Alaskan Guide Buck Knives!

Mr. Tettnanger

Gold Member
I’ve had an itch for one of these models for a few years. I figure I better get one before they disappear!

I’m not partial to any one in particular. I’m thinking either the 110 or the Vanguard.

Any opinions as to which model to get? What has been your experience with these?

Thanks!

*edit- looks like I may be out of luck on the Vanguard. And the 110 is “limited stock”

The correct answer is both...
Buck's BOS S30V is very good and the Titanium nitride coating is durable. I was just on their site and the 192 says 'in stock'
003.JPG

Yes both! I have both the 110 and 192 and they are fantastic knives. Which ever you decide you won’t be disappointed and if you get one it won’t be long till you get the other. Lol.

I agree with the rest of the gang,buy both of them,you won't be disappointed in either one,and if you just buy one the other one will haunt you until you end up with it,been the done it

If the 110 is "limited stock" I would strongly advise you to get one before they are "out of stock" and you have to find one on the secondary market at inflated prices.

I've never felt "under knifed" with "only" a 110 and a stockman or other slipjoint for knives on me when out in the boonies or sticks.
(Generally speaking, I usually have a axe and at least an inexpensive bow saw with me, too. I don't use a knife for felling a tree, or for chopping or splitting firewood.
I was learned "The Proper Tool For The Job" way back in the Boy Scouts and before.)

Last edited:
Is BPS/Cabelas discontinuing the AGS line?
IDK for sure, but, when I was last in the Cabela's in Lonetree, CO, they had very few AG knives in the show case. In the past they have had the complete line. The way Bass Pro is changing this store's customer service is disappointing. You can not get knowledgeable help and the wait to check out...better pack a lunch!
DSC_0020.JPG

In the "race to the bottom" quality is sacrificed for price.
In a way I hate these huge stores for that reason.

But the public loves it.

Companies luck Buck are becoming rare.
That's why it always bugs me when people complain about the quality of inexpensive items.

IDK for sure, but, when I was last in the Cabela's in Lonetree, CO, they had very few AG knives in the show case. In the past they have had the complete line. The way Bass Pro is changing this store's customer service is disappointing. You can not get knowledgeable help and the wait to check out...better pack a lunch!
DSC_0020.JPG
When was the last time you were there? Did they have a decent selection of regular ole' Buck knives in stock? I live over in Parker, and the Lone Tree store is the Cabelas is where I typically go - although I haven't been there in awhile.

Last edited:
Back