Ah, Crap!

Bigfattyt

Gold Member
So, I went into work yesterday. My boss said "Bad News, have to lay you off"

I am an attorney.

Talk about a Bummer. I have been there for over a year.

Would not be so bad, if I did not owe 180k in student loans. I also had my truck die a few months ago and bought a used Nissan Xterra which, of course is not paid for at all.

This is my first time ever in life being laid off. The only jobs I have left has been from moving, and of my own choice.

Oh, and I have a wife and one kid (with another due in February).

Any one looking for a Defense attorney, or a prosecutor?

Give me a shout out if so.

I may have to list some infi soon (only have 4 pieces, but I could pay the car payment for several months if it came to that).

Thanks for your time.

Sorry to hear that man. I just had to lay off one of my employees last week. He's a good friend and it was hard but I had no choice.

I sure hope things change soon or many more, myself included will be looking for a new job.

But wait wasn't all that supposed to get fixed Jan 20th . . .

Stay positive!! things happen for a reason, something good will turn up!

Good Luck:):)

I always thought lawyers would never get "Layed Off"...

man that just stinks:(:(

Aw man, sorry to hear that... horrible timing too. Similar thing happened to me following 9/11. I took a "meanwhile" job that payed much less and, quite honestly, completely sucked... but I held it for a year and a half because I had to.

It's given me much more appreciation for my current job...

Good luck!

Sorry to hear that, but welcome to the club, where I'm not just a member, I'm the president.
I just had a friend tell me today that the recession is over, yea ok.

The only good thing about being laid off is qualifying for unemployment benefits. Granted it isn't much, but it is better than nothing.

Best of luck on your search for a new place of enployment. Hopefully you will find something better in the very near future.

Best regards, Les.

Sorry to hear about that. This will not mean much but I know many of my family members, including myself, would not have the success and happiness they do now without being laid off once upon a time. I try to stay optimistic no matter how crappy the news gets. Good luck!

Sorry to hear that...there's almost always good work/cheap livin to be found in Texas. Gets hot as F%ck down here, though.

Sorry to hear that...there's almost always good work/cheap livin to be found in Texas. Gets hot as F%ck down here, though.

funny you should say that, my cousin is actually taking the Texas bar, for just that reason. No other connection to the area for him.

Thanks for the well wishes.

The local county prosecutors office is actually laying off 9 of their employees, all of which are my friends as well. They can handle upwards of 2000 criminal cases each per year. That makes 18,000 cases, with no one to handle them.

You could join the Army! You would would not be the first Lawyer that joined nor the last!

RickJ

Sue his azz! :eek:

...But seriously, I'm sorry to hear the news. That suxx. :thumbdn:

Have you looked around Philly, Pa.? Crime seems to be booming around here lately, and where there's crime... Well, maybe they could use another good PA in a nearby city/county to get these buttheads convicted and off the streets.

I hope that things turn around for the better regarding your situation, and quick! Take care, man.

You could join the Army! You would would not be the first Lawyer that joined nor the last!

RickJ

Ha! My cousin did the military route, they paid for his Lawschool mostly. But he went the other route first. He actually did his time in the sandbox first, then started lawschool after.

Unfortunately, the Army, Navy, Marines are not looking for middle aged fatties right now. I could have done it 10 years ago, but that was 100 pounds ago too!

My last couple of friends that were looking into that, said that there were so many applicants, that they were no longer even paying for tuition or loans etc.

Sue his azz! :eek:

...But seriously, I'm sorry to hear the news. That suxx. :thumbdn:

Have you looked around Philly, Pa.? Crime seems to be booming around here lately, and where there's crime... Well, maybe they could use another good PA in a nearby city/county to get these buttheads convicted and off the streets.

I hope that things turn around for the better regarding your situation, and quick! Take care, man.

Right now I am limited to WA. Only certain states honor each other's Bar's, and those that do, require that you either have 5 years experience in the state where you are Barred, or you have to take their bar exam, and I can tell you, I have no intentions of taking another bar exam if I can ever avoid it.

I am actually on the defense side right now, but worked as a prosecutor initially. I would rather be on the Prosecution side most times.

That sucks dude. My company is half the size it was a year ago and the rest of us are just kind of holding on. good luck to ya.

are you in DC or in WA state? If in the state, you could look at the AG's office. I have seen a couple of postings for positions, although mostly in Olympia or the boonies. Pay sucks, but at least they're hiring.

Back