AG Russell 1ofakind naming ceremomy!!

Well folks my AG Russell exclusive one of a kind arrived today. since she is one of a kind and there is no name for her...this knife has been referred to by others since it's posted pics by the boss in the "sneek peek AG Russell" thread as "SFNO Variant" and "SOW Variant"

Well since she is one of a kind... and all mine.... and futhermore nameless! I get to name her :p

I know "SOW" is a dirty word around here...don't know why:confused: it is a SFNO variant. AND SOW stands for "Santa's outlaw wicked" which was dubbed on those christmas beauties with satin and cherry red g10 handles. Which i always though were really nice...but are now are treated as some sort of pariah round here:confused::confused:

We continue to call any SFNO variant that is shaped like this SFNO variant a "SOW".......well if it doesn't have a cherry red g10 handle...how can it be a "SOW":confused: "S" stands for SANTA lol so if it's not a cherry red handle why are we using the santa part of the abbreviation?? it can be a "OW" "outlaw wicked" but i digress

Sooooo...sticking with accepted busse language on the "SOW" (even though it's wrong)

I will enbrace the "SOW" heritage in my new knife's name...but this is a Hybrid version with harpoon tip...and a fighter at that (see the skull crusher on the end of the handle)

without further adieu.....I give you the SO"WTF" (SOW TERROR FIGHTER)
attachment.php

showthread.php

Attachments

• SOWTF 002.jpg
    SOWTF 002.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 286
  • SOWTF 005.jpg
    SOWTF 005.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 487
  • SOWTF 011.jpg
    SOWTF 011.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 563
Last edited:
That is a beautiful knife man!!!!
Congrats on the score!!!
I love the name as well, SOWTF!!!!
Again, 'grats, it's AWESOME!!!

i was trying to be clever with the name... think.... So "wtf" :rolleyes::thumbup:

I get to name her since she is nameless....I can only be trumped by the "BIG" boss man...or Garth...or maybe AMY-O since she is a sweetie (plus word around the campfire is "she ROCKS"!!)

Last edited:
Jaxx's one of a kind is my knife's evil brother...the batman version of my knife, I like to call his the "BS"o"Wtf"..or Batman SOW terror fighter;)

Busse-The_Dark_Knife-2c_LG.jpg

it's damn cool as mine!! but evil!! :p

Nice knife, you are getting better with he pictures. Congrats on the score!

Hard to name a knife, ain't it? ;)

I was going to name the proto "Night Stalker" after the nickname of the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment (160th SOAR), whose mottos are "Night Stalkers Don't Quit" and "Death Waits In The Dark", if I have my facts straight. They provide air support for US Spec Ops Forces... But I believe that several knives by several companies/makers have already used this name.

I believe that "Black Hawk" and "Night Hawk" have been used as well...

So I jokingly refer to it as "The Dark Knife"

[youtube]iXBYTh0NVik[/youtube]

You'll come up with something, I'm sure! :D

Hard to name a knife, ain't it? ;)

I was going to name the proto "Night Stalker" after the nickname of the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment (160th SOAR), whose mottos are "Night Stalkers Don't Quit" and "Death Waits In The Dark", if I have my facts straight. They provide air support for US Spec Ops Forces... But I believe that several knives by several companies/makers have already used this name.

I believe that "Black Hawk" and "Night Hawk" have been used as well...

So I jokingly refer to it as "The Dark Knife"

You'll come up with something, I'm sure! :D

alex the "dark knife" is one of a kind and all yours...so you can name it anything you want!! the dark knife it is...i was figuring with your good sense of humor you'd get a kick out of the name i dubbed yours ;):thumbup:

Last edited:
alex the "dark knife" is one of a kind and all yours...so you can name it anything you want!! the dark knife it is...i was figuring with your good sense od humor you'd get a kick out of the name i dubbed yours ;):thumbup:

Just saw that, LOL! :D

Ya know...while we're on the humor side of this... ;) ...Yours kinda looks like what Robin would carry. Let's call it "The Knife Wonder", LOL :D:D:D

Just saw that, LOL! :D

Ya know...while we're on the humor side of this... ;) ...Yours kinda looks like what Robin would carry. Let's call it "The Knife Wonder", LOL :D:D:D

good one....actually too tough of a knife for Robin. He would get stuck carrying one of those rescue safety knives with the blunt tip to cut seatbelts only lol ..but i bet poison ivy would carry mine lol it matches her hair! :thumbup::D

I love redheads..and i love bad girls!! poison ivy = both!! :D
I love it, the knife will be the SO"WTF" aka poison ivy

Last edited:
Very nice and giving a knife a name is worse than naming a pet.

Although I was trying to find a decent name for the knife model since I landed the prototype of an as-of-yet unnamed Busse knife, I decided to leave that in the capable hands of Busse Combat...it's their model and they will find a worthy name... As for the rest, I think that you took us both a little too seriously, but thanxx for playing... :p

And I take it that you have no pets? :confused:

Nice knife J, She really is awesome congrats. Your building one heck of an Sfno collection. I really like that harpoon tip on that one too. :thumbup::cool:

Cool knife. Great kname.

I hear Jerry made a set of 3 extra-fat Santa's SFNO's that year. .33, IIRC. Dick Buttons got all of em.

Yep, they were named the Triple SOW-COW. (Salchow)

I'm embarrassed I can get that joke. LOL

Well, my friend, she is one beautiful score! :thumbup:

As to naming her...well...that's always a kind of personal decision. It has to mean something to you just as she does. My congratulations on that extraordinary SFNO!

Although I was trying to find a decent name for the knife model since I landed the prototype of an as-of-yet unnamed Busse knife, I decided to leave that in the capable hands of Busse Combat...it's their model and they will find a worthy name... As for the rest, I think that you took us both a little too seriously, but thanxx for playing... :p

And I take it that you have no pets? :confused:

Nawww.....sumo knew we were funning :thumbup:

Nice knife J, She really is awesome congrats. Your building one heck of an Sfno collection. I really like that harpoon tip on that one too. :thumbup::cool:
thanks Doug...your tip nailed my latest beauty....that hasn't arrived yet..but will be a ''''sweeeet addition"

Dennis!! you are a funny guy!!:thumbup::p

thank you miss AZshaman :)

Last edited:
No problem glad i could help out. ;) But don't you ever sleep?:eek: I did'nt sleep very well last night myself maybe 4 hours.

Back