• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Recommendation? AG Cutlery Opinions

AG Cutlery not AG Russell Has anyone else had a bad situation with this Pakistan Co. ?
Opinions, reviews, gripes, or accolades (ha)
Imgur has tech difficulties I will post pics when I can.

Ywkhyep.gif

Sorry to break it to you, but nobody here is surprised that you got a disappointing knife. Knives from Pakistan have a worse than poor reputation for craftsmanship, quality of materials, and accurate representation. We may joke that the steel in these blades are made from soup cans, rebar, car bodies, and destroyed Soviet shitbox tanks, but the truth is that nobody but them know what's really used, except that it's low quality, soft (or too brittle), badly heat treated, and just plain bad. It could very well be the random scrap metal from sources we joke about.

Chalk this up to a lesson learned (take solace that you're not the only one here to have learned it), and now that you're a member here, do some research and ask questions before your next purchase so you can buy a knife that you won't be disappointed in.

AG Cutlery not AG Russell Has anyone else had a bad situation with this Pakistan Co. ?
Opinions, reviews, gripes, or accolades (ha)
Imgur has tech difficulties I will post pics when I can.
Never heard of them. Even when I was a novice, I didn’t have any interest in the lower end knives but if your satisfied with the knife then our opinions don’t matter

Sorry to break it to you, but nobody here is surprised that you got a disappointing knife. Knives from Pakistan have a worse than poor reputation for craftsmanship, quality of materials, and accurate representation. We may joke that the steel in these blades are made from soup cans, rebar, car bodies, and destroyed Soviet shitbox tanks, but the truth is that nobody but them know what's really used, except that it's low quality, soft (or too brittle), badly heat treated, and just plain bad. It could very well be the random scrap metal from sources we joke about.

Chalk this up to a lesson learned (take solace that you're not the only one here to have learned it), and now that you're a member here, do some research and ask questions before your next purchase so you can buy a knife that you won't be disappointed in.
OK Thanks

Back