Air-SOG authentic?

Bought an Air SOG on Ebay. Has Seki Japan on the blade and has a hole for the lanyard. Missing the blade jimping and the pocket clip.
Did SOG produce the Air SOG version like this one? What year the Air Sogs were manufactured?

The Air SOG was made in the 1990s. They came in a plain edged and a serrated edge version.
No Air SOGs had clips, they came with a small nylon belt pouch. The thumbstud seems to be either
metal color or black depending on the knife. I am not aware of any Air SOGs
having any jimping. Mine does not have any.

Hello, Andres:

"What year the Air Sogs were manufactured?"

Air SOG appeared during the 1990's when SOG Knives was located [or had a mailing address] in Edmonds, Washington.

"Did SOG produce the Air SOG version like this one?"

A photo of your knife would help others members to identify it.

Does your knife have a plastic or metal thumb stud?

Regards,
d-1

My Airsog has a black plastic thumb stud, nylon pouch, no jimping, and smooth edge, Seki Japan on blade. I have owned it for what seems like 20 years or maybe more. Seen one about a month ago on the bay, it was $60 BIN and looked just like mine.

I saw a nutnfancy 45 minute youtube video interview with Spencer Frazer of SOG. The interviewer showed mr Frazer his personal Air SOG which had both the jimping and the pocket clip. I wonder whether he had attached the clip himself?

I think he probably had it customized. I just opened the safe to double check my Airsog, no jimping and I never seen one clipped. It is a small knife that lends itself well to pock carry, no real want or need for a clip.

I saw a nutnfancy 45 minute youtube video interview with Spencer Frazer of SOG. The interviewer showed mr Frazer his personal Air SOG which had both the jimping and the pocket clip. I wonder whether he had attached the clip himself?

He says that he "added the clip himself" in the video. He probably added the jimping too.

This one I carried everyday for years.

IMG_0665_zpsqavvo2oq.jpg
IMG_0666_zpsqbmg1kkq.jpg

Hi Defiant-1,
Thank for the info. Looks like I do have the real thing in my posession. I wanted to post the image, but I have to admit being a cluts. My traditional copy-paste method from the desktop does not work. What is the trick?

Andres

The trick to posting a photo is to upload your photo to a free image storage site. I use photobucket, but there are others.
In photobucket when you are looking at the photo there are functions to the right- one of them is "direct".
This allows you to copy the url for your photo.

Then when you post here in BF, click on the 3rd icon from the right up above. It will say "from computer" or from url".
Choose url and paste the url from your photobucket picture into the field.
Uncheck the "retrieve the remote file and reference locally" box.
Post your message and the photo will be in there.

This is my AirSog. I just loaded the photo while writing this.

DSC_0803-2_zpsfklq22g7.jpg

Yes I am looking forward to seeing your photo. I have never seen an early version.

Very interesting. Apart from the thumbstud, I seem to see a slight recurve. Or is it just me?

24q4snl.jpg (37 KB)
You mean the cutting side of the blade is not completely straight line? You are correct but I do not know what to make of it.

Well I looked around but couldn't find anything that would tell me if your AirSOG came that way with the slight recurve, was made that way afterwards by an owner, or if it was
just a individual factory fluke. But it looks nice enough that I wouldn't worry about it. Enjoy it!

Back