Albers Cutlery Company

Mine came in today! I’ll post pictures up later. :)

Where you been?:D And from all reports and seeing what some knives are going for i think they are exceptionally priced.:thumbsup::).

If we’re being honest, maybe a little too exceptionally priced... I can’t think of a single other traditional out there that offers this kind of value.

Maybe the modern traditional offerings coming out of Italy as far as fit and finish and materials go, but they aren’t handcrafted like these beauties.

I lucked out and was able to get this one in Katalox for a buddy that has a slower internet connection. It's really hard to capture the grain in a picture but it's a beauty. It'll be getting mailed out on Monday along with a Coco boys knife that I also got for him.

dmEFTwT.jpg

oS4mJRb.jpg
I could use a buddy with a fast internet connection!:D :thumbsup:

Man, you guys weren't kidding. It's all but impossible to really capture the amazingness of the curly katalox (at least for someone with my limited skills)! I love it! I'll post some more pics on Monday or Tuesday when I have some more time. :)

y7QIlz1.jpg

Last edited:
Really good picture. :cool::thumbsup:
Mine made it to Sacramento, which means I should have it tomorrow. :):thumbsup:

Thanks! I'm still learning how to use the thing, but I'm having a lot of fun with that cheapy lightbox and my iphone lately. :D

I think you're going to love yours! Eric really did a great job on these, and the katalox is just pretty as heck.

For the last drop I did not get an email notification. Nothing in my spam folder either. I re-submitted my email to sign up, but I'm still not sure if I'm on the list. Does Eric have a direct email address? I could not find anything on the website.

For the last drop I did not get an email notification. Nothing in my spam folder either. I re-submitted my email to sign up, but I'm still not sure if I'm on the list. Does Eric have a direct email address? I could not find anything on the website.
You can message Eric @ea42 via BladeForums.

The release prior to last, I did not receive an email notice - it went straight to the junk folder. I whitelisted the address and I got it fine this last go around but it happened during the weekend where I am largely unplugged.

The Sarsaparilla Float Jig Bone and Katalox are both stellar looking - I am definitely looked forward to seeing more of the jigged bone in pictures.

What i know about computers you could write on the point of a pin, but it may be a software glitch, i did not get a notification either.:).

Received my Katalox today...
I'm both excited and a little disappointed.
The knife is beautiful and the fit and finish, walk and talk, and 'snap' are all good.

My one issue is with the blade grind.
If you look at the picture below, you''l see a wide dark stripe near the tip.
This is where the blade grind angles upward and then thickens out at the tip.
It even more noticeable when you run your fingers over it. You can feel it angle up and thicken out.
It's not terrible and won't effect using it, but just thought it was worth mentioning.

Last edited:
Received my Katalox today...
I'm both excited and a little disappointed.
The knife is beautiful and the fit and finish, walk and talk, and 'snap' are all very very good. It's a beautiful knife.

My one issue is with the blade grind.
If you look at the picture below, you''l see a wide dark stripe near the tip.
This is where the blade grind angles upward and then thickens out at the tip.
It even more noticeable when you run your fingers over it. You can feel it angle up and thicken out.
It's not terrible and won't effect using it, but just thought it was worth mentioning.

John, are you talking about how the edge bevel isn't maintained towards the tip? This is something that GEC doesn't do particularly well - as a result, their spears and some of their clips end up being pretty thick at the tip.

And not to rain on your parade any further but is that a significant gap at the cover/bolster transition or is it simply an over magnification?

eOdanVU.png

John, are you talking about how the edge bevel isn't maintained towards the tip?
Yes, I've just never seen (or felt) such a sharp transition before. :(

is that a significant gap at the cover/bolster transition
I actually only noticed that when I posted the picture. Yes, there's a gap between the bolster and the handle at the well. :(

Last edited:
Back