Albers Cutlery Company

Pàdruig

Live and Let Die
Platinum Member
(snip) There are lots of folks on other knife forums and several social media groups that are also very aware of Albers Cutlery, so I expect they will continue to be in high demand and I’m sure my good luck streak won’t last forever.

First - lovely collection, it is nice to see the variety that Eric offers. Second - there is no need to apologize (and I am glad that you didn't) for your success - it takes effort and time. All of us are collectors in some form or another - despite one's personal definition of what a collector is. We can all do a better job at celebrating one another's successes.

As an aside, I find that social media saps the joy right out of collecting - hence why I left most of it behind some time ago. The forums are starting to take on those unfavorable elements though and it's become a bit disappointing.

cudgee

Gold Member
First - lovely collection, it is nice to see the variety that Eric offers. Second - there is no need to apologize (and I am glad that you didn't) for your success - it takes effort and time. All of us are collectors in some form or another - despite one's personal definition of what a collector is. We can all do a better job at celebrating one another's successes.

As an aside, I find that social media saps the joy right out of collecting - hence why I left most of it behind some time ago. The forums are starting to take on those unfavorable elements though and it's become a bit disappointing.
Mate, excuse my ignorance, but can i ask a question. I have never been on social media it is just something i have no interest in. Why do you find that social media saps the joy out of collecting, not ever having participated i am just curious. If this is inappropriate for this thread i will gladly delete this post, i don't want to get off topic on a thread that i read every day.

Pàdruig

Live and Let Die
Platinum Member
Mate, excuse my ignorance, but can i ask a question. I have never been on social media it is just something i have no interest in. Why do you find that social media saps the joy out of collecting, not ever having participated i am just curious. If this is inappropriate for this thread i will gladly delete this post, i don't want to get off topic on a thread that i read every day.

I don't want to derail things too much and if the topic gets too drawn out, we can take it to PM.

It is important for me to note that my opinions on social media are largely subjective and are based on my own observations. Most modern forms of social media are rather shallow - they do not promote or facilitate meaningful discourse. They are relatively useless when it comes to the matter of research as the formatting caters to whatever the "flavor of the day" is and anything seemingly noteworthy gets buried relatively quickly. I have a number of other thoughts that run the risk of indicting other elements as well as people so I will just keep those to myself for now.

I know a lot of folks have left the forums in favor of other forms of social media - which I find baffling - but if it suits them, it isn't for me to judge. The complete opposite holds true for myself.

AnW

Gold Member

Thanks for the kind words. I have certainly been fortunate since last fall when I got my first Albers Single Blade Jack.

I also have found that I am much less interested in social media and prefer this forum. I don’t think one can find a more knowledgeable or friendly group of folks than right here on BF when it comes to traditional pocket knives.

waynorth

Dealer / Materials Provider
Nice collection, AnW AnW !!:thumbsup: I hope you don't mind me saving your "Mandala" picture for posterity??:cool:
As you might know, I have been corralled by this Pandemic, unable to cross the border to pick up mail, but I couldn't wait any longer!!:eek:

Sent to me, direct from Eric, some time ago, this wonderful knife has been languishing:(, not knowing who was going to celebrate with it!!:D
A wonderful Jack, cleanly made, and with deep ebony handles, it is custom quality for sure!!:thumbsup: So glad I finally picked it up today!! January Ebony 1.jpg January Ebony 2.jpg
So I have to quarantine for two weeks!!:p At least I have a new knife
(a few actually - see other threads!:rolleyes:) So what, I say!!:D
BTW, from what several posts before me have intimated, it is just as well that I don't peruse social media except for BladeForums!! This forum is great for us traditional aficianados!!;)
{My scanner-glass is still scratched up - sheesh!!:oops: Some things never change!!}

AnW

Gold Member
Nice collection, AnW AnW !!:thumbsup: I hope you don't mind me saving your "Mandala" picture for posterity??:cool:
As you might know, I have been corralled by this Pandemic, unable to cross the border to pick up mail, but I couldn't wait any longer!!:eek:

Sent to me, direct from Eric, some time ago, this wonderful knife has been languishing:(, not knowing who was going to celebrate with it!!:D
A wonderful Jack, cleanly made, and with deep ebony handles, it is custom quality for sure!!:thumbsup: So glad I finally picked it up today!! View attachment 1514996 View attachment 1514997
So I have to quarantine for two weeks!!:p At least I have a new knife
(a few actually - see other threads!:rolleyes:) So what, I say!!:D
BTW, from what several posts before me have intimated, it is just as well that I don't peruse social media except for BladeForums!! This forum is great for us traditional aficianados!!;)
{My scanner-glass is still scratched up - sheesh!!:oops: Some things never change!!}

Don’t mind a bit, in fact nothing would make me happier! Your ebony is fantastic! That’s the one I carry the most out of my bunch.

Glad you were able to make a run for the border - at least you get to enjoy your new toys as you quarantine.

Fixall

Gold Member
Platinum Member
The perfect pair Charlie! Now I just gotta talk ea42 ea42 into making some with end caps! :D:eek:

So many wonderful patterns out there for Eric to expand to in the future if he decides to! :D Personally, I'm hoping we see a swayback barlow someday.

I gotta say, I pretty darn excited for the upcoming fixed blades too though!

Last edited:

SteveC

Gold Member
BBOg8xy.jpg

Oh there won't be any halt to those, still making them nonstop. There might be a slight delay after this next batch of knives come out as I'll be out of parts by then and working on prepping the next bunch that's about to be cut.

Eric
Any idea when that might be? Asking for an intrested party.

ea42

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Any idea when that might be? Asking for an intrested party.

Should be the end of next week, possibly Thursday or Friday.

Adam, interesting idea for the caplifter, maybe some time in the future. So what would you folks prefer first; a caplifter and clip or a pen blade and clip? I've been working on a pen blade but that can possibly be switched.

Eric

bigfish64

Gold Member

Adam, interesting idea for the caplifter, maybe some time in the future. So what would you folks prefer first; a caplifter and clip or a pen blade and clip? I've been working on a pen blade but that can possibly be switched.

Eric
Haven’t been able to score one of your knives yet Eric, gonna keep trying! I like clip and pen. :thumbsup:

Pàdruig

Live and Let Die
Platinum Member

Eric

I'm looking forward to it, Eric - hopefully I will be in the right place at the right time for a change this go around.

With regards to secondary preference - I am solidly in the coping-blade-trumps-all-others camp but a pen or caplifter would certainly be useful as well.

Fixall

Gold Member
Platinum Member
I'm looking forward to it, Eric - hopefully I will be in the right place at the right time for a change this go around.

With regards to secondary preference - I am solidly in the coping-blade-trumps-all-others camp but a pen or caplifter would certainly be useful as well.

I'm with you there. Give me a longer spear or clip when I need it for food prep and a small wharncliffe-like blade for other cutting tasks. Hard combo to beat!

a caplifter would be my second choice, and then pen blade. :)

Last edited: