Albers Cutlery Company

Sacto

Basic Member
Yes, I've just never seen (or felt) such a sharp transition before. :(

I actually only noticed that when I posted the picture. Yes, there's a gap on the well side there. :(

And if I'm being super picky, there's a very small gap in the back spring. But none of that stuff matters that much to me on a "user' knife. The blade grind bothers me a bit, but the little tiny gaps not so much.
Well, that’s a bummer. I know you were looking forward to that one. I hope you can still enjoy it.

Un-Chained

Gold Member
@ JohnDF

I like having a great carry, and have a few more of the same for the house, so to speak.
I'd keep it and get some more if possible.
Win Win Win etc :thumbsup:

EDIT... not sure I've said that's a beauty yet :)

Pàdruig

Live and Let Die
Platinum Member
Definitely will keep it and use it. :)

The one thing that has stood out to me about Eric's work here is that it is a robust design with durable materials. A quality stainless steel and durable, yet attractive cover options - these knives are meant to be carried and used. I am happy to see that you'll be hanging onto it - it really is an attractive knife.

The point is correctable and the small gap is nothing to be overly concerned about - the recent spate of issues on GECs has made me a bit cynical and (quite likely) overly critical.

I am going to continue to monitor my emails (hopefully, I will get lucky and a release won't happen on a weekend).

JohnDF

Gold Member
Can't expect perfection if it's made by a human
I definitely wasn't expecting perfection.
I'm good with little tiny gaps, there's nothing glaring there, which is why I didn't even mention it in my first post.

Spaten

Basic Member
L8XSnNI.jpg

I was lucky enough to be near my computer for both of the last two drops, so my maple burl has a sarsaparilla bone brother. Both are beautifully functional. I think I’ll be carrying the bone tomorrow and switch to the maple for wooden Wednesday.

Murphjd25

Gold Member
These all look great, but I really think they are going to be to small for my liking. I’ve decided to wait for however long for a different and larger pattern, hopefully with the same clip point! Enjoy guys, I’ll keep enjoying all y’all pictures!

brownshoe

I support this site with my MIND
I definitely wasn't expecting perfection.
I'm good with little tiny gaps, there's nothing glaring there, which is why I didn't even mention it in my first post.

Sorry, my post wasn't meant to be about yours.

Jake Dudley

Gold Member
Basic Member
I originally thought the action on this one was a little sluggish but after a thorough flush it really improved. The f&f on the jigged bone is great. Backspring is flush in all three positions and the blade is nice and centered. The katalox is slightly off centered and there is a small gap between spring and liner but the overall feel in the hand is very nice! Looks like I'm going to be keeping both.
IMG_0920 by jacob dudley, on Flickr

btb01

Gold Member
This indoor photo doesn’t quite do justice to the Catalina Cherry Burl, it’s really stunning. Here it is with my “First 15” in Bubinga. (I’ll try to get a more well-lit photo soon.)

hOJtgeQ.jpg

One thing that I noticed has been improved on this knife compared to my first one is that the blade seems to be ground a bit thinner behind the edge, and definite plus for me. :thumbsup: