• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

AFAustin’s 9th Annual "Going to the Dogs" Sale (Part 9) --- Donations Made!

AFAustin

Gold Member
The 9th Annual “Going to the Dogs” benefit sale is a now a wrap! This was the longest one ever---we started way back on June 20th with Part 1 here: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...sale-part-1-reductions.1795660/#post-20577631 We continued on through Parts 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8, with two additional sale Parts on the Bucks subforum, a Part on the Moderns subforum, and even a Part on Gadgets & Gear to sell a bunch of flashlights. Now we’ve arrived here---the Grand Finale. And this is what it’s all about---making the donations and helping the pups!

I’m happy to report that this has been the most successful sale ever, with 49 knives (and 12 flashlights) sold and $4065.00 in gross fees and contributions (I cover the PayPal fees and shipping costs, so the pups get it all). And we got all the matching funds (and then some---details below)!

Here are the numbers on how this year’s sale compares to the previous 8 years (and apologies for how the numbers are jammed together---the BF software doesn't agree with my spacing attempts):

Annual “Going to the Dogs” Sales:

# Knives Sold Sales Proceeds Match Total Donation

1st year: 4 210 290 500

2nd year: 7* 429 171 600 (* plus sharpening kit)

3rd year: 13 680 20 700

4th year: 26 1037 1037 2074

5th year: 27 1500 1500 3000

6th year: 32 1626 1626 3252

7th year: 41 2500 2000 4500

8th year: 55 3050 3000 6050

9th year: 49* 4065 4400 8465 (* plus 12 flashlights)

Yep, we’ve broken the record---by a lot---and reached a new all time high this year! And the reason is simple: the generosity of the donors. My long time and loyal donors were joined this year by several new donors, and all of them sent me some really beautiful knives to sell. In fact, of the total of 49 knives sold, 30 were from my generous donors. This great group of friends have all asked to remain anonymous, but they know who they are and how much I appreciate them.

And to top it off, a couple of kindhearted and dog loving gents, pjsjr from here on the forum and my good friend Kirk H., sent me generous cash donations.

Finally, I want to thank all the buyers—wouldn’t have been much of a sale without them. Several were repeat or multiple buyers who made an oversized contribution to the total. And then there are the good folks who return year after year to buy knives and support the sale. Finally, many buyers kicked in a little extra---and the pups, of course, will get every cent.

I’m also happy to report that both of the beneficiary organizations, the Austin Humane Society and the Duo Duo Project, came through on their matching funds commitments of $2000 each. In fact, Duo Duo exceeded their goal and obtained a $2400 match. These are two great organizations and you can read more about them here: Austin Humane Society and here: End Yulin Festival | Duo Duo Project

I divided evenly the gross proceeds of $4065.00, so that was $2032.50. for each organization. The $2000.00 match at AHS brought their total up to $4032.50. The $2400.00 match at Duo Duo brought their total up to $4432.50. So that makes a grand total of $8465.00 this sale raised for the pups! I’ve copied below the very gracious acknowledgment letters I received from the recipients.

Thanks again this year to Spark, the mods, and BladeForums for providing the perfect venue and allowing this sale to happen. And thanks again to the great donors and buyers for making the result possible.

Andrew

oXjywRbh.png

5XYX5L3h.png

2rK2Vk0h.png

Congrats on a successful sale Andrew, and congrats to the pups.

You are a rock star, Andrew :thumbsup: Sorry I couldn't be more involved this round but looks like you did quite well!

Well done Andrew! I always look forward to this sale, and it didn't disappoint. Now, on to next year...

Well done Andrew and BF members, truly brings tears to my eyes to think of all the good this does.
Andrew you are one of a kind, to have the dedication you have to put in the time and effort to aid these animals that can not/do not have the life of luxury that Dutch(on the right) and his buddy Cooper have.
Eg5V61a.jpg

Yeah! Andrew you are a legend, I too teared up reading all this, i love dogs so so much, Thank you for all you do my friend.

My friends,

I appreciate your posts and kind words. Your support throughout this sale, and past sales, has really kept me going.

Everyone here on BladeForums cares a lot about knives. But I've learned that a whole bunch of us also care a lot about dogs---and that's a great combination in my book.

Thanks to all,

Andrew

What a gratifying project! I always look forward to “Going to Dogs” Sale! Without a doubt, you have made a lot of puppies/dogs have a better life. Congrats on breaking the record, a lot!
Andrew…You are the BEST!

To be honest, I did not know what this was all about, but now I will look forward to next year. Hope you have a USPS MO pay option, holding the knife until cashed. 2 cents.

Back