All Things Sharp & Fiery...and Friends!

Sharp & Fiery

Leatherworks, Kydex/Holstex/Boltaron, Mods -Canada
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
I’ve contemplated creating this thread for a long while now.

This thread is meant to shed some light on Northern Canada living and the things that we are up to. Whether it be out in the bush, gardening, knife making, leather working, construction projects, hunting and whatever happens to be interesting.

I will update whenever possible and I welcome discussion and participation. :) Actually quite looking forward to it.

What this will NOT be is a sales ad. So please keep all business related inquiries to PM. I will not answer questions related to if something is available or prices in this thread. So please don’t post those questions in this thread. I thank you for your cooperation. 😀

So without further delay...here it is...the All Things Sharp & Fiery thread.

Last edited:
A deck project that got knocked off this week and finished up...
9AB1455B-2A7A-461D-B2AA-16544E6C406B.jpeg914C3E01-19B5-4DCF-915B-A5B69DD0020F.jpeg
A few things in the works...
317914E2-4782-45F0-A06B-476A9A625A01.jpeg
D476C0E2-A28D-44E7-AE7B-FB90A6772325.jpeg
6BD001E9-D75F-4398-B669-D130FEFEAC79.jpeg
And a cicada without color and with...something that isn’t always seen...
007A8E6B-A493-4511-A55D-F37D6762F221.jpeg10CE12AE-0F6E-47BD-AEDA-8E458C89E090.jpeg
See ya’ll soon!

Last edited:
Now we need photos of said NC living & things that pop...up. ;)👍

Edit: Well that was quick work w/ the pics! Had the same swing set & trampoline setup till the kids grew & the neighbors two trampolines did it's own gymnastics in the last two hurricanes we got. I gave em ours. Straps on a trampoline is a must down here. lol Love the sweet deck.

Last edited:
Sharp and fiery
rcJNR91.jpg

Now we need photos of said NC living & things that pop...up. ;)👍

Edit: Well that was quick work w/ the pics! Had the same swing set & trampoline setup till the kids grew & the neighbors two trampolines did it's own gymnastics in the last two hurricanes we got. I gave em ours. Straps on a trampoline is a must down here. lol Love the sweet deck.
I wish that was my deck! Haha. That was a project for a customer (construction is my day job). There will be a hot tub in the corner cutout when it finally gets delivered. 🤪 Everything seems to be backordered these days.

I hear ya on the trampolines...always tie-downs in windy areas. :) That was kind of you to give them yours. 👍🏼

Thank you for the kind words.
Sharp & Fiery Sharp & Fiery : Please define "Northern Canada." Put me in the ballpark. I'd like to know where we are here. :)
A few hours north of the 45th parallel. :D So not where it is winter all year. Haha. Thank goodness. ;)

Well, I cut the grass yesterday, and got all the things done around the house thurs/fri. So now it’s time for some fun. :) Man do I ever like seeing the lines on the grass from the lawnmower wheels. Haha. I’m funny like that.

This morning I got to making some new scales for the Le Thiers from Gary W. Graley Gary W. Graley and engraved by WValtakis WValtakis These are box elder as I can’t handle the smell of Juniper. :(
Don’t you worry Chip, the engravings are well protected during this process. 😎
Hoping to finish them up today.
ADAA415A-D748-48BA-8599-823465461DE8.jpeg0FCF38AA-F069-470D-8C9E-63612A11CCD9.jpeg

Well, I cut the grass yesterday, and got all the things done around the house thurs/fri. So now it’s time for some fun. :) Man do I ever like seeing the lines on the grass from the lawnmower wheels. Haha. I’m funny like that.

This morning I got to making some new scales for the Le Thiers from Gary W. Graley Gary W. Graley and engraved by WValtakis WValtakis These are box elder as I can’t handle the smell of Juniper. :(
Don’t you worry Chip, the engravings are well protected during this process. 😎
Hoping to finish them up today.
View attachment 1606040View attachment 1606041
Those Juniper scales were intense, definitely kept my sinuses clear while I was engraving it🤣

Wild, while on the other hand, I really love that peppery smell myself and look for folders that have those scales! Just very unique wood in that respect.

But, those are looking pretty nice sir!
G2

A deck project that got knocked off this week and finished up...
View attachment 1604392View attachment 1604393
A few things in the works...
View attachment 1604402
View attachment 1604405
View attachment 1604404
And a cicada without color and with...something that isn’t always seen...
View attachment 1604406View attachment 1604407
See ya’ll soon!

Love that deck, BTW. Very clean, nice stairs and railing, too ... Reminds me of two weeks of exhausting July 4th vacations a couple of years back ....

tn_P1010588.jpg

tn_P1010613.jpg

Hope you don't mind me posting pics in your thread ....

Roland.

Wild, while on the other hand, I really love that peppery smell myself and look for folders that have those scales! Just very unique wood in that respect.

But, those are looking pretty nice sir!
G2
Thank you Gary. :) Want the Juniper scales back? 😂🤣
Love that deck, BTW. Very clean, nice stairs and railing, too ... Reminds me of two weeks of exhausting July 4th vacations a couple of years back ....

tn_P1010588.jpg

tn_P1010613.jpg

Roland.
Mind? Not at all. Love it!

tn_P1010588.jpg

tn_P1010613.jpg

Roland.
Thank you for your kind words. 😃 PS. Your photo is off level. 🤪😉

Before this thread travels too far...I’m gonna go ahead and change the title. I think it would be fun to invite friends here by name to post what they are up to...

So, hey! MolokaiRider MolokaiRider what have you been up to?
(A photo or 2 and a short post will do! 😎)

Is this a good idea? :)

All done...very happy with the way these turned out...a wood that compliments Chip’s engraving well. :)
View attachment 1606125View attachment 1606126
Time to move on to leather working?...

Those scales look fantastic, beautiful job.

Before this thread travels too far...I’m gonna go ahead and change the title. I think it would be fun to invite friends here by name to post what they are up to...

So, hey! MolokaiRider MolokaiRider what have you been up to?
(A photo or 2 and a short post will do! 😎)

Is this a good idea? :)

That’s a great idea you had, it totally compliments both you and your new thread.

Cool thread!

Well, let’s see. I pretty much work seven days a week, and try to fit time in to take the family on adventures or hunt/fish when I have time.

This morning I packed up some lab equipment to store for a few months until my client who uses this stuff returns in a couple of months.

6AE64164-951F-4031-B66D-E1EE50286E35.jpeg

On the way to the farm I stooped to watch a couple of military choppers practice touch and go maneuvers.

5940615B-F4F8-4EAD-A5C5-3355386FB416.jpeg
I spent a little time getting this old girl back into fighting shape to get some work done spraying invasive weeds like sandbur and cheese weed.

This thing always amazes me on how reliable it is. Nothing fancy at all, so pretty much bullet proof. I look like a circus monkey on a mini-bike on it, but it always gets the job done.
AD901F44-F8F7-447D-B7E2-B84497E807F7.jpeg

Back