All time favorite movie

The Ladykillers with Tom Hanks always cracks me up. I've seen parts of the original with Peter Sellers, but need to catch the whole thing.

While I'm not a movie/TV person and it's not my absolute favorite movie TCM had a movie from 1975 which you hardly see played, "Sharks' Treasure". Overshadowed by Jaws that was released the same year its one of those movies Ill watch again and again. While Jaws made me want to stay out of the water Sharks' Treasure made me want to go hunting for lost Spanish gold in the Caribbean, fun movie.

No way could I pick just one! Historical epics and science-fiction are my jam. Here are a few that I don’t mind re-watching…

The Black Rose (1950) starring Tyrone Power, Orson Welles, and Cecile Aubry.

Captain Blood, 1935, starring Errol Flynn, Olivia de Haviland, and Basil Rathbone.

Scaramouche, 1952, starring Stuart Granger, Mel Ferrer, and Janet Leigh.

The Robe, 1953, starring Richard Burton, Victor Mature, and Jean Simmons.

Prince of Foxes, 1949, starring Tyrone Power, Orson Welles, and Wanda Hendrix.

All time favorite - Django Unchained.
Few days ago watched The Gentleman on Netflix and it was incredibly good.
[Spam removed]

Last edited by a moderator:
How about ALL of the "Sharknado" movies?

And of course: "Blazing Saddles"..
The ONE movie that could never be made today!

Three way tie between these, watch them whenever they're on.

MV5BMmE1OWZjYjctYzZlNi00YmEyLTg4YWYtZDc4NTE2ODZlYzhhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzc5MjA3OA@@._V1_.jpg

Big-Trouble-in-Little-China-4205LB-scaled.jpg

MV5BMTkzOTkwNTI4N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMDIzNzI5._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

Hands down and without a doubt, it's Gladiator for me. I still remember going to the movie just thinking it was going to be nothing but a movie with a bunch of fighting. I walked out shocked at how much I loved it with the storyline, despite not being anything like I'd anticipated or expected.

Last edited:
Hands down and without a doubt, it's Gladiator for me. I still remember going to the movie just thinking it was going to be nothing but a movie with a bunch of fighting. I waled out shocked at how much I loved it with the storyline, despite not being anything like I'd anticipated or expected.
Russell Crowe really knows how to pick them! He’s made several other films that were close contenders for me. Gladiator was great. As was Master and Commander, 3:10 to Yuma, The Water Diviner, A Good Year, etc, etc.

Back