AFCK/TSEK - Let's See 'Em & Talk About 'Em

I didn't see any recent threads, so I figured I'd throw it out there for my favorite Benchmade.
Here are some of mine:

806-1101 wearing Ivory:
Ivory-806-2.jpg

User 806BK-901 with blue burlap:
FullSizeRender-1.jpg

805-1101 & Mini 805-1101 (re-ground blade and shortened lineres/scales):
image8.jpeg

image9.jpeg

Custom damascus 806 blade:
IMG_46111.jpg

806-1101 w/blue twill & burl:
806-Twill4.jpg

Custom, Thumb-hole modded TSEK 805-1101 with Eddie Van Halen guitar scales (& paperclip wave):
IMG_5341-Copy.jpg

Same blade, different scales
BM805-1101-2.jpg

806SBK-901 w/red micarta:
IMG_5193.jpg

806BK-901 (Sterile/No L.E. #) with CF & Burl:
IMG_5176.jpg

Mini-AFCK with Burl (Ivory Medallion):
IMG_4873-001-Copy.jpg

Various:
IMG_4687.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4873-001-Copy.jpg
    IMG_4873-001-Copy.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
omg, those are awesome!
I still have a really old one, not axis lock, but I'd love to see these again, especially in M4!

Fantastic collection you have there!

The AFCK was my first BM knife. The original and it's variants remain my favorite to this day.

I've had several but some have gone on to new homes. The classic 800 liner lock is my personal favorite which is strange because I generally prefer the axis lock and thumb studs on most knives.

SAM_2648.jpg

SAM_3046.jpg

SAM_2612.jpg

SAM_2518.jpg

SAM_2526.jpg

SAM_1871.jpg

SAM_1870.jpg

SAM_0561.jpg

SAM_0091.jpg

SAM_1275.jpg

SAM_1628.jpg

It's about time for Benchmade to cook up another rendition of one of these models.

My Original 800S AFCK:
hRLMiqm.jpg

WOFsqus.jpg

800 AFCK:
O3by2yM.jpg

B2KOUCC.jpg

804BT II AFCK:
B5LGhK1.jpg

CssoOcI.jpg

806-901 AFCK LE:
KdoJTcr.jpg

oDvJOvH.jpg

The last entry, the 800, is among my best slicing tools in the kitchen department. These are some of the most memorable offerings ever offered by Benchmade.

some nice collections, gents. that cf/burl is over the top, sre. :cool:

my modest collection...

some nice collections, gents. that cf/burl is over the top, sre. :cool:

I agree, tons of beauties to look at in this thread. That cf/burl does look amazing, as well as Keymans snakeskin/dragons eye knives. What exactly do you call that pattern on the white and gold ones Keyman?

I only have 2 and I've owned them for a long time. I used the mini for EDC but haven't carried the full size version.

DSC_6655b.jpg

I've just picked up my first TSEK and AFCK in the last few weeks. I was only vaguely familiar with those models, but their old-school design checks a lot boxes for me. Long slender blades and longer handles, the gentle arc of the opened knife presenting the cutting edge to the work, and classic, utilitarian Benchmade styling with G10, flush, drilled liners, and, for these two anyway, the awesome AXIS lock. The 710/705 is an old-school favorite pairing for me and now I have these in that column, too.

The TSEK came first and is the one in Corey's second pic in his post above. He very kindly offered it for sale to me and I was glad to be able to get it. The blade was re-ground and polished by an earlier owner and the liner jimping has been cut through into the G10. I've looked at a lot of pics and haven't seen that feature on another TSEK. The 440C blade has a wicked keen edge on it and is complimented by a polished split-arrow clip.

I just received the AFCK yesterday in a private deal with a gentleman from the other coast. The knife shows very little wear and is just what I wanted in my first AFCK. It's been in a safe for a long time, appears to have been carried more than used earlier, and still has its toothy, factory, BM edge. There's a black-oxide split arrow in the mail from Benchmade to replace the painted clip it came with.

I've come late to these knives after admiring them from a distance. I don't expect they'll be the last of their ilk that I'll be looking to own.

gtPledx.jpg

vyVAww9.jpg

Last edited:
Have you picked a favorite yet Steve? It would be a tough choice for me between the 2 axis models. I think I liked the round hole on the 806-1101 better than the oval hole on the 806D2, but even that's still a close race.

Have you picked a favorite yet Steve? It would be a tough choice for me between the 2 axis models. I think I liked the round hole on the 806-1101 better than the oval hole on the 806D2, but even that's still a close race.

It is a tough choice, Corey. I think I like the look of the 806D2 better, but the action on that TSEK is amazing. The oval hole is kinda cool, but I've heard the round hole opens much better, as in you can get a better bite with your thumb to deliver more opening force. Honestly, though, I don't think my 806 is even broken in yet. It seems it's hardly seen any use and coated blades take longer for the action to loosen and smooth out. I'd like to get an -1101, but the prices I've seen lately are stupidly high. I'm also looking around for an 800, but most of those I've seen are partially serrated.

Edit: BTW, Corey, I put a couple Grips up on the old Pics of Pairs thread and have a couple more to post when I get some better pics. Any of y'all here with pics of large and small pairs of TSEKs or AFCKs can post 'em over there, too.

Last edited:
I think I posted my AFCKs and TSEKs there a while back, I'll have to run back through that thread and see what I left out. I do have some new toys that I'm sure I can make some more pairs with :)

Back