Aftermarket hardware for ZT 0850

Seems the only hardware available for this model are screws. Anyone hear of aftermarket backspacers or thumb studs yet? Anyone know if aftermarket standoff’s from a different ZT will work on the 0850? Seems there is demand...

Reactions: Mo2
I think the problem is that people who like the original hardware just got one and the people who would buy one with different hardware aren't getting it until AFTER custom hardware is available so the demand for custom stuff is too low to be viable. If there was custom hardware I would very likely get one.

I think the problem is that people who like the original hardware just got one and the people who would buy one with different hardware aren't getting it until AFTER custom hardware is available so the demand for custom stuff is too low to be viable. If there was custom hardware I would very likely get one.

On the flip side, you could use the “if you build it they will come” mentality. If there is nothing else out there and there is demand then there is a market.

Anyone have a ZT 0850 that can measure the width between the scales? Maybe compare it to another knife you have? Then we can test backspacers for fitment.

Anyone have a ZT 0850 that can measure the width between the scales? Maybe compare it to another knife you have? Then we can test backspacers for fitment.

It's about 5/16" from scale to scale. The problem you're going to run into is that it is cylindrical at the butt of the knife but tapers toward the pivot.

It's about 5/16" from scale to scale. The problem you're going to run into is that it is cylindrical at the butt of the knife but tapers toward the pivot.

Feasably could the standoffs be modified to fit snug? Like cut the base of the standoffs to match the sculpted cf?
2duf7md.png

If anyone knows of aftermarket thumbstud, backspacer and pivot screws id be highly interested.. If they looked good. So annoyed at the way they released this knife. I like the knife but can't get over the design of those things and the pricing was overpriced.

A guy on ig has been making timascus clips for it. But that doesn't interest me as much as replacing the rest of the hardware..

Thumb stud needs to be functional too.

If anyone knows of aftermarket thumbstud, backspacer and pivot screws id be highly interested.. If they looked good.

I've chatted with Eric from Shepard custom concealment and a gentleman from Suingab custom scales and they are both eager (both are found under the custom builder section of the forum).They need the knife for it to be possible and i live in Canada and will probably not get the knife back if i have to send it to the states. I have to wait until they buy the knife or someone sends them their knife. So on the bright side it can be done, but I won't be able to assist in the process.

I really like the 850, and I don't really mind the hardware. I like wheelguns;)

However, if it helps out the forum, I don't mind sending them my 850 to experiment with. No big deal.

I really like the 850, and I don't really mind the hardware. I like wheelguns;)

However, if it helps out the forum, I don't mind sending them my 850 to experiment with. No big deal.

Yessir I too am firearms enthusiast! I find that the back spacer is for a tube mag on a lever action and the knife has a revolver theme. The backspacer is too much for my taste.
If you send yours in you'd be the hero of many 0850 owners. I know I'd be the first in line to buy a backspacer and thumb stud if we are going crazy. I have done research believe me and there are no after market accessories besides screw sets, so there is a demand and business waiting for the custom maker.
dpxojm.jpg

Yessir I too am firearms enthusiast! I find that the back spacer is for a tube mag on a lever action and the knife has a revolver theme. The backspacer is too much for my taste.
If you send yours in you'd be the hero of many 0850 owners. I know I'd be the first in line to buy a backspacer and thumb stud if we are going crazy. I have done research believe me and there are no after market accessories besides screw sets, so there is a demand and business waiting for the custom maker.

Do you have any contact info for those guys? I'd be more than happy to reach out to them.

Do you have any contact info for those guys? I'd be more than happy to reach out to them.

- This is for Eric at Shepard Custom Concealment: shepardcustomconcealment at yahoo dot com
- This is for the gentleman at Suingab: Suingab at gmail dot com

You sir are THE man!

Glad I'm not the only one that doesn't like the thumb stud on the 0850. I do, however, love the backspacer.

Well hopefully we can get something a little nicer. Maybe just a simple CF thumb stud and a nice deep blue or all black CF backspacer. I'm getting stoked.

- This is for Eric at Shepard Custom Concealment: shepardcustomconcealment at yahoo dot com
- This is for the gentleman at Suingab: Suingab at gmail dot com

You sir are THE man!
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/shepardcc-scam.1502946/

I'll never send mine to him.

Is Suingab in America? Cause I could have sworn when I ordered my scales they were sent from somewhere in Europe. I trust him more though. Shipping didn't take too long.

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/shepardcc-scam.1502946/

I'll never send mine to him.

Is Suingab in America? Cause I could have sworn when I ordered my scales they were sent from somewhere in Europe. I trust him more though. Shipping didn't take too long.

Thanks for the heads up.
I'm all for helping out folks that want a new hardware option for a knife. I don't mind sending it in for a craftsman to get down eyeball to eyeball with it.

However, the 850 is the most expensive folder that I own. Also, I'm totally fine with the hardware as is, so I don't want to risk my knife with a shifty character over an upgrade i wont be purchasing.

If there are any reputable craftsmen in the CONUS who want to take a crack at doing something with the 850, I'll gladly loan mine out.

Thanks for the heads up.
I'm all for helping out folks that want a new hardware option for a knife. I don't mind sending it in for a craftsman to get down eyeball to eyeball with it.

However, the 850 is the most expensive folder that I own. Also, I'm totally fine with the hardware as is, so I don't want to risk my knife with a shifty character over an upgrade i wont be purchasing.

If there are any reputable craftsmen in the CONUS who want to take a crack at doing something with the 850, I'll gladly loan mine out.

I'll do some digging and email a few more folks on the custom builders page.

I've chatted with Eric from Shepard custom concealment and a gentleman from Suingab custom scales and they are both eager (both are found under the custom builder section of the forum).They need the knife for it to be possible and i live in Canada and will probably not get the knife back if i have to send it to the states. I have to wait until they buy the knife or someone sends them their knife. So on the bright side it can be done, but I won't be able to assist in the process.

Take the knife apart and send it without the blade. That is the solution I have come up with since I also live in Canada.

Reactions: Mo2
You might try contacting MXG Gear. I can't post a link as they're not a supporting member. They carry hardware screws for the 0850 and might be able to help or at least offer info. They're in USA and have had good service the couple of times I've dealt with them.

Back