and good hearts.

In addition, I've also received very generous (and unsolicited) cash donations to the sale from esteemed forum member and great dog man pjsjr, and from my long time friend Kirk H., one of the world's premier Bark River collectors. My sincere thanks to both of these fine gentlemen.

I have lots of knives to sell, so as in past years, this sale will have numerous “Parts” which add new knives as we go. So please keep checking back. In addition, this year I’ll also have some nice flashlights (another love of mine) for sale, which I’ll list on the Gadgets & Gear subforum (and I’ll post a link here when I get those up a bit later).

Once the sales are done and the total proceeds are donated, I'll post the acknowledgment letters from the organizations. I should note that before the very first one of these benefit sales, I ran it by our friendly neighborhood supermod and he kindly gave me the green light---thanks again, Mike, and thank you, BladeForums.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

6/22/21 Update: Part 2 of this sale is now open here:
6/26/21 Update: I've also just listed some nice Bucks over in the Bucks Sale subforum:
7/2/21 Update: Part 3 of this sale is now open here: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/afaustins-9th-annual-going-to-the-dogs-sale-part-3.1797590/

7/6/21 Update: I've just listed a couple of nice Spydercos over in the Folding Knives (moderns) subforum: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/spyderco-endura-saber-chaparral-lw-benefitting-the-pups.1798160/

7/11/21 Update: Part 4 of this sale is now open here:
7/17/21 Update: Part 5 of this sale is now open here: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...o-the-dogs-sale-part-5.1800086/#post-20623718

7/21/21 Update: I listed a few more nice Bucks in the Bucks Sale subforum: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/more-nice-bucks-benefitting-the-pups.1800707/#post-20630562

7/25/21 Update: Part 6 of this sale is now open here:
7/29/21 Update: I listed 2 groups of flashlights in the Gadgets & Gear Sale subforum: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...ting-the-pups-all-sold.1802017/#post-20644498

8/1/21 Update: Part 7 of this sale is now open here: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...o-the-dogs-sale-part-7.1802579/#post-20650980

8/7/21 Update: Part 8 of this sale is now open here:
8/16/21 Update: I won't be putting up a new "Part" this week, as this sale is now just about done (with a new record in sales)! I'll be tallying up the numbers, confirming the matching funds, making the donations, getting the letters from the beneficiary organizations, etc. Then I'll put up a final thread with all that information and wrap up the sale. So please stay tuned for that!

8/25/21 Update: It's a wrap! This sale is now officially over and the donations have been made. Part 9 has all the details here:

Details:

Prices include shipping, USPS 1st Class, w/ tracking. PayPal only. I'll cover the PayPal fees, so please list it as a sale of goods, not a gift.

1st unconditional "I'll take it", followed up with prompt payment. My PM/Conversations box tends to fill up quickly, so please e-mail me for payment info. at: aforsythe4 [at] austin [dot] rr [dot] com

Once we have a deal, please post an "I’ll take it" in this sales thread, since that’s required for us both to leave feedback, which I think is important.

By buying these knives you are stating that you are at least 18 years of age, and otherwise in compliance with all applicable laws regarding them.

International Sales Policies:

I like the international character of BF and so I’m usually willing to jump through the extra hoops to do international sales. But as this sale has grown in size and become a good deal more work, I’ve got to place some limits. So, apologies, but it’s U.S.A. only for this sale.

Now that all that’s out of the way, let’s get on to the knives!

Thanks, and thanks for helping the pups!

Andrew

1) GEC Northfield #92 Talon in Che Chen Rosewood. New and unused. 1095 carbon steel blade. Sleek #92 profile and gorgeous rosewood.

Includes tube & wax paper. $200.00 SOLD

W7yKmiTl.jpg

xJRbtdAl.jpg

vDUYBpal.jpg

2) GEC Tidioute #92 Talon in OD Linen Micarta. New and unused. 1095 carbon steel blade. Beautiful wharnie blade with an exquisite needle point.

Includes tube & wax paper. $135.00 SOLD

DKIwpbLl.jpg

UOaxpgml.jpg

EHF6MEgl.jpg

3) A.G. Russell Damascus Lockback in Burl Wood. 3 5/8”closed. Damascus steel blade. Covers are some of the prettiest burl wood I’ve ever seen. Solid lockup. Sharpened to a nice edge and used almost none. Has “1728” engraved on lock bar and printed on box label. A simply gorgeous knife. Made in Japan.

