• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

All Sold - Heat Treated (Peters) Knife Blanks for sale!

Hey all, I'm selling out some blanks. These are heat treated by Peters at 63 rockwell for cutting performance. See the descriptions for each photo for details.
Call out what you want here in this thread, and DM or email me your requests. PayPal for payment. First come first served.

These Gyuto / Petty sets are 52100 steel. These are rough shaped and ready for shape refinement and grinding. Again, heat treated at 63 by Peters. You will need to set the shoulders and choil to final shape. Otherwise ready to grind.

Sizes for set #1 thru #4: Gyuto Length: 240 x 50mm or more. Petty - 172 x 32 mm.
Thickness is as follows:
Set #1 - Sold!
Set #2 - Gyuto at .130 and Petty at .11
Set #3 - Gyuto at .130 and Petty at .11
Set #4 - Gyuto at .130 and Petty at .11
Each of these Gyuto / Petty sets (#1-#4): $60.00 $45.00 plus shipping.

The final blade here (#5) is a 240 by 50 Gyuto at .130 inches thick. $40 $30 plus shipping.

52100Sets.jpg 52100Sets2.jpg

Last edited:
Second group. These are roughly modeled on the western Shigefusa Gyuto style.
One in AEBL, and two in 52100. All at 63 Rockwell hardness.
These are drilled for corbies and also pins for nickel silver bolsters or whatever you might like.
All are roughly 190 x 47~ mm give or take a few.

$40 $30 each. Might do a deal on all three.
Thanks!

WesternShigPattern1.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you so much for the blanks, they are excellent, I gave my best friend a set so he could finish his own set himself as a early Christmas present, he is always complaining about his kitchen knifes so this are going to be the best of the best his ever had !!!
Thank you again and if you ever have any other quality blanks you would like to sell please let me know, my kids and I really enjoy putting them together as a hobby!
Thank you!

What’s the hardness on the spine where thy used a torch to straighten the blades?

Back