Alaska Carry

EMCEE

Platinum Member
My beautiful wifey and I are going to Anchorage, Alaska in 4 days. We’ll be adventuring with our youngest son who is stationed up there. My question is, which 2 CPKs should I bring?

I already have firearms and gear lined up for the trip. The knife option though, is not yet decided. I plan to spend a few daytimes “ back country” but no camping or hunting on this trip unless fate makes it so.

Of course, we always pack and plan for worst case scenarios so I’m keeping that in mind. Any advice or opinions will be welcomed and appreciated CPK family. Thank you.

I know that you have amassed a pretty nice bevy of CPKs in a short while but you've got to tell us which ones you own and considering already for making some suggestions. Shot in the dark? an LC and an EDC / DEK variants.

Without specific uses outlined .... I would probably carry the HDFK and one of the EDC or DEK variations. If you're going deep into the woods away from civilization I might carry a chopper on my pack (the MC would be my choice) and either an FK or DEK variation of some sort.

Awesome recommendations, so far. I have all of those options minus the LC. We’ll just be hiking and exploring on this trip. That said, with bad luck….leisure activities sometimes turn into survival situations. Thank you all for responding.

Micheal enjoy your trip and be safe as to what blades, I’d go with your Dek3 and Hdfk. With your 10mm and bear spray I think your covered.
Martin, you of all my friends may know that I no longer have a HDFK and do not yet own a DEK 3. If so, then this is one of the wittiest posts I’ve read. I love it !!! Thank you Big Woody !!! 🤣🤣🤣

Back