Includes box. $120.00 SOLD

DHorfG6l.jpg

PQRQ9uCl.jpg

w33Gmi6l.jpg

Last edited:
4) Case Copperhead (Wm. Russell Case) in Chestnut Jigged Bone. 3 7/8” closed. Stainless blades with a horizontal satin finish, which I probably did but honestly can’t recall. At any rate, they look nice. Very minor blade scratching and sharpened to nice edges. Master clip is a thin hollow ground and an excellent slicer.

No box. $45.00 $39.00 SOLD

19wUSvnl.jpg

wB2F4e3l.jpg

jokC0udl.jpg

5) Case Mini Copperhead #62109X in Pocket Worn Denim Bone. 3 1/8” closed. Stainless blades. Very pretty bone, scored bolsters, and brass oval shield. 20th anniversary commemoration of the Pocket Worn patterns. New, unsharpened, and unused, with a few blade rubs.

Includes box & paperwork. WITHDRAWN

OxG9g7bl.jpg

9UVDarcl.jpg

VcXzcGal.jpg

6) Browning Small Stockman #2418 F3 in Dark Walnut. 3 1/8" closed. Stainless blades. Pretty dark walnut covers (with some reddish streaks visible in good light). Thin blades which have been sharpened to nice edges—cuts very well. Some minor blade rubs, and some tarnish on master clip blade. The low rise sheepie makes it comfortable in hand. Vintage Japan made knife.

No box. $35.00 $29.00 SOLD

NPOxrrcl.jpg

m1fFYBFl.jpg

p7XOqQfl.jpg

7) Case Teardrop #TB62028 Commemorative in Smooth Olive Green Bone. Stainless blades. Half stops. Sharpened to nice edges and used very little. Has engraving commemorating “1889-2014 125 Case Years”. Beautiful bone on this one.

No box. $45.00 SOLD

94NsrAxl.jpg

mli53Hxl.jpg

gt7LhhUl.jpg

8) Case Teardrop #TB61028 in Burnt Amber Jigged Bone. Stainless blade (This is the single blade model). Half stop. Sharpened to a nice edge and used very little. Thin, lightweight, and comfortable in hand.

Includes box & paperwork. $45.00 SOLD

aq78PYXl.jpg

LnLGKiRl.jpg

im

Last edited:
2) GEC Tidioute #92 Talon in OD Linen Micarta is SPF to fishin1635.

Please email me for PayPal info.

Thanks,

Andrew

3) A.G. Russell Damascus Lockback in Burl Wood

and

1) GEC Northfield #92 Talon in Che Chen Rosewood

are both SPF to Suave.

Thanks,

Andrew

and

are both SPF to Suave.

Thanks,

Andrew
Email sent. Thank you.

2) GEC Tidioute #92 Talon in OD Linen Micarta is now SOLD to fishin1635.

PP received. Thanks, Ralph. I'll have this in the mail to you tomorrow with a tracking no.

Thanks for helping the pups!

Andrew

and

are both now SOLD to Suave.

PP received. Thanks, Suave. These two beauties will be en route to you tomorrow with a tracking no.

Thanks for supporting the pups!

Andrew

Hi, Barbara---great to see such a strong and long time supporter of my sale come by!

7) Case Teardrop #TB62028 Commemorative in Smooth Olive Green Bone

and

8) Case Teardrop #TB61028 in Burnt Amber Jigged Bone

are both SPF to BeatonAround.

You may still have my PP addy but if not please shoot me an email.

Thanks!

Andrew

7) Case Teardrop #TB62028 Commemorative in Smooth Olive Green Bone

and

8) Case Teardrop #TB61028 in Burnt Amber Jigged Bone

are both now SOLD to BeatonAround.

PP received. Thanks, Barbara. I'll get this pair off to you tomorrow with a tracking #.

Thanks for supporting the pups yet again!

Andrew

4) Case Copperhead (Wm. Russell Case) in Chestnut Jigged Bone is SOLD to hornetguy.

PP received. Thanks, Drew, and thanks for kicking in extra for the pups! It's a pleasure to sell again to such a great supporter of the sale.

This one (and the Henckels Stockman from Part 2) will go out to you today if I'm lucky or tomorrow at the latest, with a t/n.

I need one more bit of info. from you and just sent you an email asking for that.

Thanks for helping the pups!

Andrew

Last edited:
#6 Browning looks good pm to you now
Thanks
G2

6) Browning Small Stockman #2418 F3 in Dark Walnut is SPF to Gary W. Graley.

Thanks, Gary, and we'll work out the payment & shipping details via email.

Thanks for supporting the pups!

Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back