Aftermarket hardware for ZT 0850

You might try contacting MXG Gear. I can't post a link as they're not a supporting member. They carry hardware screws for the 0850 and might be able to help or at least offer info. They're in USA and have had good service the couple of times I've dealt with them.

I have contacted them and they said there is no timeline. I even asked if they have standoff’s from another knife, but no dice.

Well we have hit a snag. Every custom maker I have contacted seems interested and it's on their radar, but they either need the knife (no go for over seas), or they will release something when they get around to it.
Looks like we hurry up and wait. Anyone else have ideas or know customs scale makers? If we show interest they will have to do something.

Shucks, guess I'll just have to settle for ti screws for now lol.

EXWNxjI.jpg

Well we have hit a snag. Every custom maker I have contacted seems interested and it's on their radar, but they either need the knife (no go for over seas), or they will release something when they get around to it.
Looks like we hurry up and wait. Anyone else have ideas or know customs scale makers? If we show interest they will have to do something.

I can ask my ZT Dealer about the backspacers, he does knife customizing as well, but I don't know if he owns a personal 0850, and disassembling one from the inventory isn't something he'd understandably do. Although I wouldn't get my hopes up since he's a one man operation. I could shoot him at least an email and ask him about it though.

I can ask my ZT Dealer about the backspacers, he does knife customizing as well, but I don't know if he owns a personal 0850, and disassembling one from the inventory isn't something he'd understandably do. Although I wouldn't get my hopes up since he's a one man operation. I could shoot him at least an email and ask him about it though.

Hey keep the drive alive man! Appreciated!

Let's start by coming up with what materials we would want for the back spacer and thumb studd.

I was thinking carbon fiber thumbstud in the same location but with a slice and jimping like the Kershaw Blur thumb stud. Thoughs? Tbo could be any material as long as it's functional and I can still middle finger flick it.

So the thumb side like this and the back side just a standard round stud with chamfered edge. About the Same size as the stud already on the 0850

photo-13.jpg

For the back spacer I want to avoid aluminum completely. Cf, g10, titanium. Would it be too light in the back if it were not ti? Any thoughts on the way it should look?

Would barrel spacers be a better idea? Big beefy heavy ones?

For the pivot it would be great to see a pivot collar with a normal pivot screw with t8 torx. But anything will really do. Metal or ti doesn't matter to me.

Last edited:
Steel or Titanium for both. I wouldn't trust CF as a thumbstud long term.

Reactions: Mo2
I'm good with any materials really.
Just a nice simple backspacer, maybe with recessed jimping, reminiscent to the kind found on the Techno.

Are there any makers on the forum that reside in the usa that work in titanium that could do this? I'd be willing to send my 0850.
It would seem most of the scale makers work in other materials.

Mxg gear is busy and it appears suingab works only in g10/cf etc (from what his page says).

Are there any makers on the forum that reside in the usa that work in titanium that could do this? I'd be willing to send my 0850.
It would seem most of the scale makers work in other materials.

Mxg gear is busy and it appears suingab works only in g10/cf etc (from what his page says).

I just sent an email to a guy (Midnight Sun Industries) located in Alaska that does custom Ti according to his bladeforum thread and website.
Also have been in contact on Bladeforum with a guy from Rogue Blade Works and he seems intrigued, but it is a complicated little piece that 0850 backspacer.
I provided a link to this thread for the both of them. Hopefully they see the interest and potential sales being the first to offer these parts for the 0850.

I wouldn't even need anything complicated. Honestly I'd prefer something plain and sterile. The revolver 6 hole pattern repeated all over the knife just completely kills the entire look of the knife for me, which is too bad, because I really like it otherwise.

I wouldn't even need anything complicated. Honestly I'd prefer something plain and sterile. The revolver 6 hole pattern repeated all over the knife just completely kills the entire look of the knife for me, which is too bad, because I really like it otherwise.
Me too the simpler the better. Let the blade grinds speak for themselves.

I kinda forgot to reply here. But I got a thumbs down, isn't cost effective, he hasn't sold enough of them and making custom backspacers/hardware would just be too labor/time intensive, he has the knife business and pimping on the side so adding something like that to his plate is a no go.
Another alternative could be Cuscadi although I suspect they give a similar reply, although I think the prototyping is gonna be tricky and time consuming, and there isn't all that much talk about the 0850, so everybody who likes it as is, bought one, and has no reason to buy different hardware. Perhaps somebody could talk to @BOOMER52 about it as well? He makes scales and backspacers, so he might be able to say a bit more about it.

So now that the ZT 0850 is on a pretty big sale, any new interest in this topic?

Back