• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Allen Elishewitz TAD Dauntless folder

I have an Allen Elishewitz TAD Dauntless liner lock folder with grooved OD green canvas micarta handle scales, titanium bolsters, and a two-tone finished S30V drop point blade for sale. Allen has long made some of most perfectly constructed tactical/utility custom folders, and this knife is his take on the TAD Gear Dauntless design. With tight tolerances and perfect fit and finish, this particular Dauntless is a great example of the quality of his work, and it features TAD's tritium thumbstuds to help the knife be easily located in the dark. Allen's logo on this piece is a gold plated sterling silver medallion inlaid in the flat of the blade.

I am not the first owner of the Dauntless listed here, but it does not appear to have ever been carried, used, or resharpened, and its original edge from Allen is very sharp. There is a very faint handling mark on the pocket clip. The opening action is very smooth, and the knife opens easily with a good flick of the thumb. I uploaded a brief video here to demonstrate the action. The lock-up is rock solid, and the blade centering is just about dead perfect.

***SOLD***

Specs:

Condition: Near mint
Blade length: 3 7/8" from tip to handle
Overall length: 8 3/4"
Blade thickness: Just under 5/32" at ricasso
Blade material: CPM S30V
Blade finish: Handrubbed flats, beadblasted grinds
Edge: Plain
Bolsters: Titanium, beadblasted
Handle scale material: OD green canvas micarta, grooved
Lock: Titanium liner lock, beadblasted
Backspacer: Black micarta
Clip: Tip down, stainless steel, beadblasted

1219473394-Elishewitz_TAD_Dauntless__007_1.jpg

1219473402-Elishewitz_TAD_Dauntless__007_2.jpg

1219473440-Elishewitz_TAD_Dauntless__007_3.jpg

1219473474-Elishewitz_TAD_Dauntless__007_4.jpg

1219473500-Elishewitz_TAD_Dauntless__007_5.jpg

1219473561-Elishewitz_TAD_Dauntless__007_6.jpg

1219473581-Elishewitz_TAD_Dauntless__007_7.jpg

1219473595-Elishewitz_TAD_Dauntless__007_8.jpg

1219473628-Elishewitz_TAD_Dauntless__007_9.jpg

1219473649-Elishewitz_TAD_Dauntless__007_A.jpg

For payment on this piece, I can take USPS money orders and PayPal (add 3% in the US to cover most of the fees, 4% outside of the US). I can also take a personal check if I know you. If you are paying by PayPal, I will only ship to a PayPal-confirmed address. I reserve the right to wait for payments to clear before I ship.

I will consider trades (with appropriate cash adjustment) for custom folders and certain custom balis. I am especially interested in the following makers:

JL Williams
Charles Marlowe
Tim Galyean
Deryk Munroe
Jim Smyth
Kit Carson
Jim Burke
Gerry McGinnis
DB Fraley
Bob Lum
Mike Snody
Sal Manaro
Scott Cook
Ernie Emerson
Rick Hinderer
Matt Cucchiara
Todd Begg
Tom Mayo
Neil Blackwood
Ken Onion
Phil Boguszewski
Jens Anso
Flavio Ikoma
Michael Burch

I may consider trades for other custom folders or balis not listed above, especially those with Stellite 6K blades. However, I am not interested in serrated blades, production knives, or fixed blades other than those by John Young or Russ Andrews.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions. Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
Back