Albers Cutlery Company

Does anyone know the dates of each drop, and how many of each cover were made? (Silly, I suppose Eric does!) I think these fixed blades were the 4th drop, but I might have missed one.

Does anyone know the dates of each drop, and how many of each cover were made? (Silly, I suppose Eric does!) I think these fixed blades were the 4th drop, but I might have missed one.
I was thinking that there were two drops of boys knives and then this one, but now I'm not sure.

I got one of the camelthorn's. I don't need another fixed blade - ok, I don't need any more knives of any kind, size, shape or configuration - but got caught up in the excitement of actually not missing a drop after missing all the other Alber's and the last several GEC drops. I mean, I could actually buy one of these! So I did :p

I was able to resist the temptation until they were all gone. Now I look forward to the regret I’ll feel when I see them posted here. :D
Been there, done that. Missed out on the T-shirt :p

Off the top of my head, the first drop was just 15 knives back in August or September. Then another at the end of January of this year. Another one in March, and now the fixed blades. But, I may have missed one in November. Help . . . .

I was able to resist the temptation until they were all gone. Now I look forward to the regret I’ll feel when I see them posted here. :D
Now listen, i don't want to hear any whinging about coulda' shoulda' woulda' after i advised you. I have enough of my own of them.:eek:. I'm still kicking myself for not getting the last Maher&Grosh release.:mad:.:D:D:D:D:D:D. Take care and have a good one.;).

Off the top of my head, the first drop was just 15 knives back in August or September. Then another at the end of January of this year. Another one in March, and now the fixed blades. But, I may have missed one in November. Help . . . .
I think you are correct.:thumbsup:.

*edit
Just checked my emails.

There were drops on 10/31, 12/6, 1/31, 3/21, and now 4/21.

Last edited:
I saw this morning the email announcing the fixes.
I clicked to see, of course everything was sold.
No regrets, since no shipping in France :D

With the help of Brian's dates and some further research, I have come up with this list. If anyone has corrections or additions, which they know are correct, please add them below.

Albers Cut Co History

September 2020: “The First 15” single clip jacks included red jigged bone, old Westinghouse maroon micarta, ebony, bubinga wood, and blue/yellow kirinite.

October 2020: “Batch One” single clip jacks of 50 knives in mastodon ivory, blue/yellow kirinite, maroon linen micarta, golden dyed maple burl, ironwood, and cat scratch bone.

December 2020: “Batch Two” single clip jacks in blue rope bone, macadamia wood, ebony and maple burl.

January 2021: “Batch Three” single clip jacks in sarsaparilla jigged bone, katalox wood, and catalina cherry burl.

March 2021: “Batch Four” of 51 single clip jacks in snakewood, patriot kirinite, and axis deer antler.

April 2021: “Batch Five” of 35 drop point fixed blades in ironwood, black/brown canvas micarta, burgundy linen micarta, and camelthorn wood.

Last edited:
The snow is gone and the sun peeked out for an hour so I dropped everything and ran outside to try and get better pics. Really.

Katalox is a new wood to me. It does not photograph all that well. Mostly looking like a dull brown wood. Even in person a cursory examination would lead one to believe that it's dull brown wood. Upon closer examination, however, some interesting grain is revealed. Its also not perfectly smooth which is a plus. One big advantage is its not "too pretty to use". I have a couple (or three) of those and I try not to buy any more (wink, wink, nudge, nudge).

The more I look at it the more I like the Katalox. It's really quite handsome. Similar to the way ebony is. It introduced me to something new.

Its basically the same pattern as the Red Trout I periodically carry, so I could just put this one up and not use it, but I'm not going to that. Its already been used to open a package and its going in my chaotic, unorganized and whimsical "rotation" :)

Just for the record, I realize that normal people would be like :rolleyes: if one mentioned a knife "rotation" :p

Anyway, my original point is Katalox is hard to photograph :cool:
Albers4.JPG Albers5.JPG

Lighting makes a difference
Albers6.JPG

Albers7.JPG

There is nothing about this pocket knife that I don't like. The blade won't patina up all pretty, but then again its really good blade steel, so it balances out :thumbsup:

I'm almost glad that I miss out on the drops as it will help me to not buy, like, a dozen of these.

With the help of Brian's dates and some further research, I have come up with this list. If anyone has corrections or additions, which they know are correct, please add them below.

Albers Cut Co History

September 2020: “The First 15” single clip jacks included red jigged bone, old Westinghouse maroon micarta, ebony, bubinga wood, and blue/yellow kirinite.

October 2020: “Batch One” single clip jacks of 50 knives in mastodon ivory, blue/yellow kirinite, maroon linen micarta, golden dyed maple burl, and ironwood.

December 2020: “Batch Two” single clip jacks in blue rope bone, macadamia wood, ebony and maple burl.

January 2021: “Batch Three” single clip jacks in sarsaparilla jigged bone, katalox wood, and catalina cherry burl.

March 2021: “Batch Four” of 51 single clip jacks in snakewood, patriot kirinite, and axis deer antler.

April 2021: “Batch Five” drop point fixed blades in ironwood, black/brown canvas micarta, burgundy linen micarta, and camelthorn wood.
Thanks for this. I'm going to save it for future reference.

"More Blue Rope Bone"
:)

Albers Cut Co History

October 2020: “Batch One” single clip jacks of 50 knives in mastodon ivory, blue/yellow kirinite, maroon linen micarta, golden dyed maple burl, and ironwood.

April 2021: “Batch Five” drop point fixed blades in ironwood, black/brown canvas micarta, burgundy linen micarta, and camelthorn wood.

Thanks for taking the time to do this. This info will be invaluable to people in later years. :)

Trying to track down early production history for companies is such a pain!! :eek:

This info will be invaluable to people in later years.

Hopefully people who actually were able to purchase these early releases will chime in with corrected info. I would also like to see the numbers of each handle material per batch, like in the GEC production totals. Maybe Eric will have the time to jump in with some info.

Handy Jeff thanks.:thumbsup:
Also interesting to note that batch "4" used up the last of the parts Eric had on hand, I'm assuming springs and blades?

Good thinking Jeff! black mamba black mamba

Need to add 1 Cat Scratch Jig bone to the October lineup. That's the beauty I landed. Just went back thru my email history 10/31/2020 and confirmed it. :cool::thumbsup:

Back